MO MO - Amanda Jones, 26, pregnant, Hillsboro, 14 Aug 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No thyroid medicine is serious. They need to look around those grounds better.

I dont think this guy thinks this child is his, he might have gotten anger when she brought up the subject of using his name. Men are always in denial about these things.

People even get a little crazy without their thyroid medicine. We had one in our store one day, she was acting nuts, that continued for a few days, she even pretended she was a law enforcement officer for awhile. I know her daughter so we knew this wasn't normal. The kid baker acted her. All is now well. But back to Amanda........

I think that no 9 month pregnant woman is going to just walk off.
Can't imagine in cases like these, why they don't take a dog immediately to see the scene and see how far the person did walk.

May the deeds done in darkness be brought to light

This is a sad, sad story. The little girl is missing her mom. Is her father in her life? He doesn't live there. Haven't heard about Amanda's ex. Anybody know if at least this child has a daddy who cares? I expect that Amanda's parents will step up to the plate. They seem like a nice couple. I feel bad for them, too.

And then there's Amanda, now missing. But making a baby in such a chaotic way. The really poignant line was the one about her asking permission to name the baby in his honor. That is just sad, sad, sad. She didn't really seem to have a relationship with this guy but she went ahead and nominated him as sperm donor.

I have a really bad feeling about this case that there isn't a happy ending.

lisafremont said:
The really poignant line was the one about her asking permission to name the baby in his honor. That is just sad, sad, sad..
I too thought that part was very sad, and in a little way perplexing to me. Was she in doubt maybe as to her the father is, or is she just a poor insecure loving young woman?

A woman can put whatever name she wants to on her chids birth certificate, at least out here they do. In fact the birth announcements give both the parents names and in most cases the female chose to give the child the father's last name, and some never give the father's name and want the child to have their last name.

What could happen if this disease is left untreated?

If left untreated, Grave's Disease can lead to more serious complications, including birth defects in pregnancy, increased risk of a miscarriage, and in extreme cases, death. Graves’ Disease is often accompanied by an increase in heart rate, which may lead to further heart complications.

Authorities in Jefferson County announced this morning that a new task force comprised of 17 police officers is taking over the investigation of a missing pregnant woman last seen Sunday evening.

Lt. Col. Steven Meinberg said the task force met for the first time at 8 a.m. today. The announcement was made at a morning press conference that was supposed to be held at the main meeting room of the sheriff’s office. The briefing had to moved outdoors, because the task force has taken over the meeting room to accommodate officers assigned to the unit from five other Jefferson County police agencies.

Meinberg said officers from Crystal City, Festus, Herculaneum, Hillsboro and Pevely have joined the task force. He said the unit is contact with the FBI, but that the federal agency isn’t actively involved in the investigation. The task force is headed by Lt. Tommy Wright, the head of the detective bureau at the sheriff’s office.
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...E060C179B767C65986257060005ADFF6?OpenDocument

There is still no sign of a missing Jefferson County woman who is nine months pregnant. Additional investigators have been added to the search for 26-year-old Amanda Jones. Five law enforcement agencies are now part of the task force working on the case, including the FBI.

Jones told her parents she was meeting the father of the son she was expecting to deliver at any moment. Detectives say Amanda drove to the Hillsboro Civic Center around 1:00 p.m. Sunday. The man Jones met told detectives they talked for an hour before he left. Jones hasn't been seen since.
http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=83374

Jones went to the civic center to meet with Bryan Westfall (search), who relatives said is the father of her unborn child. His lawyer, Kevin Roberts, said Westfall has met with police four times since her disappearance. "He's tried to be as cooperative as possible," Roberts said.

Roberts would not discuss the conversation between Jones and Westfall on Sunday out of respect for their privacy. "It was cordial," he said, noting that Westfall is praying for her safe return.

Westfall doesn't know if he is the father of Jones' unborn child, Roberts said

Propst said Jones was due to give birth next week, and couldn't easily walk in her ninth month of pregnancy, making family members all the more inclined to think she wouldn't have voluntarily left the area.

Boyer said a 20-member task force is working to find Jones. Authorities searched a wooded area Monday, have flown over the region looking for her, and have put out word nationwide about Jones' disappearance.

