MO MO - Betty Alexander, 69, Sullivan, 11 April 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JUN 27, 2019
Sullivan Family Still Has Faith in Finding Missing Mother
Sullivan resident Betty Alexander, 69, has been missing for 11 weeks, but her family is not giving up hope.

Alexander was last seen Wednesday, April 10, around 1:15 p.m. She was at her apartment and had received a delivery from Sinks Pharmacy at that time.

Her family discovered that she took her medicine that night around 7 p.m., but did not take her medicine the following day. Alexander’s disappearance has been narrowed down to after 7 p.m. and before the morning of Thursday, April 11.

[...]

On Sunday, April 14, at 4:30 p.m. TT stopped by her mother’s apartment in Center Street Apartments complex to pick up Alexander. She said Alexander did not answer her phone when she called as Tolliver was driving over.

When TT arrived, the door was locked so she let herself in with a key and saw a Meals on Wheels sitting on the table with a glass of milk, and her mother’s glasses on the arm of her recliner.

[...]

Alexander has beginning stages of dementia and takes medication for it. After TT realized her mother was missing, she immediately called her brother, who had been trying to get a hold of Alexander too. TT also went outside to talk to neighbors and called the police.

[...]

(Name changed to initials by me)

Did we ever find out what meds she had delivered? Could someone have honed in on that, and decided to get inside and steal them. Even if it’s nothing to get high on, they’ll steal them and check them later. If it’s that, though, they’d not keep her this long. She’d likely be killed straight away. So...maybe not, but a theory to toss out there. I hope she’s just disoriented somewhere safe. jmo

Posted by Bring Betty Home
Monday at 8:13 PM [EDT]
“We had an extremely skilled team of 4 search dogs come in today who were trailing and cadaver dogs, but unfortunately we are still left with no answers.

Please continue sharing mom's flyer to keep her picture fresh in everyone's mind. I'm praying that if someone out there knows something they will find it in their heart to come forward and let us bring mom home to end this daily nightmare.”
Bring Betty Home

Monday at 8:13 PM [EDT]
“We had an extremely skilled team of 4 search dogs come in today who were trailing and cadaver dogs, but unfortunately we are still left with no answers.

Please continue sharing mom's flyer to keep her picture fresh in everyone's mind. I'm praying that if someone out there knows something they will find it in their heart to come forward and let us bring mom home to end this daily nightmare.”
Bring Betty Home

Thanks for that update. Was hoping they might have found something. I can't help but think she didn't wander too far without her eyeglasses, but you never know.

There's been some speculation she could have met with foul play from someone who came to her home to steal prescription drugs. While that seems unlikely, it can't be ruled out. If someone had accosted her at home, a neighbor should have heard something. It also seems odd that her door had been left open, then closed but unlocked, then closed and locked when her daughter came by.

Sullivan woman missing for three months – reward up to $3,000

SULLIVAN, Mo. – It has been three months since loved ones have spoken to or seen 69-year-old Betty Alexander. Her family is desperate for answers.

Alexander disappeared from her Sullivan apartment in April

Snip

The reward stands at $3,000. Tolliver said she hopes her prayers will be answered.

Snip

Tolliver hopes the public will keep their eyes open and report anything that might help.

"Even if you have a small tip, it would be something to break the case open. We just want answers, we want to bring her home. We are prepared for the worst, but still praying for the best outcome," she said.

Snip

Alexander is a Caucasian woman, 5' 2" tall, weighs 145 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes. She wears her hair at shoulder length and may not be wearing shoes.

She takes medication but is not believed to be in possession of any at this time.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Sullivan Police Department at 573-468-8001.

I think the strain in the family is from the lack of care she was given. Perhaps other family members wanted Betty to have more supervision but the daughter with POA was insistent on her freedom and it has backfired. I do hope they find her soon.

I am wondering about any friends Betty had, especially any friends who owned cars. Did Betty have a habit of visiting any of her neighbors, or did she visit any businesses or churches on foot (since she didn’t drive)? Did Betty’s bank account remain untouched? Did she have a boyfriend? Has she ever gone missing before this? Did the police obtain a record of phone calls made and received on Betty’s land line? Did Betty’s door require a key to lock it? If so, who else had a key to her door?

Apologies if any of these questions have already been covered.

I am wondering about any friends Betty had, especially any friends who owned cars. Did Betty have a habit of visiting any of her neighbors, or did she visit any businesses or churches on foot (since she didn’t drive)? Did Betty’s bank account remain untouched? Did she have a boyfriend? Has she ever gone missing before this? Did the police obtain a record of phone calls made and received on Betty’s land line? Did Betty’s door require a key to lock it? If so, who else had a key to her door?

Apologies if any of these questions have already been covered.
Many of these topics have been touched in the media and the Bring Betty Home Facebook page. There are some timing issues with the door being locked that seem out of the ordinary. I have not read any reporting of video as far as who is visiting her. There may not be any. Some days I wonder if another family member sprinted her off to a facility without letting the others know.

