GUILTY MO - Carl DeBrodie, 31, Fulton, disabled, beaten to death, encased in concrete, 17 Apr 2017 *Arrests

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This just makes me so angry. How in the heck can someone harm someone that cannot fight back? I am so tired of the ugly in this world.

When was the last time his family was in contact with him or saw him?

So heartbreaking.

I am trying to find who was the court appointed Guardian for the last few years, and the link for it. Because this has turned Criminal a lot of the interviews with family members have been taken down. One of the family members stated that they had not been able to see him for the last couple years because the "guardian" had limited access. I saw the interview but cannot find it now, so I guess I will leave it as rumor until I do.

I suspect that someone continued to collect state money for his care when in fact he was gone. For how long I don't know.

JMO

ABC 17 News called the Department of Mental Health, which oversees Second Chance. We are waiting for more details and background on Second Chance.*
ABC 17 News spoke with*DeBrodie's mother who said the family hasn't been able to see DeBrodie for a few years. They say it was hard to make scheduled visits with him at the group home or with his caretaker.*
Family members said Tuesday they just want answers.*
"Answers is all we are asking for. We don't know what went on. We just want answers," said Nicolas Clark, DeBrodie's brother.
http://www.abc17news.com/news/former-guardian-says-debrodie-changed-in-second-chances-care/463537878

Below is Court Docket entries per Casenet.mo.gov

01/18/2017
Order Approving Status Report
Annual guardianship report reviewed and approved. CE/aa
*****Filed By: CAROL ENGLAND
01/11/2017
Status/Annl Report Filing
ANNUAL REPORT OF GUARDIAN; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
*****Filed By: DEREAMA KAREN DIGH

*****On Behalf Of: KAREN DIGH-ALLEN

Below is Court Docket entries per Casenet.mo.gov

01/18/2017
Order Approving Status Report
Annual guardianship report reviewed and approved. CE/aa
*****Filed By: CAROL ENGLAND
01/11/2017
Status/Annl Report Filing
ANNUAL REPORT OF GUARDIAN; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
*****Filed By: DEREAMA KAREN DIGH

*****On Behalf Of: KAREN DIGH-ALLEN
Karen Digh-Allen is the name I got as well.

She is the Callaway County Public Administrator:
"Karen Digh Allen, is the Public Administrator and has served Callaway County since 1997. Karen is a graduate of Fulton High School; William Woods College and Washburn University Law School."
https://callawaycounty.org/public-administrator/

An article from when she was running for the office last July:
"I've been the Callaway County Public Administrator since 1997. I have nine years as legal counsel for state of Missouri agencies dealing with nursing home licensure, social services, and corrections. I am a National Certified Guardian; attorney at law; have served as guardian/conservator for more than 500 individuals."
[BBM: I realize she has been doing this for 20 years, but that still sounds like a lot of people, IMO.]
http://www.fultonsun.com/news/local...e-experience-gaurdian-and-conservator/633152/

Re: The Missouri Court of Appeals' judgement denying the petition by one of Carl's previous guardians to adopt him:
"Karen Digh Allen, Carl‟s legal guardian, also testified. She testified that she became Carl's legal guardian in 2008. She testified that Mary's [the party seeking adoption] behaviors have caused a lot of the professionals involved in Carl‟s case to feel that Mary was often 'stirring the pot' by getting
Carl's mother upset, having the mother call, and causing problems in general. Allen testified that
her office has tried to be neutral and objective, however. She testified that the 'team' involved
in Carl‟s case management determined that Carl's visits with Mary should be supervised, in part
because when he returned from visits with Mary he exhibited strange or distressful behaviors."
http://cases.justia.com/missouri/court-of-appeals/2014-wd77236.pdf?ts=1414511234

This stinks to high heaven! I think there are at least several people who should be in deep doo doo right now!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

seems like this is what occurred :(

I am trying to find who was the court appointed Guardian for the last few years, and the link for it. Because this has turned Criminal a lot of the interviews with family members have been taken down. One of the family members stated that they had not been able to see him for the last couple years because the "guardian" had limited access. I saw the interview but cannot find it now, so I guess I will leave it as rumor until I do.

I suspect that someone continued to collect state money for his care when in fact he was gone. For how long I don't know.

JMO

ABC 17 News called the Department of Mental Health, which oversees Second Chance. We are waiting for more details and background on Second Chance.*
ABC 17 News spoke with*DeBrodie's mother who said the family hasn't been able to see DeBrodie for a few years. They say it was hard to make scheduled visits with him at the group home or with his caretaker.*
Family members said Tuesday they just want answers.*
"Answers is all we are asking for. We don't know what went on. We just want answers," said Nicolas Clark, DeBrodie's brother.
http://www.abc17news.com/news/former-guardian-says-debrodie-changed-in-second-chances-care/463537878

she seemed like she was denying access because his family was concerned... wtf

Karen Digh-Allen is the name I got as well.