Boyer said that despite some suspicious circumstances, there has been no physical evidence and no witness indicating a crime. He said there are no suspects.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,166015,00.html

Beyond Belief said:
No thyroid medicine is serious. They need to look around those grounds better.

I dont think this guy thinks this child is his, he might have gotten anger when she brought up the subject of using his name. Men are always in denial about these things.

People even get a little crazy without their thyroid medicine. We had one in our store one day, she was acting nuts, that continued for a few days, she even pretended she was a law enforcement officer for awhile. I know her daughter so we knew this wasn't normal. The kid baker acted her. All is now well. But back to Amanda........

Now wait just one minute!!!! I have been on thyroid medication for years and if you have been around someone who acted crazy without their meds it had nothing to do with the thyroid. When a person doesn't take their meds it causes them to become exhaused...so tired they cannot function...tired to the bone. It doesn't have anything to do with the mind. A person can become very sick..physically...without their meds.

I doubt that Amanda would have just taken off knowing how important that her medication is to her physical health. If this is the third day without medication...assuming that she took her meds on Sunday...Amanda is no doubt feeling the affects. I sure hope that she is found soon. I'm also glad that the FBI is involved.....hopefully they are smarter than the cops involved in the case.

Bobbisangel said:
Now wait just one minute!!!! I have been on thyroid medication for years and if you have been around someone who acted crazy without their meds it had nothing to do with the thyroid. When a person doesn't take their meds it causes them to become exhaused...so tired they cannot function...tired to the bone. It doesn't have anything to do with the mind. A person can become very sick..physically...without their meds.
Thank you Bobbi for posting this, I wanted to post "hey, you don't act crazy" but thought I'd leave it alone, BUT I KNOW FOR A FACT THE LACK OF MEDS DON'T AFFECT YOU as described in another post. Medication is usually once a day on an empty stomach.

Also I have noticed in those with Graves (family member) there may be dryness of the hair, some hair loss and as you said extreme feeling of fatiigue. This doesn't happen in only a few days without taking the medication however.

Wait a minute...was she last seen August 7 or August 14? AMW says the 7th but I could have swore this just happened this past Sunday. That discrepancy is an entire week. Am I simply confused or has anyone else noticed this?

I still want to know about this couple in a red car that came and talked to the baby's dad claiming they wanted to get in touch with Amanda....a couple that she didn't know...he didn't know...but they knew how to contact this man who has had no contact with Amanda in 9 months??? Sounds like a story to me. An excuse to contact Amanda for whatever this guy had on his mind.

Even if he wasn't sure that the baby was his the guy could have had DNA testing done after it was born. Of course if it turned out to be his she could nail him for child support. Her parents said that this guy was the only one she was with when she got pregnant.

I just find it strange that all of a sudden...right before the baby comes...he contacts Amanda....she doesn't contact him.

They find Amanda's car but it looks like she has taken her purse, cell phone, etc, with her but left her car unlocked. She must have went willingly with whoever. If there had been a scuffle someone would have seen it. Amanda isn't a small girl and would probably be difficult to get her to go somewhere if she didn't want to go. If she was drugged she would have been dead weight and it would have been no easy task to drag or carry her to a car at the Civic Center without being seen. She must have known the person....like the baby's father!!

I wonder if anyone saw her leave the Civic Center alone or with someone.
It doesn't sound like they went to lunch...according to the baby's father anyway.

Last but not least...I, for the life of me, don't understand the naming of the baby after him. The guy was a sperm donor...that is all. In his honor??? What honor??? That is some crazy thinking. Maybe Amanda thought if she named the baby after the guy he would come around and be a dad to the little guy. That is sad. Sounds like wishful thinking.

Last..lol. Amanda's parents said that her and the ex get along just fine. They didn't during the divorce but are friends now. I got the impression that he is involved in his daughter's life. Glad about that.

Was the alleged father of the baby married? I don't recall reading anything about that.

There was a pregnant woman in Missouri maybe a year or so ago who was slain and the baby cut from her womb by a woman who was supposed to buy a dog from her. The victim had an add on the internet about her puppies and this lady drove from Kansas and killed her and took her baby. I feel badly about not remembering her name. Maybe this guy DID know a couple or knew someone who knew someone who wanted a baby and Amanda WAS the target of the sick scheme...

chiefs_fan_4life said:
Was the alleged father of the baby married? I don't recall reading anything about that.

