MO MO - Amanda Jones, 26, pregnant, Hillsboro, 14 Aug 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
PrayersForMaura said:
Awww, your post is too sweet.
I know the woman's story you mentioned ... she was the one who met those two slimy guys from Paddy O's and they shot her :(
She was the biggest cardinals fan, I read.
I followed her story intently. It does appear that life is dangerous for children and women. :(

Yes that was sad Maura..to be sure she didn't have the best judgement but still? Sometimes I wonder what world we are living in?

i don't know why but i have alot of faith this lady is going to be found.

the only reason i can think of her walking away from car and leaving it unlocked would be to go to the bathroom. and we all know what thats like when your pregnant especially since she had the soda on the way there at 12 thirty. i wonder if that soda bottle was still in the car? did she carry a purse that everything fell out of? did she leave the checkbook as a message?

there's another case where the car was run off the road and the woman disappeared, her checkbook was on the seat too. i just can't remember who she was so i could check the location and details.

Jefferson County Sheriff Oliver "Glenn" Boyer said investigators had received more than 100 tips about Amanda Jones, who is nine months pregnant and hasn't been seen since Sunday. One tip came from Wisconsin, where a man claimed to have seen Jones sitting in the car behind him at a traffic light.

"Some of the tips have not been helpful," Boyer said.

Police have not recovered Jones' purse or cell phone but said there had been no activity on her credit cards.

Boyer said a 20-person task force intensified its search for Jones overnight Wednesday, scouring the property near the Civic Center on foot and using canine units. The task force also used an airplane equipped with an infrared imager capable of detecting body heat. Boyer said the searches provided no new clues.

"We have no physical evidence, nor do we have any statements from anyone to indicate that a crime has been committed," Boyer said. But he added that police considered Jones' disappearance to be suspicious.

Jones had gone to the Civic Center to meet Bryan Lee Westfall, the man her family says is the father of her baby.

Jones had told her parents, Hubert and Bertha Propst, that she met Westfall at a Christmas party at the Civic Center last year.
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...E69B6FA69B3E7A7C862570620012D97F?OpenDocument

Still no sign of a missing Pevely woman, despite several new searches Wednesday night. 26-year-old Amanda Jones, who is nine months pregnant, has been missing for more than three days. Jefferson County Deputies intensified their search for Jones using a helicopter with infrared equipment, a K-9 unit and on foot.

Sheriff's deputies focused again on the area in and around the Hillsboro's Civic Center. It was there Jones met a male acquaintance on Sunday. Investigators say the two talked for about an hour. Later that night, Jones' family reported her missing.
http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=83515

MidnightMyst said:
Yes that was sad Maura..to be sure she didn't have the best judgement but still? Sometimes I wonder what world we are living in?

We are living in a very scary world. I don't believe for a minute that this gal just took off for a few days. She is a good mother who wouldn't leave her little girl. She is due to have a baby any day and wanted that baby...had the nursery all ready and the basket beside her bed. She has a good job although I don't know if she was on leave yet or not...still there isn't a reason in the world for her to take off. She also has parents who love her unconditionally and a younger sister who looks up to her. That guy had something on his mind besides deciding if he wanted to be involved in the baby's life...besides, he said he didn't know if it was his or not.

I think this guys whole deal is that they talked for an hour and he left. According to him she would have probably been getting into her car when he left. Personally I think he is full of it. If she told him that she wanted to name the baby after him....last name included which means it would have gone on the baby's birth certificate his mind probably registered CHILD SUPPORT. Depending on what he makes a month he could have ended up paying a hefty sum for a baby that he didn't want and had no intention of being a daddy to.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=83541

KSDK-Jefferson County Deputies released a new photograph Friday of 26-year-old Amanda Jones. Jones, who is nine months pregnant, disappeared Sunday from the Hillsboro Civic Center.

The new photo was taken on Sunday, the same day Jones disappeared. Authorities hope the recent photograph will help in the search.

The pink top Jones is wearing in the photo is what she had on when she vanished on Sunday. That's when Jones met a male acquaintance in the parking lot of the Hillsboro Civic Center. Family members say he is the father of her unborn child.

Jones' due date is next Tuesday.

Major Denise Lassing with the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department says, "We need to keep in mind that this is still a missing persons report and a missing persons case at this time and not a criminal case. Of course the concern is the pregnancy of Ms. Jones and also the well being of herself and this child. So, it is of great concern that she is nearing her due date and is still not around and or has not been located."

Bobbisangel said:
Personally I think he is full of it. If she told him that she wanted to name the baby after him....last name included which means it would have gone on the baby's birth certificate his mind probably registered CHILD SUPPORT. Depending on what he makes a month he could have ended up paying a hefty sum for a baby that he didn't want and had no intention of being a daddy to.

Last night on Rita Crosby they had Amanda's mom and sister on. The sister said this guy has told the family several different stories about this meeting.

You're right, IMO, 'he is full of it.'

JMHO
fran

Geez he can't get a story straight. How much intelligence does it take to say the same lie? Whats with this guy?

fran said:
Last night on Rita Crosby they had Amanda's mom and sister on. The sister said this guy has told the family several different stories about this meeting.

You're right, IMO, 'he is full of it.'

JMHO
fran
Amanda has been gone over a week she went to meet this guy it's obvious he did something to her. I really should read about this but I don't have much time, have they questioned him? Are the FBI involved? He did not do this by himself someone helped him, she was nine months pregnant, she was not a small girl someone knows something.

TisHerself said:
Amanda has been gone over a week she went to meet this guy it's obvious he did something to her. I really should read about this but I don't have much time, have they questioned him? Are the FBI involved? He did not do this by himself someone helped him, she was nine months pregnant, she was not a small girl someone knows something.