She is the Callaway County Public Administrator:
"Karen Digh Allen, is the Public Administrator and has served Callaway County since 1997. Karen is a graduate of Fulton High School; William Woods College and Washburn University Law School."
https://callawaycounty.org/public-administrator/

An article from when she was running for the office last July:
"I've been the Callaway County Public Administrator since 1997. I have nine years as legal counsel for state of Missouri agencies dealing with nursing home licensure, social services, and corrections. I am a National Certified Guardian; attorney at law; have served as guardian/conservator for more than 500 individuals."
[BBM: I realize she has been doing this for 20 years, but that still sounds like a lot of people, IMO.]
http://www.fultonsun.com/news/local...e-experience-gaurdian-and-conservator/633152/

Re: The Missouri Court of Appeals' judgement denying the petition by one of Carl's previous guardians to adopt him:
"Karen Digh Allen, Carl‟s legal guardian, also testified. She testified that she became Carl's legal guardian in 2008. She testified that Mary's [the party seeking adoption] behaviors have caused a lot of the professionals involved in Carl‟s case to feel that Mary was often 'stirring the pot' by getting
Carl's mother upset, having the mother call, and causing problems in general. Allen testified that
her office has tried to be neutral and objective, however. She testified that the 'team' involved
in Carl‟s case management determined that Carl's visits with Mary should be supervised, in part
because when he returned from visits with Mary he exhibited strange or distressful behaviors."
http://cases.justia.com/missouri/court-of-appeals/2014-wd77236.pdf?ts=1414511234

she seemed like she was denying access because his family was concerned... wtf

Makes one wonder. Like the previous guardian was creating too much work for her and her office -from her perspective-, so she testified basically against them to punish them. It probably wouldn't have been good for her political career, either, if she'd lost. I hope that we get to hear from her soon.

Someone went to great lengths to hide Carl's body(hate typing that) by encasing him in cement.
They could have just reported he was a runaway. I am sure LE knows a lot more since they found a/his body quickly and was pretty sure without a formal id that it was him.
#Justice for Carl DeBrodie.

A body believed to be missing man Carl DeBrodie was recovered from a storage unit a quarter-mile away from the Fulton Police Department on Monday afternoon, Sgt. Bill Ladwig confirmed.

Police said the body was wrapped in plastic and entombed in a concrete-filled trash container, which was inside a wooden crate

The medical examiner's report was unavailable, but Myers said there weren't any immediately obvious signs of foul play on the body.

Ladwig said the team of investigators assigned to the case executed more than a dozen search warrants in Fulton and Columbia.

A group of searchers, including members of DeBrodie's family, were near Moore EZ Storage on Monday evening when police found the body. The body was somewhat decomposed.

http://www.fultonsun.com/news/local/story/2017/apr/26/fulton-body-encased-concrete/671363/

Sorry, if i may be repeating info. I just cant get over this.

I know the family is a victim but I do wonder how often they visited and checked up on his care. I guess we may know later if this was preventable when we find out who did this to him. As terrible as it may sound I hope he was already deceased when put in the concrete tomb.

Makes one wonder. Like the previous guardian was creating too much work for her and her office -from her perspective-, so she testified basically against them to punish them. It probably wouldn't have been good for her political career, either, if she'd lost. I hope that we get to hear from her soon.

Thank You so much for your input and help. My main point above is to point that this young man was not forgotten by family or others. The casenet docket goes back 10 years and shows how they tried to intervene yet the Court appointees interceded and won for whatever reason.

My Brother worked as a administrator of a State Mental Hospital his entire career until he retired. When we were growing up we called him the professional student while going to college. He has degrees in several areas. His only unhappiness in his job had to do with working with the State courts and professional "guardians". In both cases none of the above had ever laid eyes or interacted with the client.

When family or loved ones can act as "guardians" it should be welcomed and encouraged. As he says it is very rare. So many are left and just warehoused by the system. These professional "guardians" are paid by the State, do not make one on one visits usually and rubber stamp annual reports to the State.

I would be interested to know when was the last time this "guardian" personally visited or saw this client.

This case deserves all the outrage it can muster over a failed system that help this young man to not only fall through the cracks, but quite literally into a coniner of concrete.

JMO

I want to bump this for this young man, just so others know his story. His is not missing, he is confirmed deceased, but still... the inhumanity is just beyond the beyond. Heartbreaking. Not even sure anyone really loved this man.

I've been unable to comment. I was the guardian for a young man who was developmentally disabled. My heart hurts for Carl and Mary. I cannot even begin to come up with the right words.... There is a special place for those who love people with special needs of any kind. And there is a special place for those that hurt then. Karma is a bit*h.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I wonder if they'll revoke her National Guardian Excellence Award? The one person to rate her on her professional facebook page wasn't a fan, but he didn't leave a review. Maybe they should take a look at anyone else she's guardianed. :thinking:

she probably did not know that he was dead, but she was not checking on him like she should have. she will be in deep doo doo and this whole thing will unravel a lot of stuff, I predict. untrained workers at the group home, prob no background checks, etc.

corporate world saving money....

I wonder if they'll revoke her National Guardian Excellence Award? The one person to rate her on her professional facebook page wasn't a fan, but he didn't leave a review. Maybe they should take a look at anyone else she's guardianed. :thinking:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachstatesleuth
Back