GUILTY MO - Bobbi Jo Stinnett, 23, slain, fetus stolen, Skidmore, 16 Dec 2004

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She is just the sweetest looking little baby,what a precious sweetheart.I feel so sorry that Bobbi Jo's life was taken away like that and not being able to hold her baby,I really hope Lisa Montgomery gets the death penalty.She deserves it for this grisly crime.I am sure Victoria Jo is getting much love and attention and she looks very happy.Feel so sad for Zeb also,he must have a hard time going on and then seeing his sweet baby without her mother.

Mainepotato, thank you so much for posting this. Tori Jo is beautiful and looks exactly like Bobbie Jo...I know that must be such a comfort to her family, to look into those sweet eyes and see Bobbie there. I see a tiny bit of Zeb, too, I think, in her sweet little face. What a little angel. May Lisa Montgomery pay with her life for what she has done to this family, and thank you, Lord, for the health of this angel.

englishleigh... Tori Jo is beautiful and looks exactly like Bobbie Jo...[/QUOTE said:
The little angel does look like her mother. What a sad tragedy that the mother's life was taken. However, I am very happy that the baby survived and was reunited with her Dad.

Does anybody know who her other children are now living with, I do remember there father was applying for custody?

sharon25 said:
She'd better NOT kill herself!!

I want her to live a long and miserable life.

I want her to go through a trial where she is forced to re-live the horror & pain she inflicted on that poor girl and is made to feel like the miserable animal she is, then receive the federal death penalty.

englishleigh said:
I want her to go through a trial where she is forced to re-live the horror & pain she inflicted on that poor girl and is made to feel like the miserable animal she is, then receive the federal death penalty.
that depends on what method they use there.

I have no sympathy or mercy for this "woman"

sharon25 said:
.I have no sympathy or mercy for this "woman"
My thoughts exactly.
The complete lack of regard for Bobbie Jo's life is unbelievable. Bobbie Jo was on the brink of a wonderful life with a beautiful daughter. She had a husband who loved them both. Then this SELFISH excuse for a human being took all that away from them & their loved ones. :furious: Suicide is typical for a coward like that.

A top national death penalty opponent asked Thursday to help defend Lisa Montgomery, the Kansas woman accused of killing a pregnant Missourian and kidnapping her unborn baby.

Judy Clarke, whose clients have included some of the most reviled defendants in recent U.S. history, filed paperwork in federal court asking to join two other lawyers now representing Montgomery. Clarke is a federal public defender based in California.

Montgomery is charged with kidnapping resulting in death. She is accused of strangling Bobbi Jo Stinnett of Skidmore, Mo., and cutting her unborn baby from her womb in December. Investigators have alleged that Montgomery took the baby girl to her home in Melvern, Kan., and told her husband and children that she had given birth.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/12838112.htm

Remembrance service Friday for Stinnett

Dec. 16 marks one-year anniversary of horrible murder in Skidmore

Forum Staff Report

Friday is the one-year anniversary of the murder of Bobbie Jo Stinnett in Skidmore, Mo., and it is also Victoria Jo Stinnett's first birthday.

To memorialize the event, a group of Skidmore residents is holding a remembrance service at 7 p.m. Friday in Skidmore's uptown park.

"Bobbie Jo grew up in this community," said Cheryl Huston, one of the event's organizers. "Most of us here watched her grow up. When a family loses someone who we all watched grow up, the whole community loses them."

Stinnett was killed at her home on Dec. 16, 2004, when she was eight months pregnant. The killer sliced open Stinnett's womb and removed the baby inside. Lisa Montgomery of Melvern, Kan., is awaiting trial for the murder. The baby was returned safely to her father, Zeb Stinnett, and was later named Victoria Jo.

http://www.maryvilledailyforum.com/articles/2005/12/14/news/news2.txt

Note: Lisa Montgomery goes on trial in April...I hope we'll have a forum for this case.
:behindbar

It doesn't seem like a year has gone by.

I noticed this article says the maternal grandmother is limited in visitation. Unless she's a terrible person, this is very sad. She lost her daughter and her granddaughter in that case.

SewingDeb said:
It doesn't seem like a year has gone by.

I noticed this article says the maternal grandmother is limited in visitation. Unless she's a terrible person, this is very sad. She lost her daughter and her granddaughter in that case.

Exactly, what is up with that? I don't understand Zeb not allowing Bobbie's mom all the time she wants with the baby......must be some stuff we aren't privy to going on there.

