GUILTY MN - Laura Schwendemann, 18, Kensington, 14 Oct 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sheriff: Missing 18-year-old woman last seen in Alexandria, Minn. did not leave voluntarily
http://www.fox9.com/news/36929089-story

From your link:

The sheriff’s offices are also asking the public for help in identifying a “blue colored residence with a statue approximately three feet tall near the end of the driveway. The statue is described as having blue clothing and a red hat. This location is only being sought as a general area the missing person may have been observed.”

So, who "may have observed" her there? This is very confusing.

I have very little patience for such little information. I wanna call the cops and almost yell at them to knock it off and lay it all on the table😦
I just hope she is safe and goes home.

<snip>

As far as searching on google, depending on when these images were uploaded onto google, the house could have been painted, the statue could have been bought. I do keep find myself looking 'just in case', but I do keep thinking to myself that it would be very easy to miss the information I'm looking for if the specific area doesn't have street view or the house was painted, or the statue is newly bought.

I also can't help but the think the statue could now be MIA as soon as this description of the house/statue went public.

I mean, as far as statues go, it's not like 3 feet is massive, by most standards (especially for outside in a wide open area like much of the mentioned places of interest are) and it'd be easy to hide, dispose of, etc. Especially since many, many 3 foot statues are also not that heavy!

In fact, it's really quite small.

And we're also seeming to be getting the statue height guesstimate to begin with 3rd hand - someone seems to have only seen a quick glimpse of it (given they apparently didn't specify what the statue was of - only that it was a figure w/ blue clothes and a hat) and then relayed that to LE who now is relaying that to the public.

With as little detail as they apparently relayed (I mean, was this even really a blue house not a blue garage or barn or outbuilding that might have been the first thing visible from the driveway (I saw several blue building possibilities that could fit that description) or was it single or multi-story, etc. the statue height could be WAY off!

But even going with a 3 ft statue, and since I immediately though of the 'roaming gnome' as others mentioned, here's a 3 foot gnome that meets the description.

He's 3 feet tall - red hat, blue clothes, found at Walmart (so in other words very accessible and not obscure) plus only $40.

What does he weigh?

Less than 15 pounds!

VERY easy to hide/remove/bury/whatever something that weight and size! :crazy:

So if someone hadn't http://www.walmart.com/ip/3-Gnome/41126942ID'd earlier, it could be gone now - or even obscured as now a Halloween decor or something...

k2-_fb2d7945-90ed-4b28-aba9-013e15782045.v1.jpg-9979d8ae0328a66f4b14974c3f8ca0dceb0fdf08-optim-450x450.jpg

http://www.walmart.com/ip/3-Gnome/41126942

Not directed at your thought specifically, but just piggy-backing to wonder: then why would LE say they believe she did NOT leave voluntarily? If she was picked up by someone in the Prism, then dropped off somewhere, it seems as if that was her willingly going to someone's house, right?

This is all quite odd.

moo

I wonder if there's any possibility she left some place willingly initially, but then that it was from wherever that was that it wasn't willingly (if that makes sense?)

Just released:
As part of the investigation, investigators are asking the public to report sightings of a 1997 black Geo Prism with a loud exhaust, which occurred only within a specific timeframe: Wednesday, October 14 at 9:30 p.m. to Thursday, October 15 at 10:30 a.m.
Investigators do not believe Schwendemann left voluntarily. Based on information developed to date, investigators do not believe there is an ongoing risk to public safety.

http://www.echopress.com/news/3865764-update-car-clues-sought-missing-person-case

I think this case takes the cake for me in terms of the most random, yet incredibly specific, pieces of information that LE have released soliciting information about.

(Can't be many cars that meet that description - surely someone's going to spill the name of the owner of that car on SM somewhere...)

(Can't be many cars that meet that description - surely someone's going to spill the name of the owner of that car on SM somewhere...)

I think they have the owner of the car and the car itself. They are only looking for anyone who SAW (or maybe heard) this car the night Laura went missing. They simply don't know where they went road-tripping that night - and where Laura might have ended up. I just hope it rings a bell with some rural farmer that late one night, a whole week ago, they woke up to the dogs barking and some loud exhaust but then it faded and he went back to sleep. Gosh, I hope the LE has more to go on than this.

I think they have the owner of the car and the car itself. They are only looking for anyone who SAW (or maybe heard) this car the night Laura went missing. They simply don't know where they went road-tripping that night - and where Laura might have ended up. I just hope it rings a bell with some rural farmer that late one night, a whole week ago, they woke up to the dogs barking and some loud exhaust but then it faded and he went back to sleep. Gosh, I hope the LE has more to go on than this.

Sorry, I should have been more clear.

I think they do too, just not releasing it yet obviously.

