MO MO - Betty Alexander, 69, Sullivan, 11 April 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Rsbbm

I had no idea that she was possibly in fear at all when this occurred. The phrase “Terrorized and extremely scared” hurt my heart :(

With the reports of some finding her door locked, I wonder if she had locked herself out accidentally and was wandering around for help? Maybe didn't know how to tell someone she was locked out? Without medication, she was probably very disoriented. Hate to say it, but she may have been wandering around for some time. Sad to think no one tried to help her.

We’ve heard of this report (of Betty staring at the fire station) from the beginning, although with much less detail. I wonder why the witnesses’ account is only now being given greater credence and attention?

@ Betty P, if I’m remembering correctly, the Meals on Wheels couple came on Friday to bring Betty her meal and found her door ajar, so they entered and placed the food inside, and were careful to leave the door as they found it: ajar. So, at least at the time of the fire station sighting on Thursday at 5pm (the day prior) it would seem her door may not have been locked.

It’s so hard to imagine that no one else saw her! Since she was acting strangely and fearful Thursday at 5pm, and standing in the middle of the road, she surely should have caught more people’s attention.

I sure hope this “new” report is the catalyst to bring Betty home.

We’ve heard of this report (of Betty staring at the fire station) from the beginning, although with much less detail. I wonder why the witnesses’ account is only now being given greater credence and attention?

@ Betty P, if I’m remembering correctly, the Meals on Wheels couple came on Friday to bring Betty her meal and found her door ajar, so they entered and placed the food inside, and were careful to leave the door as they found it: ajar. So, at least at the time of the fire station sighting on Thursday at 5pm (the day prior) it would seem her door may not have been locked.

It’s so hard to imagine that no one else saw her! Since she was acting strangely and fearful Thursday at 5pm, and standing in the middle of the road, she surely should have caught more people’s attention.

I sure hope this “new” report is the catalyst to bring Betty home.

Thanks for that info, I was going to re-check the timeline on when her door was ajar vs locked. I just have a feeling she was out wandering around for a few days. She didn't take her meds or eat on Wednesday, but someone saw her at the Fire Station on Thursday, but was gone again on Friday. It sounds like she may have wandered around the neighborhood of her apartment for a while before disappearing completely. I'm surprised her neighbors in the apartment complex didn't see her out walking during that time period.

RSBM for focus

Under the post from Saturday at 5:59 PM [EDT] (“Now we have a 2nd private investigator on mom’s case”), the admin. (Betty’s daughter) comments (in reply to a comment by CA):
“It [The possible sighting] was mentioned to us but I wasn't certain it was her until actually talking to the witness myself. I agree that someone is just not coming forward with what they know. Thank you for the prayers.”

Answering a question from RLD, she says:
“(H)e [the witness] came forward before but we were able to verify his story and get more details about how mom was acting when he saw her. They did interview all sex offenders in the area. May need to re interview though”

She also comments (in reply to a comment by CA):
“(W)e don't really feel she walked because her neighbors would've seen earlier that day and would've seen her walking away. We think there is the possibilty someone may have had her and dropped her off there.”

Also answering a question from CA:
“(W)e are actually wondering if she was dropped off there [at the fire station] after a traumatic event. None of her neighbors saw her that day, she wasn't home when people stopped by, didn't answer her phone, or take her medication all day.”
Bring Betty Home

IIRC, the previous timeline was:
“Alexander’s daughter, Tonya Tolliver, told The Missourian her mother was last seen Wednesday, April 10, around 1:15 p.m. Alexander was at her apartment and had received a delivery from Sinks Pharmacy at that time.

She said the family discovered that Alexander took her medicine that night around 7 p.m., but did not take her medicine the following day. Tolliver said Alexander’s disappearance has been narrowed down to after 7 p.m. and before the morning of Thursday, April 11.” (BBM)
Woman Still Missing After Three Weeks — Family Seeks Clues

RSBM for focus

Under the post from Saturday at 5:59 PM [EDT] (“Now we have a 2nd private investigator on mom’s case”), the admin. (Betty’s daughter) comments (in reply to a comment by CA):
“It [The possible sighting] was mentioned to us but I wasn't certain it was her until actually talking to the witness myself. I agree that someone is just not coming forward with what they know. Thank you for the prayers.”

Answering a question from RLD, she says:
“(H)e [the witness] came forward before but we were able to verify his story and get more details about how mom was acting when he saw her. They did interview all sex offenders in the area. May need to re interview though”

She also comments (in reply to a comment by CA):
“(W)e don't really feel she walked because her neighbors would've seen earlier that day and would've seen her walking away. We think there is the possibilty someone may have had her and dropped her off there.”

