GUILTY MO - Carl DeBrodie, 31, Fulton, disabled, beaten to death, encased in concrete, 17 Apr 2017 *Arrests

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe the biggest problem in this case is that ultimately it is the State of Missouri who bears the largest part of responsibility in this case. The parents already are on, and have been on disability as they are challenged as well. Thus Carl was awarded to the Custody of MO State when he turned 21. The State does not want to shoot themselves in the foot and pay a family more money than they already have over all these years, and still do.

So other than paying punitive damages, and who do they pay them to? Who can claim a "loss" for compensatory damages? It may sound heartless but legally who is financially at the loss for the lawsuit?

{Before anyone starts going for sticks to put my head on, let me be CLEAR that I am talking about FINANCIAL damages and NOT criminal damages.}

JMO

Last edited:
Criminal charges filed in Carl DeBrodie death
Five defendants named in grand jury indictment

Sherry K. Paulo, 53, of Fulton, who was indicted for the following offenses:
Count I – the class D felony of client neglect,
Count II – the class C felony of involuntary manslaughter in the first degree,
Count III – the class D felony of abandonment of a corpse,
Count IV – the class A misdemeanor of making a false report of a missing person,
Count V – the class A misdemeanor of making a false report of a missing person.

Anthony R. Flores, 58, of Fulton, who was indicted for the following offenses:
Count I- the class D felony of client neglect,
Count III – the class D felony of abandonment of a corpse,
Count IV – the class A misdemeanor of making a false report of a missing person,

Anthony R.K. Flores, 32, of Fulton, who was indicted for the following offenses:
Count I – the class A misdemeanor of making a false report of a missing person,
Count II – the class A misdemeanor of making a false report of a missing person.

Shaina A. Osborne, 29, of Fulton, who was indicted for the following offense:
Count I – the class A misdemeanor of making a false report of a missing person.

Mary K. Paulo, 34, of Fulton, who was indicted for the following offense:
Count I – the class A misdemeanor of making a false report of a missing person.

www.abc17news.com/news/criminal-charges-filed-in-carl-debrodie-death/749535795

I have not seen so much "deference" given to Federal Charges in any case. While the City Of Fulton, the County Of Callaway, State Of Missouri and Federal Department Of Justice have all been playing spin the Case these and other defendants have been out coordinating stories to figure out who's to blame. My bet is the other "client" or patient who already is institutionalized.

In my opinion it has been the Civil case that has caused authorities to act or get off the pot.

JMO

"The indictment ordered that Sherry Paulo and Anthony Flores be held without bond"

A misdemeanor held without bond?

"After the indictments were issued in March, they remained under seal at the request of Callaway County Prosecuting Attorney (Christopher D. Wilson). I (Wilson) made the decision to keep the indictments sealed until (Christopher D. Wilson) was fully satisfied that proceeding with the state criminal charges would have no negative impact on the federal investigation and/or potential prosecution of federal criminal charges," wrote the Callaway County Prosecuting Attorney.

The statement said, "the Missouri Attorney General will serve as special prosecutor to review the investigation with respect to the actions of the Callaway County Public administrator and any employee in that office."

Five charged in the death of Carl Debrodie

Last edited:
This attorney seems to sum it up pretty good, IMO.

Callaway County Public Administrator doesn't want to hand over Carl DeBrodie-related files
Harris wrote in the lawsuit, they are seeking tax and financial information from the county divisions. "The public's right to this information is absolutely essential. All of the individuals involved in this action are state actors -including one elected official- and all of the individuals involved receive a substantial amount of money from the State of Missouri for their services," Harris wrote.

"If [the parties] are concerned with embarassment and hard to their professional reputations, such will not result from a lack of protective order related to their personnel files; the embarassment and humiliation to their professional reputations will/has come from their dereliction of duties in caring for the well-being of Carl DeBrodie."

Callaway County Public Administrator doesn't want to hand over Carl DeBrodie-related files

"The indictment ordered that Sherry Paulo and Anthony Flores be held without bond"

A misdemeanor held without bond?
RSBM for focus

While the other three defendants are only facing misdemeanor charges, Sherry K. Paulo and Anthony R. Flores have been charged with three felony counts each:

“Sherry K. Paulo, 53, of Fulton, who was indicted for the following offenses:
Count I – the class D felony of client neglect,
Count III – the class D felony of abandonment of a corpse

Anthony R. Flores, 58, of Fulton, who was indicted for the following offenses:
Count I- the class D felony of client neglect,
Count III – the class D felony of abandonment of a corpse
Count V – the class A misdemeanor of making a false report of a missing person.” (BBM)

Criminal charges filed in Carl DeBrodie death

Thanks again for the updates, jggordo.

I have not seen so much "deference" given to Federal Charges in any case. While the City Of Fulton, the County Of Callaway, State Of Missouri and Federal Department Of Justice have all been playing spin the Case these and other defendants have been out coordinating stories to figure out who's to blame. My bet is the other "client" or patient who already is institutionalized.