I don't recall if the FBI is involved but I do know they've questioned the father of the child and he said when he left, she was in her car talking on her cell phone. Now, I would like to know if LE checked this out? I bet they did and already know the answer.

Just like with the LaToyia Figueroa case, LE is working behind the scenes and they have their 'hunches.' Also like in the other case, LE doesn't want to tell the public what investigative tools they're using right now, so we'll just have to wait.........and wait.........and wait...... :innocent:

Gosh, I hope she's ok. :(

JMHO
fran

I wish they would find her. I had so hoped she just went away for short time to get her thoughts together, but too much time is passing.

Beyond Belief said:
I wish they would find her. I had so hoped she just went away for short time to get her thoughts together, but too much time is passing.

That's exactly what I had hoped for LaToyia too. :( ........actually, the first night I heard about Laci, I thought (to myself), 'oh, they probably got in an argument and she just wanted to cool off.'

I hope this time we're right. She's 'just getting her thoughts together.' But, it doesn't look good, IMO.

JMHO
fran

fran said:
That's exactly what I had hoped for LaToyia too. :( ........actually, the first night I heard about Laci, I thought (to myself), 'oh, they probably got in an argument and she just wanted to cool off.'

I hope this time we're right. She's 'just getting her thoughts together.' But, it doesn't look good, IMO.

JMHO
fran
I am so tired of this, its just getting to obvious that this is the way this goes.

Yup, father of the child has a "GIRLFRIEND" ... guess what ... SHE has lawyered up now, TOO :furious:

I'm telling ya, I have a very strong hunch :::just my opinion:::
that this guy asked amanda to get into his car, she grabbed her purse, put her keys and cell phone in, got innocently into his car thinking they were going to lunch, and the girlfriend jumps up from the back seat and either puts some sort of gas on a handkercheif over her mouth to knock her out or strangles her from behind. Something is up with those two.
Lawyering up so soon? Hogwash. :doh:

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=83596

"A nine-month pregnant woman doesn't just disappear like that. Somebody has to have seen or know something, they're just afraid to say," said Bertha Propst, Amanda's mother.

Jefferson County police tell NewsChannel 5 that the girlfriend of the man Jones went to meet last Sunday has hired an attorney. They continue to follow up on more than 150 leads in connection with the disappearance.

As a symbol of hope, Amanda Jones' family, friends and co-workers released purple balloons. Amanda's father Hubert Propst says, "Purple is my daughter's favorite color, she loves purple, purple anything, she's a purple fanatic."

The 26-year-old Pevely woman was last seen one week ago, in the parking lot of the Hillsboro Civic Center. Family members say she came to meet with the father of her unborn son. Police later found her car at the civic center, but no sign of Amanda.

http://wb11tv.trb.com/kplr-news-082105-3,0,1999748.story?coll=kplr-home-1

She is due to deliver her baby today. Sunday night there was still no sign of Amanda Jones.

The pregnant 26-year old Peveley woman disappeared without a trace over a week ago. Friends and family held a candlelight vigil Sunday night at the Civic Center in Hillsboro, where she was seen. They hope it sheds light on her whereabouts. "Each day I wake up it gets harder," said Amanda's mom, Bertha Propst. She couldn't hold back the tears.

PrayersForMaura said:
Yup, father of the child has a "GIRLFRIEND" ... guess what ... SHE has lawyered up now, TOO :furious:

I'm telling ya, I have a very strong hunch :::just my opinion:::
that this guy asked amanda to get into his car, she grabbed her purse, put her keys and cell phone in, got innocently into his car thinking they were going to lunch, and the girlfriend jumps up from the back seat and either puts some sort of gas on a handkercheif over her mouth to knock her out or strangles her from behind. Something is up with those two.
Lawyering up so soon? Hogwash. :doh:

"A nine-month pregnant woman doesn't just disappear like that. Somebody has to have seen or know something, they're just afraid to say," said Bertha Propst, Amanda's mother.

Jefferson County police tell NewsChannel 5 that the girlfriend of the man Jones went to meet last Sunday has hired an attorney. They continue to follow up on more than 150 leads in connection with the disappearance.

And just how was he going to meet Amanda and have lunch and then meet this woman? :doh:

Both of them have attornies!!! :rolleyes:

This guy is talking to police through his attorney! :loser:

(from earlier reports)He said he was meeting Amanda for lunch, yet he says they talked for about 1/2 an hour in the parking lot and then he drove away and she was in her car on her cell phone. Is that why her purse and cell phone are missing? Now we find out he met with another woman the same day!??:eek:

I'm beside myself. What is, was, he thinking? IF he did this, he's not going to get away with it! Someone's watching him......:bang:

JMHO
fran

fran said:
And just how was he going to meet Amanda and have lunch and then meet this woman? :doh:

Both of them have attornies!!! :rolleyes:
I don't think that this what that line meant.
I *think* that line met that the girlfriend of the guy Amanda was supposed to meet with hired an attorney.... meanign the girlfriend hired the attorney, not that he was going to meet with her... but I'm sure he met with her, too ... I have a feeling she was involved.

I'd love to know the coversation between those two.

I know theres not a chance in h*ll, but I sure hope he said something that ticked her off and she did a disappearing act. She's too darn responsible to do something like that, but I am going to hope anyway.

PrayersForMaura said:
I don't think that this what that line meant.
I *think* that line met that the girlfriend of the guy Amanda was supposed to meet with hired an attorney.... meanign the girlfriend hired the attorney, not that he was going to meet with her... but I'm sure he met with her, too ... I have a feeling she was involved.

I could be jumping the gun on this but it doesn't sound like a good ending and it does sound like there is complicity on those two. It also sounds like the same kind of circle as Latoyia's situation. Amanda's family must be at wits end now........ :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back