GUILTY MN - Landen Hoffmann, 5, thrown from 3rd Floor at Mall of America by stranger, 12 Apr 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nineteen years is not enough of a sentence, imo.
Landen could still face an uphill battle, esp. with skull fractures !

The bones can heal, but in some ways he may never be as whole physically as he once was.
Sorry so negative, but I think the perp should've remained locked up for good.
The physical act of picking up and throwing a small child makes me ill.
Landen could have perished.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm very thankful he has come as far as he has been able !

I worry about future physical challenges, that's all.
:(
M00.

Yes. And there is a huge grief process that parents who have a child with a disability, go through, they grieve for the "normal" child. Not saying they don't love their child now, but it will never be the way it was before.

Now, they have doctors offices on speed dial on their phone, numerous medical appointments, medication logs, adaptive equipment, the list of how their lives have changed are endless.

Nineteen years is not a long enough sentence.

Interesting, the family received a settlement from Mall of America. I wonder how MoA is going to keep violent criminals from a public space? While it is private property, I don't know how this could be accomplished.

I still don't see the reasoning behind Mall of America being responsible for Landen's injuries. How is security going to be able to screen for violent criminal offenders and people with mental illness?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryopanda
Back