MO MO - Amanda Jones, 26, pregnant, Hillsboro, 14 Aug 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I feel like this case is going to slowly slip away and we won't get the answers her family so deserves. Its just to coincidental that this guy met with her for the first time in 9 months and then she disappears. Either the LE know more than they are saying are they are just down right not doing thier jobs. If they do know more... why are we not hearing anything and when will we get some answers!!!????:confused:

CrimeHater said:
I feel like this case is going to slowly slip away and we won't get the answers her family so deserves. Its just to coincidental that this guy met with her for the first time in 9 months and then she disappears. Either the LE know more than they are saying are they are just down right not doing thier jobs. If they do know more... why are we not hearing anything and when will we get some answers!!!????:confused:

I hope that this case doesn't just get buried on some detectives desk. I know that they could be busy on the case and just not letting any info out but to us...waiting to hear something...it just feels like they aren't doing anything. They have to know that there was foul play...they have to suspect that bio dad and his girlfriend for that matter. I can't think of one reason why she needed to lawyer-up when Amanda first went missing. Good grief, if I was in a relationship with a guy and his old girlfriend...baby's mother, etc, went missing and he was the last one seen with her why would I need an attorney? That is just bizarre to me. She probably had never even met Amanda before unless she had something to do with her missing.

I don't even know Amanda but her and the baby stay on my mind. I think of the joy she felt awaiting the baby's birth...the nursery ready at her home...her little girl not understanding where her mama is and it is just so sad. I know it was the baby's dad who did something to Amanda. I wonder how well he sleeps. I hope she haunts him day and night and it gets so bad that he turns himself in.

petra said:
absolut said:
http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=87253[/

how terrible sad. her poor mom and family. hope they get some answers soon.

Prays and thoughts to the family.

Amanda's family must still be paying her monthly house payment or rent...bless their hearts. I can understand why they can't drive her car. It just wouldn't feel right. I guess it would be admitting that she isn't coming back. This is such a sad situation. I just wish LE would find Amanda and the baby. Unless they get a warrent and take dogs out to that property I don't think she will ever be found. This has to be all about paying child support. So many pregnant mothers have been murdered by the babies fathers in order to get out of paying child support. What happened to fathers being accountable and helping to financially take care of their children?

Bobbisangel said:
Amanda's family must still be paying her monthly house payment or rent...bless their hearts. I can understand why they can't drive her car. It just wouldn't feel right. I guess it would be admitting that she isn't coming back. This is such a sad situation. I just wish LE would find Amanda and the baby. Unless they get a warrent and take dogs out to that property I don't think she will ever be found. This has to be all about paying child support. So many pregnant mothers have been murdered by the babies fathers in order to get out of paying child support. What happened to fathers being accountable and helping to financially take care of their children?
Thinking of Amanda and her family. As you said, bless them.

Yes, apparently the number one cause of death in pregnant women in US is murder. JUst disgusting.
And to add to that, the man and his family make me so ANGRY..wish LE could just storm the place and get some answers !!!!!

Prayers for Amanda, her baby and Amanda's family.

Family tries to keep attention on case of missing pregnant woman

Posted on Thu, Nov. 10, 2005

Despite an outpouring of community support and the distribution of 5,000 flyers, there's still no trace of a woman who disappeared in the final days of her pregnancy.

Amanda Jones, 26, hasn't been seen since Aug. 14, when she was at the Hillsboro Civic Center horse-show grounds south of St. Louis in Jefferson County. Jones went to the civic center to meet with Bryan Westfall, who her relatives said is the father of her unborn child.

Jones' mother, Bertha Propst, said Thursday that family and volunteers are working to keep attention on the case.

In addition to the flyers describing Jones, they're also having T-shirts made that read "Missing Amanda Jones" with Jones' photo on them, and yard signs may also be printed.

Propst said she fears the public is losing interest in the case.

"I still believe there's someone out there who knows. A pregnant woman doesn't just disappear off the face of the earth, and no one knows anything or has seen anything," she said.

Jefferson County Sheriff Glenn Boyer estimated that investigators have followed up on about 300 leads. He said five sheriff's investigators are still working on Jones' disappearance, though they are working on other cases as well. Officers from other municipalities went back to their departments weeks ago, but will reconvene if new developments arise, he said.

A crime lab is analyzing forensic data, though results could take several weeks. Boyer declined to describe the items being analyzed.

In August, authorities searched two farm properties in rural Hillsboro owned by Westfall and his parents. The sheriff previously called Westfall a "person of interest," but would not comment Thursday on whether that's still the case.

"Certainly, Mr. Westfall was the last person to have contact with Miss Jones, of which we're aware," he said.

A message was left with Westfall's lawyer, Kevin Roberts, seeking comment.

Jones was due to give birth the week after her disappearance. She couldn't easily walk in her ninth month of pregnancy, making family doubt she would have voluntarily left the area.

