Found Deceased MN - Madeline Jane Kingsbury, 26, mother of 2, Winona, 31 Mar 2023 *arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lots of "I cannot comment on that. That is a charging decision."

Discovered in a wooded area off of a gravel road.

The Fravel property is within the same area of where body found. Within several minutes of location.

Investigator following up on a tip, related to electronic evidence. Checked area, and located body.

I understand why they are keeping things close to their chest.. but at this point, it's been more than 60 days.. They do have additional information. They now have her body. They have the suspect. I don't completely understand the need for the no comments.. Especially about some of these questions.

What is next? "We have to continue to follow up on all of the evidence that has been collected to date as well as collected yesterday. We must wait for medical examiner office statements/evidence."

Is delay of ME leading to delay in charging? "That falls under charging. Not prepared to speak to that"

Still an active and ongoing investigation.

I understand why they are keeping things close to their chest.. but at this point, it's been more than 60 days.. They do have additional information. They now have her body. They have the suspect. I don't completely understand the need for the no comments.. Especially about some of these questions.
In Minnesota, much criminal investigative data is confidential or protected nonpublic while the investigation is active. There are a few exceptions to this, but not many. (See subd. 7 of the statue linked.) The questions answered during the press conference fit the exceptions.
The investigation will likely remain in active status until the trial or conviction.

MOO: I'm wondering if they also might be preparing to present evidence to a Grand Jury to help determine which charges or what level of charges to bring forward. For example, premeditation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hurt911official
Back