GUILTY MN - Laura Schwendemann, 18, Kensington, 14 Oct 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So they don't believe that she was in this car voluntarily, but she was in the car throughout the night driving about until the morning. Seems odd.
I think she must have knew this person before hand, perhaps they were dating or texting and this was them hanging out.
I do think there's a picture of this blue house and gnome type thing somewhere, snap chat could be a really good idea there!!

This definitely says she knew him:

According to authorities, Schwendemann was last seen at the Holiday Gas Station on 50th Avenue in Alexandria at 9:29 p.m. on October 14 with a male subject known to her.

<snip>

Investigators believe that they traveled by a blue house with a statue of a boy, approximately three feet tall, with blue clothing and a red hat, near the end of the driveway somewhere in these rural areas.

The male subject who was with Schwendemann has been identified and investigators have been speaking with him.

I still wonder if there was a third party involved at some point, somehow, and that's the source of the blue house/statue thing?

Or if the suspect was the source of the (presumably inadvertently unless it was for bragging purposes) snapchat or image that seems to be the source of the blue house/statue?

They've not mentioned her having her phone and being able to track it at all or last use.

I wish they'd say definitively one way or another in MSM if she had it with or not (though I suspect there's a reason they haven't) but I think it would narrow things down if we knew if the rumors regarding if she did/didn't were confirmed one way or another.

http://www.echopress.com/news/3868221-update-saturday-missing-teen-left-man-she-knew

This definitely says she knew him:

I still wonder if there was a third party involved at some point, somehow, and that's the source of the blue house/statue thing?

Or if the suspect was the source of the (presumably inadvertently unless it was for bragging purposes) snapchat or image that seems to be the source of the blue house/statue?

They've not mentioned her having her phone and being able to track it at all or last use.

I wish they'd say definitively one way or another in MSM if she had it with or not (though I suspect there's a reason they haven't) but I think it would narrow things down if we knew if the rumors regarding if she did/didn't were confirmed one way or another.

http://www.echopress.com/news/3868221-update-saturday-missing-teen-left-man-she-knew

Is it possible that the person/s she was with uploaded a pic onto SM or snapchat?
Idk. This is definitely a strange puzzle.

Do you think that is a hole or a reflection?
If it is a reflection, it is the shape of a water tower. I'm thinking the car has been impounded and the reflection is not going to matter anyway tho.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

So they don't believe that she was in this car voluntarily, but she was in the car throughout the night driving about until the morning. Seems odd.
I think she must have knew this person before hand, perhaps they were dating or texting and this was them hanging out.
I do think there's a picture of this blue house and gnome type thing somewhere, snap chat could be a really good idea there!!
It sounds like they know for sure the statue is a boy per the latest press release: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1590615417881329&substory_index=0&id=1379730065636533

The blue residence with the statue at the end of the driveway must be of some significance to the case for the police to keep mentioning it. I wonder what made them think she didn't leave voluntarily? I also wonder if this guy was a jealous/possessive ex or a boyfriend? So many questions yet no answers. But the police have said that he was known to her so it obviously wasn't a random abduction.

I must say though, it doesn't sound good :(

There also seems to be quite a lot of damage to that car. I wonder if it was in that condition before she disappeared?

It sounds like they know for sure the statue is a boy per the latest press release: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1590615417881329&substory_index=0&id=1379730065636533

Which means Peanut and his/father very likely correctly ID'd the correct blue house - as that's clearly a little boy statue.

Can there really be TWO blue houses with little boy (wearing blue clothes with a hat) statues in a very limited area?

Seems really unlikely that's not the house in question...

I deleted my prior (idiotic) post, as, it was completely irrelevant to TC MN's post.

LS did mention a boy's name in some of her twitter posts. I wonder if this person is involved in any way.

We are getting this story in bits and pieces. Every day we learn a little bit more.

Not sure what to make of this car? Its in rough shape.

