Found Deceased MN - Madeline Jane Kingsbury, 26, mother of 2, Winona, 31 Mar 2023 *arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
P. 3.

He seemed perfectly comfortable being the keeper of her mouth. Unbelievably controlling, callous, cold. "Then mind."

She was trying so hard to break free.... all the while he was trying to break her. And then he did.

jmo
When I read those text messages regarding AF placing his hands around Maddi's neck in the probable cause document, I thought of AF treating Maddi as "his slave"

Who the hell says “You’ll adjust” or "Then Mind" to someone?

JMO

I'm sorry that I apparently missed this, so TIA. Is MK's mother deceased? The prosecutor said that the children will remain in the custody of MK's father.
No, her mother is alive, Deanna Naber.
I'm sorry that I apparently missed this, so TIA. Is MK's mother deceased? The prosecutor said that the children will remain in the custody of MK's father.

According to the probable cause statement, Maddi's body was found in a culvert adjoining the gravel road. No mention of being covered with brush.

While searching the property the deputy located human remains in a culvert adjoining the gravel road. The remains had been wrapped in what appeared to be a grey fitted bed sheet that had been closed with black “Gorilla” tape.

Pagew 5 of the doc.
Interesting... that has to be for concealment purposes rather than as part of COD, no? You can't suffocate just because of a sheet over your head... unless someone helped you along by covering mouth and nose. <modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
When I read those text messages regarding AF placing his hands around Maddi's neck in the probable cause document, I thought of AF treating Maddi as "his slave"

Who the hell says “You’ll adjust” or "Then Mind" to someone?

JMO
He sure had a huge opinion of himself...never worked, acted like he was big me / little you. Treated her like dirt... MOO

I can’t imagine how incredibly frustrated and infuriated Maddi’s friends and family must be, especially now that we know all of these details about events and details prior to March 31st.

After reading and re-reading the PCA, I have to say I am impressed with the speed of the reaction and reporting by Madeline’s friends and family members. Unfortunately it was likely because they feared AF was capable of terrible things, but they acted quickly and without pause to make sure justice (eventually) would come for their loved one. And LE too- they investigated the initial reports very quickly and seemed to take it seriously from the beginning, at least from the sounds of the document.

TRANSCRIPTION OF INTERVIEW WITH MADDI'S FRIEND

REPORTER
- It's been two days since Madeline's remains were found in North of Mabel Minnesota. Many are now grieving, but I had the chance to speak today with one of Madeline's closest friends Katie Kolka. She tells me she's furious. Katie Kolka is the friend that called the police department the morning Madeline went missing to report she was concerned for Madeline's safety. Kolko says she's relieved they are getting more answers, but has never been more furious than after reading the criminal complaint. There isn't too much she can share with us right now, as she doesn't want to jeopardise the integrity of the investigation.

FRIEND - All I can say is it's not out of character for him. His family asked us to quiet down from the get go because it was a family matter. So when Friday rolled around, it was past supper time and her sister Megan reached out saying 'I haven't heard from Maddie, have you?' and I didn't hesitate. I stood up. I put my boots on and I looked at my husband and I'm like 'I knew it'.

Kolka says she plans to testify against Adam Flavel when the time comes.

TRANSCRIPTION OF INTERVIEW WITH MADDI'S FRIEND

REPORTER
- It's been two days since Madeline's remains were found in North of Mabel Minnesota. Many are now grieving, but I had the chance to speak today with one of Madeline's closest friends Katie Kolka. She tells me she's furious. Katie Kolka is the friend that called the police department the morning Madeline went missing to report she was concerned for Madeline's safety. Kolko says she's relieved they are getting more answers, but has never been more furious than after reading the criminal complaint. There isn't too much she can share with us right now, as she doesn't want to jeopardize the integrity of the investigation.

FRIEND - All I can say is it's not out of character for him. His family asked us to quiet down from the get go because it was a family matter. So when Friday rolled around, it was past supper time and her sister Megan reached out saying 'I haven't heard from Maddie, have you?' and I didn't hesitate. I stood up. I put my boots on and I looked at my husband and I'm like 'I knew it'.

Kolka says she plans to testify against Adam Flavel when the time comes.
Bbm
Good for her !
And, even if the family of the accused said to 'be quiet', they were just worried for their friend -- as good friends should be !
Smh.
Thanks to their persistence and that of LE, Madeline's case stayed very active.
M00.

JUN 9, 2023
  • Fravel is being held on two counts of second-degree murder, but authorities say more charges could be in the works.
  • ... his bail was set at a million dollars.
  • His next court appearance is set for July 20.
  • A judge set Fravel’s bail Friday at $2 million without conditions and $1 million with conditions.

JUN 9, 2023
[...]

"In order to charge first degree murder, a prosecutor must present the case before a grand jury and the grand jury determines if there is probable cause to support an indictment for first degree murder," she said.

Sonneman went on to say, "Because this case remains an active and ongoing investigation, we may seek additional charges in the future."

She later explained that one of the charges dealt with intentional murder and the other unintentional murder.

Again, she said, based on the fact that they can't bring first degree murder charges against Fravel, "We can charge those two and based on the evidence that we felt we could prove, with certainty from our perspective, beyond a reasonable doubt, those are the most serious charges that we can charge now. The difference between those is that the individual's conduct was intentional to cause the death of a person. The other is that they're actions unintentionally caused the death of a person."

[...]

JUN 9, 2023
[...]

"In order to charge first degree murder, a prosecutor must present the case before a grand jury and the grand jury determines if there is probable cause to support an indictment for first degree murder," she said.

Sonneman went on to say, "Because this case remains an active and ongoing investigation, we may seek additional charges in the future."

She later explained that one of the charges dealt with intentional murder and the other unintentional murder.

Again, she said, based on the fact that they can't bring first degree murder charges against Fravel, "We can charge those two and based on the evidence that we felt we could prove, with certainty from our perspective, beyond a reasonable doubt, those are the most serious charges that we can charge now. The difference between those is that the individual's conduct was intentional to cause the death of a person. The other is that they're actions unintentionally caused the death of a person."

[...]
I wonder if they can present Maddi's murder as the result of an escalation of DV.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benjysmom
Back