MO - 1-month-old girl dies when mother, Mariah Thomas, allegedly places her in oven instead of crib, mom charged - Kansas City, 9 Feb 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for correcting me. My point still stands, she is very childlike - maybe the media will reveal more details. IMO, Mariah doesn't seem to function like a 25 year old woman.
I’m not on Facebook so I could only see a few pictures of her that came up, but I noticed that immediately. Just a very immature look to the face, which I recognize from being around special needs kids and adults for decades, because of my son. Just an observation, MOO

New (to me) mugshot, and a news article with a few more details.
Still haven’t heard about a press conference @sunflowermomma

IMG_0906.jpeg

New details in article below:

Someone who claims to be Thomas’ friend told the Daily Mail that Thomas may have had mental health or cognitive challenges, which may have been a factor in the incident.

“Mariah had mental issues from what I know and didn’t have the mindset of an adult, she thought like a child,” the unnamed friend told the DailyMail.

Someone who claims to be Thomas’ friend told the Daily Mail that Thomas may have had mental health or cognitive challenges, which may have been a factor in the incident.

“Mariah had mental issues from what I know and didn’t have the mindset of an adult, she thought like a child,” the unnamed friend told the DailyMail.
Thanks for that. That quote is very telling, and in the mugshot I posted she certainly appears childlike. She may have had issues that weren’t ever properly addressed, and certainly needed assistance and supervision with this baby. Horrible situation that should have been avoided.

I wish I didn't read about this sweet little baby girl. IMHO, if her mom really did have mental health issues, she probably should have not been left alone with the baby.
Otherwise, I see no reason to mistake an oven for a crib simply because you don't have to open a door to a crib like you do the oven.
Rest in peace sweet baby girl. Forever safe with Jesus and playing with all the other little angels gone too soon.

mariah thomas

Per Mariah's fb, she seems to have had regular ultrasounds throughout her pregnancy, and there are many posts expressing love and care for her daughter. MOO - I wish mothers in the fourth trimester had more support and aftercare. Postpartum issues are serious.

Per Mariah's fb, she seems to have had regular ultrasounds throughout her pregnancy, and there are many posts expressing love and care for her daughter. MOO - I wish mothers in the fourth trimester had more support and aftercare. Postpartum issues are serious.
Yes, it’s very upsetting because there apparently was genuine love, pride, and care on Mariah’s part.

I’m not on Facebook so I could only see a few pictures of her that came up, but I noticed that immediately. Just a very immature look to the face, which I recognize from being around special needs kids and adults for decades, because of my son. Just an observation, MOO
Her posts looked like the kinds of things that a teenager having their first exposure to social media might write.

p.s. Does anyone have any information about the baby's father? Does she even know who or where he is?

Thanks for that. That quote is very telling, and in the mugshot I posted she certainly appears childlike. She may have had issues that weren’t ever properly addressed, and certainly needed assistance and supervision with this baby. Horrible situation that should have been avoided.
According to her Facebook and a comment on a news story - Mariah was living with her Dad, not sure if her Mom lived there also, or if she has a Mom. No judgement, we have zero facts right now, but I'm assuming there was some supervision perhaps, but likely worked outside the home.

Last edited:

From the link in quote-

Za'Riah's grandfather told police he received a call from her mom at around 1pm on Friday in which she told him 'something was wrong with the baby and he needed to return home immediately'.

On returning home immediately began to smell smoke and found Za'Riah dead in her crib.

Thomas told him she had 'accidentally' put her in the oven, according to court filings.

Za'Riah was discovered by police in a car seat inside her home with 'apparent thermal injuries on various parts of a her body'.

So did Mariah take her out of the oven and put her in a carseat, then put the seat in a crib?

Thomas was transported to police headquarters for an interview where she invoked her fifth amendment right to remain silent.

But she consented to detectives obtaining a blood draw and accessing her phone data.

Thomas' social media presents her as a doting mom, who referred to her daughter as her 'princess'.

In one Facebook post she states her desire to be, 'the best mother I can be to my beautiful daughter.'

But in one haunting post made just weeks before the tragedy Thomas complained that nobody was looking out for her.

'Mfs claim they my friend by don't never check up on me or Za'Riah,' she wrote on January 20.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyMay
Back