Sullivan woman missing for three months – reward up to $3,000

SULLIVAN, Mo. – It has been three months since loved ones have spoken to or seen 69-year-old Betty Alexander. Her family is desperate for answers.

Alexander disappeared from her Sullivan apartment in April

Snip

The reward stands at $3,000. Tolliver said she hopes her prayers will be answered.

Snip

Tolliver hopes the public will keep their eyes open and report anything that might help.

"Even if you have a small tip, it would be something to break the case open. We just want answers, we want to bring her home. We are prepared for the worst, but still praying for the best outcome," she said.

Snip

Alexander is a Caucasian woman, 5' 2" tall, weighs 145 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes. She wears her hair at shoulder length and may not be wearing shoes.

She takes medication but is not believed to be in possession of any at this time.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Sullivan Police Department at 573-468-8001.
This is the same video that's in this article you posted, YaYa, but I wanted to bring the YouTube version here in case anyone didn't see it. Heartbreaking. :(

Sullivan woman missing for three months reward up to $3,000

Saturday at 5:59 PM [EDT]
“We now have a 2nd private investigator on mom's case. John Underhill has 30 years experience in missing persons cases and worked the Summer Shipp case along with several other cases. He came in from Kansas City yesterday and spent the last two days going over mom's case, talking to people, and walking wooded areas. We did talk to one of two witnesses who stated he definitely saw mom standing outside the fire department in the road at 5pm on Thursday, April 11th. She wouldn't move as they drove towards her and just stood there and stared. Since she didn't take any of her medication on Thursday (which she was always adamant about taking on time), none of her neighbors saw her, several phone calls were unanswered, she wasn't home when Meals on Wheels arrived, she didn't check her mail that day, but was seen at 5pm, it now leads us to wonder where she was between Wednesday night after 7pm and Thursday at 5pm...and where did she go from the fire station Thursday at 5pm?

We are asking any businesses in the downtown area that have video surveillance from April 11th to please review your tapes.

Anyone with sheds, campers, empty buildings or places she could have used for shelter, please check them if you have not already.

We definitely feel someone knows something and we hope they will come forward. They can contact John Underhill at 816-882-7992 or John Mackey at 888-511-0498 with tips. I will keep adding as much help as necessary on her case until we find her. I WILL NOT GIVE UP! I WILL FIND HER!” (BBM)
Bring Betty Home

Saturday at 5:59 PM [EDT]
“We now have a 2nd private investigator on mom's case. John Underhill has 30 years experience in missing persons cases and worked the Summer Shipp case along with several other cases. He came in from Kansas City yesterday and spent the last two days going over mom's case, talking to people, and walking wooded areas. We did talk to one of two witnesses who stated he definitely saw mom standing outside the fire department in the road at 5pm on Thursday, April 11th. She wouldn't move as they drove towards her and just stood there and stared. Since she didn't take any of her medication on Thursday (which she was always adamant about taking on time), none of her neighbors saw her, several phone calls were unanswered, she wasn't home when Meals on Wheels arrived, she didn't check her mail that day, but was seen at 5pm, it now leads us to wonder where she was between Wednesday night after 7pm and Thursday at 5pm...and where did she go from the fire station Thursday at 5pm?

We are asking any businesses in the downtown area that have video surveillance from April 11th to please review your tapes.

Anyone with sheds, campers, empty buildings or places she could have used for shelter, please check them if you have not already.

We definitely feel someone knows something and we hope they will come forward. They can contact John Underhill at 816-882-7992 or John Mackey at 888-511-0498 with tips. I will keep adding as much help as necessary on her case until we find her. I WILL NOT GIVE UP! I WILL FIND HER!” (BBM)
Bring Betty Home
Whoa... I didn't realize she was standing in the road - I thought she was just standing in front of the fire station. I guess I'll be going back to read. :oops: MOO

JUL 15, 2019
New clue emerges in the disappearance of Sullivan woman missing for 3 months
[...]

But Tolliver finally has some insight after hiring a private investigator. A witness said he saw Betty in front of Sullivan's fire station Thursday, April 11, at 5 p,m. It's a block away from her home at the Center Street Apartments.

"She was wearing tan matching top matching bottoms like pajamas, he said. She was just standing in the middle of the road kind of frozen there staring at the fire station," Tolliver said.

But Betty went missing Wednesday night at 7 p.m.

"It adds more to the puzzle now, more questions where was she from Wednesday 7 p.m. after taking her medication to Thursday 5 p.m. Where did go after 5 p.m.? We are in the middle of town, it's a busy intersection, somebody had to of seen where she went," Tolliver tells us.

What troubles Tolliver the most was the condition that her mom seemed to be in when she was last seen. We're told she seemed terrorized and extremely scared.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back