GUILTY MO - Adriaunna Horton, 12, abducted & murdered, Golden City, 19 Aug 2013 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Looks like a really quaint little town. Loved the biker presence. Just cuz.

The bikers are from a group called BACA, Bikers Against Child Abuse. They are an international nonprofit organization with local chapters across the world. They usually go to court with and help protect children who are victims of abuse. Although they could not help protect this precious little girl, they are showing their support for her family. I'm glad they were there, too.

Adriaunna Horton Funeral Procession

500x299

The bikers are from a group called BACA, Bikers Against Child Abuse. They are an international nonprofit organization with local chapters across the world. They usually go to court with and help protect children who are victims of abuse. Although they could not help protect this precious little girl, they are showing their support for her family. I'm glad they were there, too.

Thank you. Yes, I knew this info, but it's super helpful that you provided this info. I neglected to do so. :/

Thank you. Yes, I knew this info, but it's super helpful that you provided this info. I neglected to do so. :/

Thank you for pointing out their presence. If you hadn't I probably wouldn't have posted about BACA. I wasn't sure if many people had heard of them or not and they are such a wonderful group. I don't run into too many people who are familiar with them. Good to meet someone who is :)

I just don't understand why our laws are so harsh on drug dealers, but so lenient on child molesters and rapists?? Where is the logic in that? Don't get me wrong, I know drug dealing is wrong but at least they aren't forcing people to get high, they're just giving them what they want. I'm sick of getting on here everyday and seeing some child missing, molested, raped, or killed. Something has to give.

What's baffling to me about this case is WHY he didn't care if he got caught.
He circled the park a few times, was seen by multiple witnesses-- who knew him.

Some part of his brain told him it was okay if he was seen, that it's okay if people know she is with him.... and he still raped and murdered her... all within a short time frame and then drove back to town.

It's crazy. He knew when he abducted her that he was going to get caught and it didn't matter to him.

I know there are a few others on here that are from Missouri so I thought I would let you know there is going to be a benefit for the Horton family on September 8th. Details are at the link below.

https://www.facebook.com/events/647532135264764/
Thank you I didnt know about this and at this point plan on attending. I passed this information on.

Some part of his brain told him it was okay if he was seen, that it's okay if people know she is with him.... and he still raped and murdered her... all within a short time frame and then drove back to town.

It's crazy. He knew when he abducted her that he was going to get caught and it didn't matter to him.
I still think he thought if he showed himself shortly afterwards they wouldn't think it was him. Like I said earlier kind of like see I'm still here it wasn't me or I would be hiding. I don't know though, obviously there is something very wrong with him. If, as I suspect, he went to school to be an LPN I'm thankful that I can't find a license for him. Someone like him in that capacity scares the %$#& out of me.

MOO

Much like Cherish Perrywinkle.
He was on video taking her out of the store... he left living witnesses.
He knew he was going to get caught but it was obviously worth it to him. :banghead:

Much like Cherish Perrywinkle.
He was on video taking her out of the store... he left living witnesses.
He knew he was going to get caught but it was obviously worth it to him. :banghead:

Hopefully, he will take the Ariel Castro way out. JMO

http://www.joplinglobe.com/topstori...r-for-benefit-for-family-of-slain-12-year-old
September 8, 2013
Hundreds gather for benefit for family of slain 12-year-old
By Susan Redden
news@joplinglobe.com

CARTHAGE, Mo. — Crowds gathered Sunday at the Steel Rooster east of Carthage to hear music, eat roast pork and bid on auction items — all to support the family of Adriaunna Horton, the 12-year-old Golden City girl who was kidnapped and killed last month.

ETA: I'm always surprised when there is money being raised for a child victim's funeral. Where I grew up there were not only funeral homes that donated a nice service and burial, but also florists and more that donate their services.

I was really wanting to get down to this benefit but was helping looking for a missing person in our area.

In the article, it says that money is being raised for a trust fund for Adriaunna's siblings. But it's not like Adriaunna was the breadwinner in their family. So I am kind of confused by that. I know it might be hard for the parents to go back to work right away, but that's true in all cases of murdered children, and I've never heard of a trust fund for the siblings before. Plus, isn't a trust fund money that you get when you turn a certain age, so it's not like it would be paying for living expenses at the moment.

https://www.facebook.com/joplinglobe
It came across my FB from the Joplin Globe page and stated that money being raised was to help with funeral expenses, a monument and setting up a trust fund for Adriaunna Horton’s three younger sisters.

February 8, 2014
Prosecutors seek death penalty for slaying of girl from Golden City

LAMAR, Mo. — The Barton County prosecutor intends to seek the death penalty for Bobby Bourne Jr., the accused killer of 12-year-old Adriaunna Horton.

The girl was abducted Aug. 19 from Hazel Park in Golden City. Her body was recovered two days later from a wooded area in nearby Dade County. An autopsy determined that she had been strangled and her body showed signs of sexual assault, according to a probable-cause affidavit.

Bourne, 34, of Lockwood, was ordered bound over for trial Jan. 14 in Barton County Circuit Court on charges of first-degree murder, kidnapping and statutory rape. Prosecutor Steven Kaderly subsequently filed a notice of intent to seek the death penalty, citing five statutory aggravating circumstances:

• The slaying of the girl was “outrageously vile, horrible or inhuman in that it involved torture or depravity of mind.”

• The murder took place in the course of a kidnapping of the girl.

• The murder took place in the course of a rape.

• The defendant has a prior conviction for assaulting a law enforcement officer in Cedar County.

• Bourne also has a prior felony conviction in Cedar County for resisting arrest.

More at link: http://www.joplinglobe.com/topstori...-penalty-for-slaying-of-girl-from-Golden-City

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiasco331989
Back