MO MO - Amanda Jones, 26, pregnant, Hillsboro, 14 Aug 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tranaice said:
Could it be possible that a couple really did call setting this up, with the purpose of taking Amanda for the baby? Stranger things have happened. Surely if someone did call this boyfriend, there will be a record of it in his phone records.

I pray she shows up safe and sound.

They are reporting that the father of the baby was not her boyfriend. It was a one-night stand type of thing. He hasn't been involved in the pregnancy at all. Very, very suspicious that he would call her out of the blue and ask to meet.

I too pray she shows up safe and sound. She's due any day now.

cami said:
They are reporting that the father of the baby was not her boyfriend. It was a one-night stand type of thing. He hasn't been involved in the pregnancy at all. Very, very suspicious that he would call her out of the blue and ask to meet.

I too pray she shows up safe and sound. She's due any day now.
I have a theory on why he called her out of the blue.
Hillsboro and Pevely are small towns.
People seem to know each other's business when they want to.
In one story, I remember reading that Amanda met him at the civic center at a Christmas party through a friend. yes, it was a one-night stand. Her mother called it a mistake. :(
But, Amanda was going to keep this baby.
Word probably got back to this guy that she was carrying his baby and he probably denied it was his. He probably has a girlfriend ... probably had one at the time. I am only theorizing here. (sort of like that Texas Cadet murder movie)
Word probably got back to the girlfriend and she was in tears wanting to break up with him. He tells her no, don't do that, I love you not her. She says then you make her get rid of that baby. So he calls Amanda out of the blue.
Amanda, the sweet and unsuspecting woman she is, is happy. She plans to keep this baby no matter what but does want to ask him if she the baby could have his last name (says that in a news story on one of these links).

The guy thinks maybe since he called her that morning that she has no time to tell anyone she is meeting him, so he will just kill her and no one will know what happened to her.
Problem for him is, she DID tell someone where she was going.
Now he needs a story and an alibi.
And apparently ... a lawyer :(

I think he strangled her or shot her and took her to a nearby river or creek or field. I really hate to even think this but too often these days, a pregnant woman who turns up missing is murdered by the father of the child.
:(

Prayers for Amanda, her daughter, her family and her unborn son Hayden.

What was he planning on telling them why her car was there? how was he going to explain that?

TisHerself said:
What was he planning on telling them why her car was there? how was he going to explain that?
I think he wasn't going to explain that he was there, except that she had told someone that she was going to meet him. It screwed up his plan.
Maybe he was going to drive her car away, too, but someone was there.
Obviously, she got into his car and he took her somewhere because she took her purse, phone and keys with her... I mean, this is just my opinion.

Being pregnant is becoming a very dangerous state to be in. How sad.:(

yes, Tis herself, unfortunately it is.

There's an updated story posted, but not any real news.

Pregnant woman still missing in Jefferson County
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/0C98F6DCEA432CBF8625706100117112?OpenDocument

"Police have received about 70 tips regarding the disappearance of Amanda Jones, a nine months pregnant Pevely woman missing since Sunday, but say they still have no evidence of a crime or any indication of what happened to her.

A loan administrator at Eagle Bank in Festus, Jones, 26, was last seen at the horse-show grounds of the Hillsboro Civic Center on Highway 21 in central Jefferson County about 5 p.m. Sunday. Police found her unlocked car there but said it offered no clues.

Police have not recovered Jones’ purse or cell phone..."

PrayersForMaura

In one story, I remember reading that Amanda met him at the civic center at a Christmas party through a friend. yes, it was a one-night stand. Her mother called it a mistake.
Do you have a link for where that came from? Not questioning it but I have been watching the rss feeds on http://www.missingabducted.com and have not seen that in the stories.

In a press conference Thursday morning, Boyer said police had intensified the search for Jones overnight Wednesday searching the property near and adjacent to the Civic Center on foot, using canine units and from the air, but had found no clues.

“We have no physical evidence, nor do we have any statements from anyone to indicate that a crime has been committed,” Boyer said.

He added, however, that police considered Jones’ disappearance to be suspicious.

“We are treating this as a very serious incident,” Boyer said.
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...0C98F6DCEA432CBF8625706100117112?OpenDocument

Any news on Amanda? She was on my mind all day, this is just so sad. I hope they here something soon. I feel for her little girl.

absolut said:
Do you have a link for where that came from? Not questioning it but I have been watching the rss feeds on http://www.missingabducted.com and have not seen that in the stories.
Which line did you want verified?

Here's part of it:

"According to her mother, Jones didn’t have any contact with Westfall during her pregnancy. But her mother said Jones had received a phone call from Westfall before she left for church Sunday morning. Jones told her mother that Westfall wanted to get together for lunch.

