MN MN - Peter Achermann, 82, Staples, 24 July 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping Peter off the second page.

Norrad - do you guys have a working theory as to what happened to him. He doesn't seem like a man who would have any enemies. I am wondering if robbery could have been the motive. Someone targeted him because of his age. Was he known to carry large amounts of cash with him? There seems to be a preconceived notion that elderly people carry lots of money on them.

Just out of curiousity, do you know if he was a WWII vet?

We have frequently heard the preconceived notion that he had a lot of money. He didn't. I don't know about the WWII vet, but I don't think so.

Norrad--

Hunting season is almost upon us. Please make sure that every bar, gas station, convenience store, DNR office/tagging station, hunting supply store, etc. in the vicinity has "missing" posters of Peter posted, even "Hunters, please keep your eyes open for..." posters.

Hoppy

We just printed new posters to put out all around the hunting hangouts and on all the roads going out 10 miles +.

Here is a copy of the new poster. It is 11x17.

Thanks again to all of you for your help and concern.

Norrad

Attachments

• ACHERMANN POSTER_Bang.jpg
    ACHERMANN POSTER_Bang.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 10
  • achermann missing_edited-1.jpg
    achermann missing_edited-1.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 7
Prayers for Peter, his family, and all of you volunteers who are looking for him.

Hoppy

Bumping.

I guess there has been no news? I checked the website and didn't see anything.

Maybe an update after the benefit on Oct. 24., if he is not found before then?

I saw a new post and I thought for a second, oh they've found him!

But no, not found.
It is very much a mystery. I remember reading that dogs picked up a scent
headed back down the road. Peter walks with a cane and they could see the prints. But then the scent and footprints stopped.

Prayers for Peter and his whole family.

Monday, Oct 26, 2009

'If Dad's in heaven, I hope he can see what's going on'
FOR PETE'S SAKE | PETER ACHERMANN BENEFIT

By RENEE RICHARDSON
Senior Reporter

LEADER - Peter Achermann of rural Leader is still missing, but hundreds of people gathered Saturday to confirm he hasn't been forgotten.

The Achermann family hosted a benefit, "For Pete's Sake", at the Bear's Den in Leader Saturday. People packed the fundraiser, with parked vehicles stretching single file along nearby roads and in every conceivable spot nearby. Inside the Bear's Den, there were so many people gathered that moving between activities often meant walking in single file and watching for a traffic break.

[more at link with pictures]

http://www.brainerddispatch.com/stories/102609/new_20091026017.shtml

I saw a new post and I thought for a second, oh they've found him!

But no, not found.
It is very much a mystery. I remember reading that dogs picked up a scent
headed back down the road. Peter walks with a cane and they could see the prints. But then the scent and footprints stopped.

Prayers for Peter and his whole family.

I remember reading about the dogs but I guess I missed the part about them finding his prints. Interesting. If his prints were found you would think if someone was with him theirs would have been seen too unless they covered them up.
I am beginning to think maybe Pete had something like a stroke, became disoriented, made a wrong turn, wrecked his car, got out confused and wandered away. That still doesn't explain why his prints would stop suddenly though, does it.

Sort of O/T:
When I was 17yrs old an elderly man who was 83 had a heart-attack while driving which resulted in him flooring the accelerator. He had a stop sign while I had the ride away. I didn't see him coming at all and he just shot out into the intersection and I broadsided him. When I got to his car I thought I had killed him and as sad as the situation was I was very relieved to hear the autopsy showed he had a heart attack before being struck. I gave him CPR while waiting for the ambulance and he actually came to a little bit but not for long and I was holding his hand when he passed away. His son was nice and considerate enough to call me the next day and told me his dad's wife had passed away about 6 months prior and that his dad missed her very much so the family was looking at it like a blessing that they were together again.

Bumping for Peter. I guess there has been nothing significant found.

What the heck happened to him???

It's now November 18th. The deer hunting season is over in the area where Peter's car was found. Nothing.

We still have not found anything.

About a couple of previous posts, we have NOT found any foot prints or scent trails that we could attribute to Peter.

This entire situation remains a mystery.

It's now November 18th. The deer hunting season is over in the area where Peter's car was found. Nothing.

We still have not found anything.

About a couple of previous posts, we have NOT found any foot prints or scent trails that we could attribute to Peter.

This entire situation remains a mystery.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Norrad: Thanks for the update.
Everytime I see a post, I think Peter has been found.
No footprints? I could swear I read that, but
then I could have confused it with another case.
Sorry for that.

Prayers for Peter and all of the family.

URGENT !!

www.klaasKids.org/pg-truckerTV.htm

Marc Klaas and KlaasKids desperately needs help NOW from each and every Websleuther to support Trucker TV through America. This could be the single most important thing any of us can ever do for missing children.

Please take 3 minutes to read the above link, click the REPLY button, express your support or voice your concerns, click SEND.

Then forward the above link to your email contacts, everyone, everywhere, so they can do the same.

www.klaasKids.org/pg-truckerTV.htm

Norrad:
I know there have been extensive searches, even help from the National Guard.
I also read that the terrain there is swampy, brushy, dense, wooded, very hard to
see anything or get through the area.

In looking at when he went missing,
did he pick someone up after the bridge?
Maybe someone he knew who needed a ride?
or
since he made all kinds of 'wrong' turns
once he left the store, maybe
he did have a medical problem, perhaps
a stroke or mini stroke?
And after the truck got bogged down, he just
decided to get out and walk?
Of course, then you would think you would
have found him by now; since he used the cane and if
he had a medical problem, he would not have gotten far.

But then if someone hijacked him for his car or his money,
then that someone would have to be able to hike out of
that remote area.
Were there any signs of other vehicles? Or was it too muddy to tell?
Did the dogs find any scent/sign of Peter outside the truck?
Does anyone live nearby?
How far do you think Peter could walk, if he had to?

Was there anyone, even remotely, that Peter used to comment on in a negative way?
such as, that kid at the grocery store can't count the change right.
or
I told the owner that his canned fruit was expired.
or
that gas is full of water.

I don't know, something like that.

What do you think happened to Peter?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members