GUILTY MN - Laura Schwendemann, 18, Kensington, 14 Oct 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So it was a little exciting tonight. My dad decided he was going to go out for a drive. I gave him 2 addresses of blue houses that I found west of Alexandria. He obviously didn't look the addresses up before leaving and couldn't find them. But decided to just drive around for a bit anyways. So he comes upon this little minimum maintenance type road that goes down a long way and there is a farm site at the end of it. The owner is known to be a crabby man and has no trespassing and hunting signs everywhere, like he owns the actual public road. So my dad gets as far as a "STOP: RESTRICTED AREA - DISEASE CONTROL AREA" sign (wth?!) and decides to finally turn around (before getting up to the buildings). As he's backing up, he looks over and sees a little concrete boy sitting right there, on the top of a fence post. Blue jacket, not a red hat.
attachment.php

He leaves and calls me. Tells me he feels he should probably call the tip line and just let them know. I told him he should, just in case. He calls and the investigator said they'd send someone out before it gets dark.
In the meantime... I get on Bing Maps street view (which is awesome by the way) and that little Bing car drove all the way up his property (even with the old man eyeing him down!) this summer. And what do I see at the end of the driveway? A big blue barn. But you may not be able to tell it's a barn if your lights hit it going up the hill.
attachment.php

It was then I decided to go for a little drive with my 7 year old son to see if they really did send someone out. And yes, I met a deputy coming back on the way out. We were too chicken to go all the way up - as far as my dad did. But it's definitely a place that no-one would have known about the little concrete boy and a blue building.

No idea if it will be checked out tomorrow or not...
Wow Peanut411. This gave me the chills

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That hat looks brownish, but could absolutely be mistaken for red. I think your on to something.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Awesome job Peanut411. :)

I was curious about the disease control area thing - according to some MN government websites you have to apply to have your property designated as such and it's either with regards to infected shade trees or John's Disease in dairy herds. But you can also buy the sign pretty much anywhere online, so maybe it's a "beware of dog" when there's not really a dog.. situation.

So it was a little exciting tonight. My dad decided he was going to go out for a drive. I gave him 2 addresses of blue houses that I found west of Alexandria. He obviously didn't look the addresses up before leaving and couldn't find them. But decided to just drive around for a bit anyways. So he comes upon this little minimum maintenance type road that goes down a long way and there is a farm site at the end of it. The owner is known to be a crabby man and has no trespassing and hunting signs everywhere, like he owns the actual public road. So my dad gets as far as a "STOP: RESTRICTED AREA - DISEASE CONTROL AREA" sign (wth?!) and decides to finally turn around (before getting up to the buildings). As he's backing up, he looks over and sees a little concrete boy sitting right there, on the top of a fence post. Blue jacket, not a red hat.
attachment.php

He leaves and calls me. Tells me he feels he should probably call the tip line and just let them know. I told him he should, just in case. He calls and the investigator said they'd send someone out before it gets dark.
In the meantime... I get on Bing Maps street view (which is awesome by the way) and that little Bing car drove all the way up his property (even with the old man eyeing him down!) this summer. And what do I see at the end of the driveway? A big blue barn. But you may not be able to tell it's a barn if your lights hit it going up the hill.
attachment.php

It was then I decided to go for a little drive with my 7 year old son to see if they really did send someone out. And yes, I met a deputy coming back on the way out. We were too chicken to go all the way up - as far as my dad did. But it's definitely a place that no-one would have known about the little concrete boy and a blue building.

No idea if it will be checked out tomorrow or not...

WOW Peanut411!!! Amazing stuff. I hope it helps find LS. Thanks for the pics.

FYI the disease control area signs most likely have to do with a poultry farm, and the outbreak of Avian flu. I live by one in PA and we have the same sign.
Wonder if she knows anybody who may work at a poultry farm? If so the LE should check it out...
JMO

More than 110 firefighters, first responders and law enforcement students and officers searched a wide, rural area southeast of Forada Friday afternoon, looking for any clues to find an 18-year-old Starbuck woman who has been missing for nine days.

Walking just a few feet apart, they crossed over a stream and trudged through wet, muddy fields, searching for anything unusual.

The ground search for Laura Ann Schwendemann was expected to last until nightfall and, if nothing was found, continue on Saturday. The search area encompasses roughly a two-mile area,
said Douglas County Sheriff Troy Wolbersen.

Authorities decided to conduct the search based on new information they received in the case. At this point, authorities are not asking for volunteers to join the search.

Lots of locals commenting they want to help as soon as LE is willing to take civilian volunteers.

There is video on that page though my computer doesn't like it so I can't comment on what it's of!

http://www.echopress.com/news/3865764-update-friday-ground-search-conducted-missing-teen-wvideo

Still thinking of Laura. I've been busy all day and this is my first chance to check in. Praying for some clue...

If they have the driver of that car they should be able to get a warrant for cell records and find out where they had been. Or a warrant to search the car? It seems odd that LE isn't saying anything about a person of interest. I think possibly drinking drugs involved and domestic situation?

If they have the driver of that car they should be able to get a warrant for cell records and find out where they had been. Or a warrant to search the car? It seems odd that LE isn't saying anything about a person of interest. I think possibly drinking drugs involved and domestic situation?

It makes me wonder if surveillance video at the gas station showed the car but were not able to get the license plate number or the plates were stolen and unable to track the plates. The attendant working could have mentioned the loud exhaust.

But I am leaning towards police knowing who owns the vehicle and just need witnesses saying where the car was seen, what were they doing, who were they with, was Laura present at this location and then not at the next location. IMO if all witnesses were drug involved, all may stay hush hush.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Investigators Questioning Person Seen with Missing U of M Morris Student

http://kstp.com/news/stories/s3944807.shtml?cat=1
Swendemann was seen with the male subject at the Holiday Gas Station on 50th Avenue in Alexandria on Oct. 14. Investigators said they believe the two traveled to unknown locations throughout southern Douglas County and northern Pope County that night and the morning of Thursday, Oct. 15

But they don't believe she left voluntarily.....

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

So they don't believe that she was in this car voluntarily, but she was in the car throughout the night driving about until the morning. Seems odd.
I think she must have knew this person before hand, perhaps they were dating or texting and this was them hanging out.
I do think there's a picture of this blue house and gnome type thing somewhere, snap chat could be a really good idea there!!

Do you think that is a hole or a reflection?

Do you think that is a hole or a reflection?

Good point, human. My brain immediately jumped to hole, but it is hard to tell. I edited my post above to reflect that question.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double
Back