Her mother said Jones wanted to talk to Westfall to find out whether he wanted to be part of his son’s life. "

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/0C98F6DCEA432CBF8625706100117112?OpenDocument

Thanks, I missed that one somehow.

absolut said:
Thanks, I missed that one somehow.
Here's the story about it being a mistake:

"Jones told her parents, Hubert and Bertha Propst of Festus, that she met Westfall at a Christmas party at the Civic Center last year.

"It was just a one-night stand thing," Bertha Propst said. "A mistake."

According to her mother, Jones didn't have any contact with Westfall during her pregnancy. But her mother said Jones had received a phone call from Westfall before she left for church Sunday morning. Jones told her mother that Westfall wanted to get together for lunch. "

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/D2ACA8584AFDE6468625706100569053?OpenDocument

they are now using planes with infrared lights to detect body heat.

they need to search this guy's car asap.

I called up the tipline with my own theories .... and they called me back. Maybe I am misinterpreting but they sounded rather irritated and told me they were already on what I was thinking about. :silenced:

PrayersForMaura said:
I called up the tipline with my own theories .... and they called me back. Maybe I am misinterpreting but they sounded rather irritated and told me they were already on what I was thinking about. :silenced:
Prayers for Maura,

Sometimes little towns get a bit touchy if they think your telling them how to do things.:eek: They did call you back so that was nice, and you did the right thing. Did they question Westfall? I forget if I read that sorry. I still wonder why he called her out of the blue, it really makes no sense.
It also makes no sense to me that supposedly this was a mistake a one night stand. She had not seen him since then, now at nine months pregnant she wants to know if she can give the baby his name, and if he wants to be in the baby's life. I know she is missing but there is something that is just not right with this story. I hope they find her soon.

TisHerself said:
Prayers for Maura,

Sometimes little towns get a bit touchy if they think your telling them how to do things.:eek: They did call you back so that was nice, and you did the right thing. Did they question Westfall? I forget if I read that sorry. I still wonder why he called her out of the blue, it really makes no sense.
It also makes no sense to me that supposedly this was a mistake a one night stand. She had not seen him since then, now at nine months pregnant she wants to know if she can give the baby his name, and if he wants to be in the baby's life. I know she is missing but there is something that is just not right with this story. I hope they find her soon.
Silly me told them I follow crime cases and know that the leading cause of death of pregnant women is murder, mostly by the father of the baby. I then said that surely she had to have gotten into his car if she was supposed to meet him there and then go to lunch (as was reported in the paper) ... I mean, why were her purse, keys and phone gone? Usually, if I am running to lunch -- or anywhere for that matter -- with my friend, and meeting them somewhere, I grab my purse, and my cell phone and keys naturally come along with me. I then asked why his car wasn't searched or impounded? He said "we've already taken care of all that ma'am, thank you." And I said sorry for bothering you and hung up.
I know, I know ... I'm a silly woman. But, why wasn't this mentioned?
If a car is impounded, that's often mentioned but maybe I just watch too much CourTV! :p

I am wondering if she wanted to ask him for his name because maybe she was pining over him... was she writing him letters, calling him ... maybe he wasn't returning her calls or answering her letters?

I still think he was a woman of his own somewhere in this puzzle.
All the pieces haven't quite been arranged yet in this tragic puzzle, I'm afraid. :(

Sad this is...A friend from near St. Louis just told me about it and I said...I'll go look on WS...to see if any news...well of course there were already 4 pages LOL

A few weeks ago a woman from St. Louis was missing and they found her in Belleville ILL (just across the river) where my friends live.

Pregnant or not...life is just sometimes too scary!???

I dont think I have to worry about myself...I am far too fat and mean for anyone to mess with LOL and if they do...more power to them...but I truly feel for this woman (she reminds me of Laci somehow) and she looks like a friend of mine from that area (it is not her)

enough rambling...I hope they find her.....

MidnightMyst said:
Sad this is...A friend from near St. Louis just told me about it and I said...I'll go look on WS...to see if any news...well of course there were already 4 pages LOL

A few weeks ago a woman from St. Louis was missing and they found her in Belleville ILL (just across the river) where my friends live.

Pregnant or not...life is just sometimes too scary!???

I dont think I have to worry about myself...I am far too fat and mean for anyone to mess with LOL and if they do...more power to them...but I truly feel for this woman (she reminds me of Laci somehow) and she looks like a friend of mine from that area (it is not her)

enough rambling...I hope they find her.....
Awww, your post is too sweet.
I know the woman's story you mentioned ... she was the one who met those two slimy guys from Paddy O's and they shot her :(
She was the biggest cardinals fan, I read.
I followed her story intently. It does appear that life is dangerous for children and women. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back