GUILTY MN - Laura Schwendemann, 18, Kensington, 14 Oct 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If she's not being held against her will and did not leave by choice and is not trying to remain undetected, what choices are left?

Dead somewhere? Or left somewhere alive (or barely) but not being held? (Which, two weeks later seems the odds are slim she'd still be alive)

Circumstances of disappearance

"Although we are not ruling out other scenarios, we have not received information that would substantiate that Laura is being held against her will,” the sheriff’s offices said. “We have not received information that would substantiate that Laura left by her own decision and is evading being found.”

http://www.fox9.com/news/39353745-story

If she's not being held against her will and did not leave by choice and is not trying to remain undetected, what choices are left?

Dead somewhere? Or left somewhere alive (or barely) but not being held? (Which, two weeks later seems the odds are slim she'd still be alive)

http://www.fox9.com/news/39353745-story

IMO Not good ones. I pray that I'm wrong.

Several interviews have been conducted. Air searches of large areas have been conducted with fixed wing aircraft and helicopters.

"Ground searches have been conducted based on supporting information and will continue to be conducted when information supports it," Wolbersen said.

Other agencies that have been/currently are involved in the investigation include police departments from Alexandria, Starbuck, Glenwood and Morris; Pope County Sheriff's Office (PCSO); Stevens County Sheriff’s Office; the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension; State Patrol; Minnesota Department of Natural Resources; the FBI; West Central Minnesota Drug and Violent Crime Task Force; Douglas County Sheriff’s Posse and Pope County Sheriff’s Posse.

http://www.inforum.com/news/3868912-authorities-focus-man-last-seen-missing-starbuck-minn-teen

There is a private search being conducted by civilians. It is one of the most impressive searches I have ever seen. They have divided up the area on a grid map and doing a phenomenal job helping.

Anyone know if there might be the wildlife cameras that we've seen be useful at times in other cases? Or if it's common in some of the areas mentioned for landowners with a lot of acreage to have any since so many are so isolated from their closest neighbors?

Just wondering if that's even a potential tool to help LE if they did narrow down areas some from tips on where the car may have been seen/heard or around any potential blue house/statue properties...

Given the area and at least what I saw using GoogleGuy trying to blue house hunt until that clearly became a futile thing, it's not like there are apt to be many on traffic lights, etc.

And with so much so rural and largely just little smatterings of businesses, it doesn't seem like there are apt to be many on businesses that might also help narrow things down by catching the car passing if they reviewed video.

Although with it being so far out now, it seems like even if there were footage it could be recorded over by now too maybe?

It's just such a massive and difficult area to search, even with a great ground search effort that Mom mentioned, it seems like it's going to take as many possible means to add anything helpful to narrow things down much to find her.

There is a private search being conducted by civilians. It is one of the most impressive searches I have ever seen. They have divided up the area on a grid map and doing a phenomenal job helping.

Do you have any of the locations where they are searching. I am working on a map.

Here is what we have so far. https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z2VLvG6QAl8U.k8ahUTuQA28U&usp=sharing If you click on the place names on the left hand side of the map, you will get a description of why they were mentioned in relation to the case. You can also zoom in and out on the map and switch to satellite vs map view.

Thank you. Hadn't seen this group yet. Joined! What sucks is how swampy and marshy the area they are searching is. It is being said that those in question have been avid hunters in this area forever and know it like the back of their hand. They'd know the best hidden and desolate areas to hide something if they wanted to.

Anyone know if there might be the wildlife cameras that we've seen be useful at times in other cases? Or if it's common in some of the areas mentioned for landowners with a lot of acreage to have any since so many are so isolated from their closest neighbors?

Just wondering if that's even a potential tool to help LE if they did narrow down areas some from tips on where the car may have been seen/heard or around any potential blue house/statue properties...

Given the area and at least what I saw using GoogleGuy trying to blue house hunt until that clearly became a futile thing, it's not like there are apt to be many on traffic lights, etc.

And with so much so rural and largely just little smatterings of businesses, it doesn't seem like there are apt to be many on businesses that might also help narrow things down by catching the car passing if they reviewed video.

Although with it being so far out now, it seems like even if there were footage it could be recorded over by now too maybe?

It's just such a massive and difficult area to search, even with a great ground search effort that Mom mentioned, it seems like it's going to take as many possible means to add anything helpful to narrow things down much to find her.

Yes, wildlife cameras, AKA trail cams, would definitely be worth checking. MN is a big hunting state and since it is hunting season or close to it, there should be a lot of trail cams in the woods right now. LE have already mentioned that hunters should report anything suspicious. People running the local searches might want to be sure that posters are placed in hunting goods stores and similar places to spread the word among hunters.

Yes, wildlife cameras, AKA trail cams, would definitely be worth checking. MN is a big hunting state and since it is hunting season or close to it, there should be a lot of trail cams in the woods right now. LE have already mentioned that hunters should report anything suspicious. People running the local searches might want to be sure that posters are placed in hunting goods stores and similar places to spread the word among hunters.
I'm not sure what is in season right now but this past Saturday I heard a ton of shot bursts for half the day. I'm going to guess something that flies because I would hear 10-15 shots, then quiet for awhile and then another burst of 10-15, repeat.....for a few hours.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what is in season right now but this past Saturday I heard a ton of shot bursts for half the day. I'm going to guess something that flies because I would hear 10-15 shots, then quiet for awhile and then another burst of 10-15, repeat.....for a few hours.

That was most likely duck hunting. The duck/goose season opened Sept 26 in most of the state.

I know that people use trail cams for turkey and deer. Deer hunting attracts the most hunters. Deer archery season started Sept 19 and runs into December. Deer firearms season starts around November 7th and lasts 2 or 3 weeks depending on the part of the state. Wild turkey is another big season for hunters and that started Oct 3 and lasts through Nov 3. There are also open seasons right now for dove, woodcock, crows, rail, grouse, and other birds, plus small game season started Oct 17. So there are a lot of hunters hunting just now and there will be even more in November.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/hunting/seasons.html

Well... I have heard/read from 3 different places that Laura may have been found. LE has NOT said anything about this. If you look at the Douglas County Sheriff's Office FB page, you can see some of the comments. It was somewhere between Osakis and Villard. I'm assuming we'll know if these claims are true by tomorrow.

Well... I have heard/read from 3 different places that Laura may have been found. LE has NOT said anything about this. If you look at the Douglas County Sheriff's Office FB page, you can see some of the comments. It was somewhere between Osakis and Villard. I'm assuming we'll know if these claims are true by tomorrow.

Any mention if she was found alive?

The sheriff fb page released info that a body located, awaiting identity.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larney
Back