Today is the anniversary of this horrible thing...and Tory is one today. Here's another article explaining the problem between Zeb and Bobbie's mom. I can see both sides of their argument but I think it is cruel for him to keep Bobbie's mom away from the baby!!

Husband, mother disagree on visitation and on what girl should be told about bizarre murder
Squabble mars vigil one year after killing
By KEVIN MURPHY
The Kansas City Star

SKIDMORE, Mo. — One year ago today, Bobbie Jo Stinnett died when her baby was cut from her womb in a gruesome kidnapping that drew national notoriety.

Tonight, friends and family will pay tribute to Stinnett and her daughter, Victoria Jo, who survived.

But the pain and tempered joy of the candlelight vigil will tell only part of the story of a difficult year for some of those closest to Bobbie Jo.

Becky Harper, 46, and Zeb Stinnett, 24, Bobbie Jo’s mother and husband, have waged a court dispute over how much time Harper can spend with Victoria Jo and what Harper should someday tell the girl about her mother’s death. Tonight’s event will show support for Harper, organizers said.

“We are doing this because she is a friend and this is a community,” said Cheryl Huston, who has known Harper for many years. “We take care of each other.”

In a larger sense, Huston said, she hopes the event “sets an example for the rest of the country” about the importance of grandparents’ rights.

Lisa Montgomery of Melvern, Kan., who allegedly killed Bobbie Jo Stinnett and claimed the baby as her own, awaits trial on a federal charge of kidnapping that resulted in death. She has pleaded not guilty.

Victoria Jo is walking now, and “she jabbers,” said her maternal great-grandmother, Pat Day of Skidmore.

“Her hair is brown and she has big eyes like her mother had,” Day said.

A year ago this afternoon, Harper found Stinnett in a pool of blood in her small house in Skidmore. Investigators said Montgomery strangled Stinnett from behind and cut out her 8-month fetus with a kitchen knife. Detectives recovered the baby the next day in Melvern.

Stinnett’s death was a devastating blow to Harper, but she found comfort in spending a lot of time with Victoria Jo, said Carla Wetzel, who helped organize tonight’s memorial.

But Zeb Stinnett reduced Harper’s visits with the baby. In late July, Harper filed a petition in Holt County Circuit Court demanding more time.

Stinnett responded to the petition in August, stating that he only temporarily cut Harper’s time because her behavior had become “bizarre” and she broke into his house to get some items “supposedly” owned by Bobbie Jo.

Harper, in an interview, said she did not break in but had a key and was entitled to her daughter’s things. Harper said she was concerned that a woman friend of Stinnett’s would end up with the items.

“I took some things because they were things my mom had bought and I didn’t want this other woman to have them,” Harper said. “I want something left of my daughter’s. I want my granddaughter to have this stuff, if nothing else.”

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/13418151.htm

Sounds like Zeb already has a girlfriend....which is fine, but I can understand Bobbie's mom not wanting her daughter's things to end up with this woman...she wants to be able to give them to Victoria herself someday.

I wonder if the two had sat down and talked about the belongings that Bobbi's mother wanted? I can understand Bobbi's mother wanting to keep certain things for Tori Jo but she really didn't have the right to go in and take them. That only caused the problems that they are now having.

I wonder what Zeb and Bobbi's mother's relationship was like before Bobbi was murdered. If they had a good one they should have been able to talk and Bobbi's mom explain what she would like to see put away and saved for Tori Jo. That is Zeb's house now and she really shouldn't have had a key to it.

I'm sure that it bothers Bobbi's mom that Zeb has a girlfriend. Maybe she had fears that she would be pushed out if he remarrys. For Zeb having a female in his life is probably nice. For Bobbi's mom it is probably really hard as it had only been a year and someone else was taking her daughter's place and getting close to Bobbi's daughter. Difficult all the way around but if the mother doesn't back off she is going to be the loser in this one.

As far as what Tori Jo will be told....that should be up to her daddy. I believe in being honest with children according to their age and what they can understand. You can be sure that if Zeb doesn't tell Tori Jo the story of her birth when she is older she will hear about it from someone. What he decides should be up to him though and not the Bobbi's mother. She is out of line there.

Zeb sounds like a nice proud daddy. I'm sure that little girl is getting lots of love and good care. I hope he has found peace and that his life is full of love.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - A judge has delayed the trial of a Kansas woman accused of strangling an expectant mother and cutting the baby from her womb.

Lisa Montgomery, 37, of Melvern, Kan., won't face trial until Oct. 23 on a federal charge of kidnapping resulting in death, U.S. Magistrate Judge John Maughmer ruled Monday. She had faced an April trial date.

http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/news/state/13695865.htm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back