Also answering a question from CA:
“(W)e are actually wondering if she was dropped off there [at the fire station] after a traumatic event. None of her neighbors saw her that day, she wasn't home when people stopped by, didn't answer her phone, or take her medication all day.”
Bring Betty Home

IIRC, the previous timeline was:
“Alexander’s daughter, Tonya Tolliver, told The Missourian her mother was last seen Wednesday, April 10, around 1:15 p.m. Alexander was at her apartment and had received a delivery from Sinks Pharmacy at that time.

She said the family discovered that Alexander took her medicine that night around 7 p.m., but did not take her medicine the following day. Tolliver said Alexander’s disappearance has been narrowed down to after 7 p.m. and before the morning of Thursday, April 11.” (BBM)
Woman Still Missing After Three Weeks — Family Seeks Clues

This is such an odd timeline of events. Someone took her somewhere on Wednesday, then dropped her off at her home or the Fire Station around 5 pm Thursday, then she disappeared again after that.

Who would have taken her somewhere and why? After dropping her off on Thursday, did they return the next day to pick her up again or did she wander away? Was LE able to check her phone records to see if someone had been calling her around that time?

Someone asked earlier if anyone in the apartment complex drove and gave rides to others. Years ago, when someone I knew lived there, many of the residents were elderly widows who knew each other. One of them had a car and used to regularly pick up the others to go to the local senior center. I wonder if there was someone in the complex who also gave rides to the senior center for others and brought Betty along that day. The Sullivan Senior Center is a nice place where people go for lunch, games, entertainment, etc. It's very popular.

Sullivan Senior Center

I assume LE checked with the Senior Center to see if anyone saw Betty there. Also assume they asked around the complex to see if someone gave her a ride somewhere.

There is also what is called the OATS van. It provides transportation for the elderly to Dr appointments, etc. From the schedule at their web site, it doesn't look like they provide much service in Sullivan anymore, but do have a weekly trip to Washington, MO.

https://www.oatstransit.org/franklin

I'm guessing LE interviewed drivers and dispatch for any of those public transportation companies as well as local cab drivers.

From inmyhumbleopinion ‘s post #9 on page 1 of Betty’s thread, for Thursday, Apr 11’s timeline that was known at the time (thank you for all the thought and work you did in creating that post, by the way! Amazing.)
Thurs., Apr. 11:
•Time Unknown: A neighbor and a normal cleaning lady talk to Betty at her house. The cleaning lady also brought her food that day.
•3 PM: Seen in her garden.
•5 PM: (Not sure if confirmed as TT says, “We did have a report that detective talked to”) two people who work down the road from Betty. They said as they were getting off from work, they saw her kind of staying on the side of the road, staring at the fire station;

So, what of the neighbor and cleaning lady’s interactions with Betty, as well as the sighting of her in her garden. ( Speaking of, I didn’t see any yard where she had a garden, does anyone else see this garden?) Did they err on the day they talked to/saw her, then?

I am assuming so, if the daughter is now saying (the latest article): “It adds more to the puzzle now, more questions where was she from Wednesday 7 p.m. after taking her medication to Thursday 5 p.m.”

From inmyhumbleopinion ‘s post #9 on page 1 of Betty’s thread, for Thursday, Apr 11’s timeline that was known at the time (thank you for all the thought and work you did in creating that post, by the way! Amazing.)

So, what of the neighbor and cleaning lady’s interactions with Betty, as well as the sighting of her in her garden. ( Speaking of, I didn’t see any yard where she had a garden, does anyone else see this garden?) Did they err on the day they talked to/saw her, then?

I am assuming so, if the daughter is now saying (the latest article): “It adds more to the puzzle now, more questions where was she from Wednesday 7 p.m. after taking her medication to Thursday 5 p.m.”

Unless they have a community garden there, they might be referring to the flower beds around the front of her home/apartment. Those are garden apartments and often residents like to plant their own flowers, etc.

One thing which caught my eye earlier on regarding a timeline, the article mentioned Sinks Pharmacy delivered a prescription. This is where I would start. Who delivered the prescription, what was the prescription and all the details. A local pharmacy near us shorted our prescription by ten pills one time, and another time, the prescription had one refill and they said, "O" refills. These discrepancies were corrected but not UNTIL it was pointed out. It's probably nothing at all, but that's where I would begin.