Jones' mother said she is trying to believe her daughter is still alive. But she said, "Not a day goes by that I don't break down."

Last week, authorities released Jones' blue Pontiac Sunfire to the family. Propst said keys had to be made by a locksmith, because her daughter's purse also was missing. Propst said she wasn't able to drive the car, and also has trouble entering her daughter's home.

Jones' 5-year-old daughter is living with the child's father in St. Louis. Propst continues to pay her daughter's bills, because she said her daughter had good credit and she doesn't want it ruined in case her daughter returns.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/13134116.htm

God bless this family. If they stop paying Amanda's bills and close her house up it will be like admitting that she isn't coming back. What a sad situation.

I'm glad that LE is still working on the case. I'd love to know what they sent to the forensic lab. Maybe the results of the testing will move this case ahead. I just wish that Amanda would be found one way or the other. I wonder if they took dogs out to the farm when they did a search. I'll never believe that it was anyone other than that baby's bio dad that put an end to Amanda and the baby's lives.

Police: Man Who Last Saw Amanda Jones May Know MoreNovember 14, 2005Three Months Since Pregnant Woman Disappeared

(KMOX)__Amanda Jones, nine months pregnant when she vanished near Hillsboro, has now been missing for three months.

Jefferson County Sheriff Glenn Boyer tells KMOX that Bryan Lee Westfall, the man who Amanda's family says fathered the son she was carrying, likely has information which would prove useful in the investigation.

"Certainly, Mr. Westfall is someone who can supply us with information about Amanda Jones' last whereabouts," Boyer said Friday. "By his own admission, he was the last person to see her."

The Pevely woman went to see Westfall at the Hillsboro Civic Center August 14th. Westfall has said he spoke with Amanda for about an hour in the parking lot. When he last saw her, he said, she was speaking on her cell phone.

Westfall has been identified as a "person of interest" in the case, but he is not considered a suspect. He has already spoken to police several times, accompanied by his lawyer, Kevin Roberts. Westfall's rural property and the farm owned by his parents were searched by authorities in late August. Police are also awaiting final lab results on evidence seized early in the investigation. But authorities will not say what items have been examined.
Berta Collins, KMOX News.http://www.kmox.com/news/article.php?id=17986

Beyond Belief said:
Police: Man Who Last Saw Amanda Jones May Know MoreNovember 14, 2005Three Months Since Pregnant Woman Disappeared

(KMOX)__Amanda Jones, nine months pregnant when she vanished near Hillsboro, has now been missing for three months.

Jefferson County Sheriff Glenn Boyer tells KMOX that Bryan Lee Westfall, the man who Amanda's family says fathered the son she was carrying, likely has information which would prove useful in the investigation.

"Certainly, Mr. Westfall is someone who can supply us with information about Amanda Jones' last whereabouts," Boyer said Friday. "By his own admission, he was the last person to see her."

The Pevely woman went to see Westfall at the Hillsboro Civic Center August 14th. Westfall has said he spoke with Amanda for about an hour in the parking lot. When he last saw her, he said, she was speaking on her cell phone.

Westfall has been identified as a "person of interest" in the case, but he is not considered a suspect. He has already spoken to police several times, accompanied by his lawyer, Kevin Roberts. Westfall's rural property and the farm owned by his parents were searched by authorities in late August. Police are also awaiting final lab results on evidence seized early in the investigation. But authorities will not say what items have been examined.
Berta Collins, KMOX News.http://www.kmox.com/news/article.php?id=17986

He has changed his story several times...that should be a huge clue to LE. If my memory serves me he said that Amanda was talking on her cell phone when he left the center at 2 or 3 and still on it when he came back to the center....for whatever reason....at 5 pm. Her cell phone records don't back up his story though. Her records say that the last call she made was at 1pm before she met with him. I wish the guy would just admit that he killed her and the baby. Doubt that will happen though unless they have some evidence.

Sheriff asks Postal Service to help find missing woman
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH​
12/02/2005

HILLSBORO

Jefferson County Sheriff Oliver "Glenn" Boyer says he hopes a U.S. Postal Service program used in a missing-persons case in the Metro East area will help find a woman missing from Jefferson County for almost four months.

Boyer said he was asking the Postal Service to deliver handbills along with mail in Jefferson County to remind people that Amanda Jones of Pevely still is missing and to circulate a photo.

"We're in discussion with the post office right now," Boyer said this week. "We'd like to do it right before Christmas."​
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/D90391B8076AB44E862570CB000EA528?OpenDocument

munky said:
Has anyone heard anything at all about Amanda's case?

Not a thing. I wonder if LE has gotten anymore leads and if they are still working on the case. I hope the baby's dad doesn't get away with this. He is probably walking around so proud of himself believing that he has gotten away with 2 murders. I still believe they will find Amanda on his or his parent's property if they would ever take the dogs out there and search. If they wait long enough her grave will be so covered with brush and stuff that they will never find it. Did they ever take the dogs out to his property? Anyone know?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back