I am finding this case very confusing. Does anybody know why they were searching a specific 2-mile area?

http://www.inforum.com/news/3868168-ground-search-conducted-near-alexandria-missing-18-year-old
More than 100 firefighters, first responders and law enforcement students and officers searched a wide, rural area southeast of Forada on Friday and Saturday, looking for any clues to find an 18-year-old Starbuck woman who has been missing for nine days.

Maybe the car was seen/heard there?

Or since they know who the car belongs to/the guy is, maybe pings from his phone showing him in that area for a length of time?

I'm thinking he told LE that her dropped her off at the end of the driveway and he remembers a statue........

IMO

I'm still around hoping this young lady is found. Still baffled by the circumstances of her going missing.

My heart is sinking for Laura.

I can only imagine what her family and friends are thinking after seeing that car. :(

wow, nice work Peanut and team.

It was mentioned before, but the willingly/not willingly screams some sort of human trafficking to me (please forgive the indelicacy to family/friends). I wonder under her instagram/fb/twitter names if there was anything within backpage/craigslist. Maybe the prizim driver brought her up to dance, party (hence if anyone 'observed' her at some point). Having gone ice fishing in these areas, there are private parties that happen (so I hear).

Praying for her safety and family.

Aside from Craigslist and Backpage, there are now several instant dating apps linked to cell phones. There are numerous apps such as OKCupid and Tinder. Settings are very specific and direct users to people within close distance who seek the same things, while at the same time screening out other users.

These numerous new dating apps make it easy for people with less desirable social behaviors, including predators with grooming behaviors, to blend in. The technological screening allows for two dating sites in one; the nice one, seen by nice people, and the shadow one. It would be very easy for an impressionable young person to be influenced by the wrong people in these subcultures that come complete with their own coded methods of communication.

Last night I cruised Craigslist Minneapolis for research purposes. I noticed a post in Casual Encounters requesting responses from
younger, tiny, college girls. It was very specific. These posts wave red flags. Now, while there are very alarming posts on Craigslist, for example, these things can be difficult to trace. There are many reasons. People don't always use a real photo on their profiles, or post any photo at all. If the internet is tied to a disappearance, and second or third parties are involved, arrangements made in advance may not be traceable to the missing at all, due to the arrangements being made by another party.

Locally, organizations like ICE and Home Sec. work human trafficking. I am sure that they cover Craigslist and other such sites, and catalog and keep track of users with red flag behavior, while compiling information about them. They have confidential informants who provide them with information as well.

Aside from Craigslist and Backpage, there are now several instant dating apps linked to cell phones. There are numerous apps such as OKCupid and Tinder. Settings are very specific and direct users to people within close distance who seek the same things, while at the same time screening out other users.

These numerous new dating apps make it easy for people with less desirable social behaviors, including predators with grooming behaviors, to blend in. The technological screening allows for two dating sites in one; the nice one, seen by nice people, and the shadow one. It would be very easy for an impressionable young person to be influenced by the wrong people in these subcultures that come complete with their own coded methods of communication.

Welcome Yoda1-4me :) Thanks for the great info! I knew these types of apps/websites existed, but there are so many I've never heard of and I have no clue how they work. I can definitely see how quickly a young/naive/impressionable girl could get into trouble.

There also seems to be quite a lot of damage to that car. I wonder if it was in that condition before she disappeared?

I do think it was really that crappy before anything happened. A gal said she was passed often on a road near Kensington by that vehicle and she even knew a part of the card had a different colored side panel/bumper or something. Meaning it's always looked like that.

Welcome Yoda1-4me :) Thanks for the great info! I knew these types of apps/websites existed, but there are so many I've never heard of and I have no clue how they work. I can definitely see how quickly a young/naive/impressionable girl could get into trouble.

Crazy isn't it? And it's regular/mainstream to use them at this point. I think that when people meet online they chat a bit and get a false sense of security about a person and let their guard down. Tindr though I think people hook up right away. That stuff worries me. Glad when I was a late teen I didn't have the internet, I know that no good would have come of that!
Not saying this is what happened here, just that it seems she met this person somehow, pure speculation of possibilities by me!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellyKim
Back