One thing which caught my eye earlier on regarding a timeline, the article mentioned Sinks Pharmacy delivered a prescription. This is where I would start. Who delivered the prescription, what was the prescription and all the details. A local pharmacy near us shorted our prescription by ten pills one time, and another time, the prescription had one refill and they said, "O" refills. These discrepancies were corrected but not UNTIL it was pointed out. It's probably nothing at all, but that's where I would begin.
I agree that detail hopefully was thoroughly checked. I wonder if there was a camera that picked up the delivery person.

Yes, speaking of her meds, I don’t recall if in Betty’s thread here we’ve included the fact that some of her medication was missing, according to the daughter.

On the Bring Betty Home page, in answer to someone asking what meds were missing, she wrote: “Box 1 of 2 of her Fentanyl patches that were just delivered.” (Bring Betty Home FB page, under post of July 10).

Isn’t that drug a super potent, addictive drug? :eek:To be prescribed multiple boxes of these drug patches...maybe she has been taking this for some chronic pain? I wonder if taking this drug could be a factor in her taking off.

The same July 10 post includes and is about a video, Brainscratch by LordanARTS, dedicated to Betty’s case. Great summary.

Yes, speaking of her meds, I don’t recall if in Betty’s thread here we’ve included the fact that some of her medication was missing, according to the daughter.

On the Bring Betty Home page, in answer to someone asking what meds were missing, she wrote: “Box 1 of 2 of her Fentanyl patches that were just delivered.” (Bring Betty Home FB page, under post of July 10).

Isn’t that drug a super potent, addictive drug? :eek:To be prescribed multiple boxes of these drug patches...maybe she has been taking this for some chronic pain? I wonder if taking this drug could be a factor in her taking off.

The same July 10 post includes and is about a video, Brainscratch by LordanARTS, dedicated to Betty’s case. Great summary.
Fentanyl is a controlled substance that is used by addicts. If you use one too strong, you drop dead of an OD. I am surprised to hear it was box 1 of 2 and that many patches were prescribed. It must have been a very low dose. If the delivery person knew what they were delivering, did they snatch a box? Did they encounter someone during delivery? When the door was left unlocked, did someone enter and snatch a box?

[That's what the Jonathan Minard case here on WS's is about - the OD of a young boy from Fentanyl.]

Thank you for pointing this out. If it was previously mentioned, I missed it. Here is the actual post from the Bring Betty Home FB page. The mention of the meds is in the comments.

Bring Betty Home

Thank you for pointing this out. If it was previously mentioned, I missed it. Here is the actual post from the Bring Betty Home FB page. The mention of the meds is in the comments.

Bring Betty Home
That detail caught my eye immediately! I had no idea what kind of meds were missing, but I read first that Sinks Pharmacy delivered meds. Then I read on here, that daughter reported some of her meds were missing. Was she a cancer survivor? Several years ago, a young man stole some of his own Mother's pain patches (she had breast cancer) and they found him dead of an overdose. Why Betty would be missing is still a mystery. I can't understand why they would have kidnapped? her, if that's what happened.

I hadn't noticed that. It certainly puts things in a different light. The county has struggled with drug abuse and related criminal activity in recent years. Ten to twenty years ago, they struggled with meth addiction, but they eventually seemed to get that under control. More recently, it's opiods and fentanyl.

Controlled substances must be signed for. So who signed for the fentanyl?? Was that the drug that was delivered that day? Maybe whoever took it knew it was being delivered that day.

The daughter worded it (regarding what medication was missing): “Box 1 of 2 of her Fentanyl patches that were just delivered.”

So, I do think it was delivered that Wed . But if someone took it, seems odd they would steal only one of the two boxes. Or maybe that was by design—maybe by only taking one, the thief thought it might get overlooked or explained away, that Betty or family would just think she must have misplaced it.

JUL 24, 2019
Three Months Pass With No Sighting Of Betty Alexander
[...]

The family continues to offer a $3,000 reward for information leading to her whereabouts, but no one has come forward with the critical information needed to help solve the case.

Sullivan Police, private investigators and Missouri State Highway Patrol Investigative Division have all continued to work on it.

No new information has surfaced.

“We do continue to work on this case, but there has not been any new information gathered at this time,” said Sullivan Police Lt. Patrick Johnson.

TT Alexander’s daughter, has continued to work on the efforts to locate her mother by helping to organize many efforts.

TT continues to try and update the public through the Facebook page “Bring Betty Home.”

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back