GUILTY MO - Bobbi Jo Stinnett, 23, slain, fetus stolen, Skidmore, 16 Dec 2004

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was wondering if we would hear about audio or visual hallucinations but seems Ms. Montgomery did not suffer from that particular problem:

http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/319413.html

Montgomery told her that she did not remember committing the crime that she was charged with, McCandless testified.
According to McCandless, Montgomery said, “I must have done it because I had that baby. I can’t think I would do something like that.”
Montgomery also told her, “I deserve to die if I did that,” McCandless testified.
At that time, Montgomery denied having any auditory or visual hallucinations, McCandless said.
McCandless’ initial diagnosis was that Montgomery suffered from bipolar disorder, depression and alcohol dependency.

The defense has rested:

http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/321116.html

Persons suffering from such a delusion will go as far as manufacturing evidence to cling to their delusion, Ramachandran said.
First Assistant U.S. Attorney Matt Whitworth questioned Ramachandran about all the evidence against Montgomery and the inconsistent statements she gave about her alleged pregnancy in the months leading up to Stinnett’s killing.
He testified that “fluctuations” in a person’s stories would be consistent with an emotionally disturbed person in a delusional state.“Despite all this evidence you contend that she didn’t know it was wrong?” Whitworth asked.
“That is correct,” Ramachandran answered.

Dr. Daniel Martell, a rebuttal witness for the prosecution, testified that tests he and two other mental health experts administered showed Montgomery was exaggerating some symptoms of mental illness. Martell determined Montgomery had been faking mental illness to help her defense.
"I think she is a manipulative woman who will say what she needs in a situation to turn it to her advantage," he testified.

http://www.kansascity.com/440/story/321429.html

Dr. Daniel Martell, a rebuttal witness for the prosecution, testified that tests he and two other mental health experts administered showed Montgomery was exaggerating some symptoms of mental illness. Martell determined Montgomery had been faking mental illness to help her defense.
"I think she is a manipulative woman who will say what she needs in a situation to turn it to her advantage," he testified.

http://www.kansascity.com/440/story/321429.html

As I thought - high IQ for Ms. Montgomery...

http://cjonline.com/stories/101807/kan_209460211.shtml

Martell spent three days in May and two days in June conducting psychological testing on Montgomery He found that she had an IQ of 120, which is in the superior range. Montgomery would have scored higher, but she didn't give her best effort, Martell said. Montgomery pretended to have a memory problem and a mood disorder, including depression, Martell said.
Montgomery has post-traumatic stress disorder, which results from exposure to terrifying events, including assaults, Martell said.

The illustrious bs artist (IMO) Park Dietz is to be on the stand today. Lets hope he is no longer consulting for Law & Order and has learned that lying on the stand is not a good thing. I must say, I don't think any of these brain doctors has a real clue - their stories seem to vary more than Ms. Montgomery's do. JMO.

From the same link:

Martell said the PTSD could be the result of suffering physical and sexual abuse as a child and a teen, but it also could stem from strangling Bobbie Jo Stinnett, then cutting Victoria Jo Stinnett from her mother's belly and due to sitting in jail facing trial.

-----
Heh. In a nutshell, COG.
MOO and stuff.

From the same link:

Martell said the PTSD could be the result of suffering physical and sexual abuse as a child and a teen, but it also could stem from strangling Bobbie Jo Stinnett, then cutting Victoria Jo Stinnett from her mother's belly and due to sitting in jail facing trial.

-----
Heh. In a nutshell, COG.
MOO and stuff.

I'm thinking sitting in jail would stress me out as well :D Guilty or not.

The above seems like a wash to me since Martell could not determine which triggered the PTSD but conceeded either could have and agreeing she did experience PTSD. I don't believe there is one of these brain doctors that can actually and truthfully answer the real question - legally sane or not. It appears they all have differing methods of reaching their conclusions and collecting their paychecks.

If nothing else, they seem to add nothing but confusion.

Come on,, people-- just give her the death sentence already!!! She ain't 'legally insane'.. she's legally EVIL.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtroRed
Back