GUILTY MO - Bobbi Jo Stinnett, 23, slain, fetus stolen, Skidmore, 16 Dec 2004

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I seriously truely believe that half if not more then half of the crimes in the USA would NOT happen to begin with if we made the new law AN EYE FOR AN EYE! Yes it may sound barbaric to some but I bet it would deter alot of people from doing stuff.

Mygirlsadie said:
I seriously truely believe that half if not more then half of the crimes in the USA would NOT happen to begin with if we made the new law AN EYE FOR AN EYE! Yes it may sound barbaric to some but I bet it would deter alot of people from doing stuff.
I agree with your suggestion - an eye for an eye - but I do doubt it would stop the truly vile and/or vicious criminals as they simply have their own rules and perceptions of reality which obviously does not include consideration for law or anyone other than themselves.

One would have thought that the ignorant, murdering Scott Peterson trial would have sent a message to potential wife murders that divorce is an option - it did not obviously. The death penalty itself is not a sufficient deterent to crime with respect to those that have personality disorders - the law is of no consideration to them nor are the consequences for breaking it. JMO

It is a procedure in facilities. Anyone entering a facility is placed on suicide watch until they are booked and will stay on those checks until they are not deamed a suicide threat. If a suicide attempt was made after they were cleared, then they are back on suicide watch. It is procedure, no matter who you are.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

madgallico said:
My thoughts exactly.
The complete lack of regard for Bobbie Jo's life is unbelievable. Bobbie Jo was on the brink of a wonderful life with a beautiful daughter. She had a husband who loved them both. Then this SELFISH excuse for a human being took all that away from them & their loved ones. :furious: Suicide is typical for a coward like that.
------------------

madgallico~Jared is a beautiful little Angel.

Does anyone know if this trial is still a go for April??? I hope so, it's way past time.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- A federal judge Thursday postponed the trial of a woman accused of killing an expectant mother and cutting her fetus from the womb until Oct. 1.
Judge Gary A. Fenner set the new date for Lisa Montgomery's trial to allow more time for mental health experts to complete evaluations.
Montgomery, 39, was scheduled to go on trial April 30 on one federal count of kidnapping resulting in death.
She has pleaded not guilty, and her lawyers announced last month that they would rely partly on a defense of "diminished capacity," commonly called the insanity defense. It requires mental health evaluations.
Prosecutors said there wasn't enough time before April 30 for their experts to interview Montgomery and write their reports. Defense attorneys said theirs also needed more time.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/PREGNANT_WOMAN_SLAIN?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

After 2.5 years - both sides remain unprepared to bring this to trial - this is shameful !

Awesome!! MAY THERE BE JUSTICE FOR BOBBIE JO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:woohoo:

Does anyone know of any updates on how Victoria and her dad Zeb are doing? I have thought of them often.

I am ready for news.....ANY news. Anyone planning on attending the trial?

In the week before the trial, there was a flurry of court filings.
One by the defense asked U.S. District Judge Gary A. Fenner to block prosecutors from showing a video, "A Live C-Section Surgery from First Cut to Last Stitch."
Prosecutors have agreed to not show the video to jurors but do intend to show that Montgomery accessed a Web site featuring that video, accessed other websites with "how-to-do" Caesarean section information in the delivery of a baby, and selected a how-to-do a C-section video for her computer, which wouldn't display it.

http://cjonline.com/stories/100107/kan_204355488.shtml

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinLu
Back