I just mean I think that the public/locals will be able to ID by that description and it'll get people talking b/c they'll know who it is and hopefully that'll help get the house ID'd also and/or people saying more b/c whomever the owner of that car now will no longer be a secret.

(Long day...I know what I'm trying to say but don't think I am doing so very well. LOL)

From your link:

So, who "may have observed" her there? This is very confusing.

I wonder if there could have been another person involved (in the car maybe?) at some point or something who is maybe semi-working with LE or something?

Maybe a non-local or someone who was under the influence of something who doesn't know the area or can't remember b/c they were so UI of whatever and so aren't really that much help? :thinking:

Probably a crazy thought. LOL

You would think that Law Enforcement would be aware of neighborhoods and home colors from their routine drives through the town. I'm also hoping locals are calling in like crazy...

I wonder if it could possibly be more like a little hunting cottage or shack than a house?

And sort of 'buried' in foliage so not something people would truly have cause to notice because it's not 'on the way' anywhere?

I think what LE is seeking is very targeted information. Perhaps they have something from Laura's computer to guide them? I don't know. But this is not information being asked of the public at large (even though its being put out there to everyone)...but rather from more specific people, such as locals...or friends of the person driving that car.

It always perplexes me how LE expects the public to help without understanding the story. The story makes the case.

[snipped]

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

• Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
  • Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • ***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Agree 100%

And this from article further confirms it for me:

Based on information developed to date, investigators do not believe there is an ongoing risk to public safety.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I can't understand if she was abducted FROM the Holiday station? OR was she dropped off at the Holiday station by the Geo Prism?

Anyone else getting a human trafficking vibe from this case?

Hi back at you! I will have to check that out. It is the first time I have heard about that..

Man, this case is heartbreaking. They sound pessimistic to me.

So it was a little exciting tonight. My dad decided he was going to go out for a drive. I gave him 2 addresses of blue houses that I found west of Alexandria. He obviously didn't look the addresses up before leaving and couldn't find them. But decided to just drive around for a bit anyways. So he comes upon this little minimum maintenance type road that goes down a long way and there is a farm site at the end of it. The owner is known to be a crabby man and has no trespassing and hunting signs everywhere, like he owns the actual public road. So my dad gets as far as a "STOP: RESTRICTED AREA - DISEASE CONTROL AREA" sign (wth?!) and decides to finally turn around (before getting up to the buildings). As he's backing up, he looks over and sees a little concrete boy sitting right there, on the top of a fence post. Blue jacket, not a red hat.
attachment.php

He leaves and calls me. Tells me he feels he should probably call the tip line and just let them know. I told him he should, just in case. He calls and the investigator said they'd send someone out before it gets dark.
In the meantime... I get on Bing Maps street view (which is awesome by the way) and that little Bing car drove all the way up his property (even with the old man eyeing him down!) this summer. And what do I see at the end of the driveway? A big blue barn. But you may not be able to tell it's a barn if your lights hit it going up the hill.
attachment.php

It was then I decided to go for a little drive with my 7 year old son to see if they really did send someone out. And yes, I met a deputy coming back on the way out. We were too chicken to go all the way up - as far as my dad did. But it's definitely a place that no-one would have known about the little concrete boy and a blue building.

No idea if it will be checked out tomorrow or not...

Attachments

• barn.jpg
    barn.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 597
  • boy.jpg
    boy.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 611
So it was a little exciting tonight. My dad decided he was going to go out for a drive. I gave him 2 addresses of blue houses that I found west of Alexandria. He obviously didn't look the addresses up before leaving and couldn't find them. But decided to just drive around for a bit anyways. So he comes upon this little minimum maintenance type road that goes down a long way and there is a farm site at the end of it. The owner is known to be a crabby man and has no trespassing and hunting signs everywhere, like he owns the actual public road. So my dad gets as far as a "STOP: RESTRICTED AREA - DISEASE CONTROL AREA" sign (wth?!) and decides to finally turn around (before getting up to the buildings). As he's backing up, he looks over and sees a little concrete boy sitting right there, on the top of a fence post. Blue jacket, not a red hat.
attachment.php

He leaves and calls me. Tells me he feels he should probably call the tip line and just let them know. I told him he should, just in case. He calls and the investigator said they'd send someone out before it gets dark.
In the meantime... I get on Bing Maps street view (which is awesome by the way) and that little Bing car drove all the way up his property (even with the old man eyeing him down!) this summer. And what do I see at the end of the driveway? A big blue barn. But you may not be able to tell it's a barn if your lights hit it going up the hill.
attachment.php

It was then I decided to go for a little drive with my 7 year old son to see if they really did send someone out. And yes, I met a deputy coming back on the way out. We were too chicken to go all the way up - as far as my dad did. But it's definitely a place that no-one would have known about the little concrete boy and a blue building.

No idea if it will be checked out tomorrow or not...
Wow! Great sleuthing Peanut and your dad :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double
Back