There was a pregnant woman in Missouri maybe a year or so ago who was slain and the baby cut from her womb by a woman who was supposed to buy a dog from her. The victim had an add on the internet about her puppies and this lady drove from Kansas and killed her and took her baby. I feel badly about not remembering her name. Maybe this guy DID know a couple or knew someone who knew someone who wanted a baby and Amanda WAS the target of the sick scheme...
Westfall is unmarried and lives in the Hillsboro area. He is a member of the Hillsboro Community Civic Club, which owns the civic center where Jones' car was found.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/8EF7BFC3ACAE997C8625706000533FCD?OpenDocument&highlight=2%2C%22amanda%22+AND+%22jones%22

ALSO at this link below:

http://www.stltoday.com/

type in Amanda Jones at the top where site search is.........some 'stuff' I hadn't read before. I think it was her dad in one of the articles that mentioned the possibably of someone wanting a baby.

If this was a scheme for the baby she could be anywhere, definately out of state. The not BF I couldn't quite figure out I was thinking his brain must keep shorting out. He calls her after not seeing her for months does not think he is the father and poof she's gone. Who does he think they are going to point the finger at? OJ?
OK so he can't be that stupid he either has to have an airtight alibi or he believes she will never be found. That's if he is involved.

I'm not one to make snap judgements about the fathers or husbands involved in these type of cases, but this is definately a case where he needs to be fully looked at. Some questions I would like to know answers too....

If she had no contact with him during the pregnancy, did he even know? I am assuming he did since one article stated that she wanted to know from him if he changed his mind and wanted to be envolved in the baby's life. So if he did know about the baby, what was his initial reaction?

What do her cell phone records show?

Has his car been searched or just his residence? Since it looks like such a open area by the civic center, if he is involved and her car was still where she parked it, he had to have used his own vehicle. Was there any witnesses in the parking lot who saw her, him or anyone else with them?

What time was she reported missing? How soon was the father interviewed after she was reported missing? The lapse of time between when she was seen in the video and when the boyfriend was seen by police could tell us how much time he had to get rid of a body if he did indeed do anything to her.

If it is him, I cant understand how these men think they can get away with this kind of thing in light of all the cases recently, they all get caught. Do they think they are so "bright" that think they will be the one that gets away with it?

I wont rule out yet someone taking her for the baby, we have had quite a few of those recently too. The father could also be involved in that scenerio too.

Hope she is o.k., but I do not think so.

Also not ruling out her leaving, although I think that is unlikely. She might have been feeling like she really needed him in her life and thought that maybe this scare would get him to want to be with her. But like I said, this scenerio does not really jive with me.

chiefs_fan_4life said:
Wait a minute...was she last seen August 7 or August 14? AMW says the 7th but I could have swore this just happened this past Sunday. That discrepancy is an entire week. Am I simply confused or has anyone else noticed this?
I didn't mean to ignore your question Chiefs. All the articles of Aug. 16th and the 17th say she had been last seen Sunday (but give no date) so I assumed they meant Sunday, Aug. 14th, which I think is the correct date she was last seen, not the 7th.

Thanks, Tomsgirl. And thanks for the links to Stltoday. I've been following the case through ksdk Channel 5 website and haven't checked newspaper website in months. Also, I, too, am under the assumption that she went missing August 14. I hope if this is the case America's Most Wanted corrects their information if it is incorrect.

Bobbisangel said:
I still want to know about this couple in a red car that came and talked to the baby's dad claiming they wanted to get in touch with Amanda....a couple that she didn't know...he didn't know...but they knew how to contact this man who has had no contact with Amanda in 9 months??? Sounds like a story to me. An excuse to contact Amanda for whatever this guy had on his mind....

Hinky story from the getgo. Makes NO sense. Could be that he concocted this story to try to throw suspicion onto the "couple in the red car" because a couple might want the baby and they would be suspects, wouldn't they?

But I'm with you. Two strangers know how to contact him to reach her and they've not in touch for months?? Makes zero sense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meadams14
Back