MN MN - Peter Achermann, 82, Staples, 24 July 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There has been no new news about Peter, according to his daughter.

We met her today during the search for Lindsey Baum. She came down from Bellingham (3 hours north) with her quad and searched for hours.

I just wanted to say...she is such a sweetheart and a wonderful lady. She broke my heart, and I hope she got some comfort being there today and talking about her dad.

I believe that Amber DuBois's aunt is going to help her with a myspace page to get his picture out, and KaraK is going to do a blog for him.

It was a pleasure to meet her.

There is nothing new yet that we are aware of. Cass County Sheriff's department continues to follow up on leads, tips, investigate, and helping to search. Locals are also continuing to search. We are still hoping that the right lead or tip comes in to LE to help guide us on where to search and bring Peter home.

We all just feel so helpless at this point. But we will not give up. We will search until we bring him home.

Thanks to all who have given us some great ideas to help and all your support.

NORRAD - just wanted to let you know people out here are thinking about you and your dad. I can't imagine what the family is going through right now but hopefully knowing you have support and are continually in people's thoughts and prayers helps just a little.

Attachments

• The road car found on.jpg
    The road car found on.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 30
The pain of the unknown whereabouts of a missing Staples man hits home for several families in this area.

Peter Achermann, 82, disappeared July 24.

Achermann farmed in rural Osakis in the 1950s and later moved to Millerville. He and his wife, Delaine, remained in contact with friends and family in Osakis

A very good article at this site:

http://www.echopress.com/event/tag/tag/peter achermann/

Most annoying: I read the whole article and now it wants me to register to read it - yikes - I will leave this here and it was a good article - have not run across a registration process for a news site for quite some time. I must have caught the article originally just as it was posted and not locked down. Eleph

ETA2: I am still trying to get at the material via the link and now it is freezing my computer-don't try the link ...grrrr. It wants me to buy a subscription now ..... not.

http://www.brainerddispatch.com/stories/091709/new_20090917003.shtml

17 Sept 09

For more than a month, Denny Adams and his bloodhounds, Molly and Dru, have been scouring the rural Leader area in southern Cass County searching for Peter Achermann of rural Leader.

To have found no trace of the 82-year-old man, who has been missing since July 24, is a little disconcerting for Adams, who has spent 29 years helping families search for lost loved ones with his Dakota Territory Search Dogs.

much more at link

http://www.brainerddispatch.com/stories/091709/new_20090917003.shtml

17 Sept 09

For more than a month, Denny Adams and his bloodhounds, Molly and Dru, have been scouring the rural Leader area in southern Cass County searching for Peter Achermann of rural Leader.

To have found no trace of the 82-year-old man, who has been missing since July 24, is a little disconcerting for Adams, who has spent 29 years helping families search for lost loved ones with his Dakota Territory Search Dogs.

much more at link

Any news about Peter? Hard to believe he's been missing almost two months now.

Published in the local papers the week of September 20

Letter to the Editor

Calling on all Hunters
We need your help. An 82 year old member of our community, Peter Achermann, went missing north of Motley on July 24th. He regularly shopped and participated in activities in Motley, Staples, Pillager, Brainerd, Pine River and Pequot Lakes. As you traverse the woods in search of game, please be very cognizant of your surroundings. Look for anything out of the ordinary. Peter was wearing a red, white, and blue floppy beret type hat, a brown patterned shirt and khaki colored pants. He walked with a diamond willow wooden cane. The Cass County Sheriff’s department continues to search, investigate this strange disappearance and follow leads and tips along with volunteers and family. Many thanks go out to the Sheriff’s department and their dedicated deputies and investigators who continue to help to try to bring Peter home to his family. A special thanks to Denny Adams from Dakota Territories Search and Rescue and his dogs, Molly and Dru, who continue to search. Now we call on the hunters and land owners anywhere within 30 or more miles of Motley. Your awareness in the woods could be the hope, tip, or lead that Cass County, the family, and volunteers are looking for right now. You know your land or hunting area best. You know if anything is different. Your eyes can make the difference in helping the family find their husband, father and grandfather. Hunting clubs, please let your members know about this. Please call 911 or the Cass County Sheriff’s department at 218-547-1424 or 800-450-2677 with anything you think might be a lead.

Hi Norrad,

I got so excited when I saw new info posted - I thought Peter had been found. Thank you for the update and please let us hope that Peter is found soon. What a kind hearted handsome gentleman he is. My thoughts and prayers to Peter, Peter's family and friends - may he be found soon.
There isn't a danged thing to sleuth either Norrad - I am at a loss other than to send thoughts and hope that he is found soon.

Eleph

The website looks great. I love the picture you choose to put up of Peter. I love his jaunty little beret and his beard. He has a very interesting look about him.

His car was found 10miles from his home. Was his car found anywhere near the route he would have normally taken?

Norrad,

If you are reading, please tell me they are keeping a close eye to any bank accounts that Peter had access to. Also other than the hunters being asked to keep a close eye are there any organized searches for Peter?

The website looks great. I love the picture you choose to put up of Peter. I love his jaunty little beret and his beard. He has a very interesting look about him.

His car was found 10miles from his home. Was his car found anywhere near the route he would have normally taken?

Near but not on. His car was found abandoned on a minimum maintenance logging road about 1 mile off the end of the nearest road. It was about 3 miles from his normal path home.

Norrad,

If you are reading, please tell me they are keeping a close eye to any bank accounts that Peter had access to. Also other than the hunters being asked to keep a close eye are there any organized searches for Peter?

Yes. They are watching. No activity. There are currently no organized searches.

Bumping Peter off the second page.

Norrad - do you guys have a working theory as to what happened to him. He doesn't seem like a man who would have any enemies. I am wondering if robbery could have been the motive. Someone targeted him because of his age. Was he known to carry large amounts of cash with him? There seems to be a preconceived notion that elderly people carry lots of money on them.

Just out of curiousity, do you know if he was a WWII vet?

Norrad--

Hunting season is almost upon us. Please make sure that every bar, gas station, convenience store, DNR office/tagging station, hunting supply store, etc. in the vicinity has "missing" posters of Peter posted, even "Hunters, please keep your eyes open for..." posters.

Hoppy

FYI, this is from the helpfindpeter.com website:

"A benefit event is being planned for October 24th at the Bear’s Den in Leader [MN] to raise funds to be used to pay for the expenses of the continuing search."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back