In my opinion it has been the Civil case that has caused authorities to act or get off the pot.

JMO

Completely agree.

My only hope is that federal charges are forthcoming and soon.

Debrodie%20defendants_1528200642353.PNG_11773619_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Defendant in DeBrodie case bonds out of jail, pleads not guilty

According to court records, both Mary Paulo and Sherry Paulo have pleaded not guilty. Sherry Paulo, who was the manager of Second Chance Homes, where DeBrodie was living before he died, also waived her arraignment and requested bond to be set. Currently, Sherry Paulo is in the Callaway County jail on no bond.

Federal charges could yield life sentences for defendants in DeBrodie case

www.abc17news.com/news/defendant-in-debrodie-case-bonds-out-of-jail-pleads-not-guilty/750131015

**There are links to Court Documents filed at above link**

Last edited:
Missouri Attorney General files motion to dismiss state workers from DeBrodie wrongful death lawsuit

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - The Missouri Attorney General's Office filed a motion on Tuesday to dismiss workers employed by the state from the DeBrodie wrongful death lawsuit since DeBrodie wasn't in the state's custody.

www.abc17news.com/news/crime/missouri-attorney-general-files-motion-to-dismiss-state-workers-from-debrodie-wrongful-death-lawsuit/752652723

It seems that the AG has finally weighed in on this case that is over a year old. Not to make sure the people who violated Carl DeBrodie's Civil Rights and caused his death, but to prevent state workers from having to pay for anything in a civil case. To me that is sad on top of sad. This is the AG who was just elected and is spending his time running for State Senate. A State where the Governor just resigned to deal out of Criminal charges. These people are a piece of work.

JMO

Last edited:
Missouri Attorney General files motion to dismiss state workers from DeBrodie wrongful death lawsuit

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - The Missouri Attorney General's Office filed a motion on Tuesday to dismiss workers employed by the state from the DeBrodie wrongful death lawsuit since DeBrodie wasn't in the state's custody.

www.abc17news.com/news/crime/missouri-attorney-general-files-motion-to-dismiss-state-workers-from-debrodie-wrongful-death-lawsuit/752652723

It seems that the AG has finally weighed in on this case that is over a year old. Not to make sure the people who violated Carl DeBrodie's Civil Rights and caused his death, but to prevent state workers from having to pay for anything in a civil case. To me that is sad on top of sad. This is the AG who was just elected and is spending his time running for State Senate. A State where the Governor just resigned to deal out of Criminal charges. These people are a piece of work.

JMO
Indeed they are. I’m disgusted.

JMO

unbelievable... oh wait

This is the strangest case I have ever seen. The Grand Jury handed down indictments on 3/30/2018. A Warrant was not issued until 6/01/2018. Some of these defendants currently are being held on Misdemeanor Charges and Bond denied. Do you think they are holding them for Federal charges? I don't get it.
JMO
06/15/2018
Bond Investigation Ordered
Hearing Held
Defendant appears on CALLAWAY COUNTY JAIL video with Kays, FORMAL ARRAIGNMENT WAIVED, PLEA OF NOT GUILTY ENTERED, TRIAL SETTING DOCKET, Bond hearing held, Defendant's motion for surety bond Denied. BOND INVESTIGATION ordered. KC/kb
Scheduled For: 06/15/2018; 1:30 PM ; KEVIN M J CRANE; Callaway

This is the strangest case I have ever seen. The Grand Jury handed down indictments on 3/30/2018. A Warrant was not issued until 6/01/2018. Some of these defendants currently are being held on Misdemeanor Charges and Bond denied. Do you think they are holding them for Federal charges? I don't get it.
JMO
06/15/2018
Bond Investigation Ordered
Hearing Held
Defendant appears on CALLAWAY COUNTY JAIL video with Kays, FORMAL ARRAIGNMENT WAIVED, PLEA OF NOT GUILTY ENTERED, TRIAL SETTING DOCKET, Bond hearing held, Defendant's motion for surety bond Denied. BOND INVESTIGATION ordered. KC/kb
Scheduled For: 06/15/2018; 1:30 PM ; KEVIN M J CRANE; Callaway

I don't know but I hope each and every one goes down hard!!! I'm trying to think how things went when I called in abuse cases. In the biggest one I remember, I contacted the state of Louisiana adult protection and called into the state community home abuse line, which the best, most Cajun, kick *advertiser censored* dude would call me back. He came and arrested the staff member. When it went to court, it was in new orleans, which makes me think it was state. BUT.... these homes are Medicaid funded. So, if this would have been something that I did that both abused a clent and stole money from the system, I think it would be different. Even though Louisiana medicaid covers stuff, I know we were federally monitored because every 8 or 10 years, instead of having a state audit, I would get "the feds". Total nightmare , by the way. Total! So, I wonder if they are slowly proceeding because some of the crimes would be state and some would be federal. I am going to hope that is it because I don't know how else to explain it other than to say these residents are EXTREMELY protected by abuse laws, the state, advocacy centers, medicaid... you name it. The slowness and seeimg lack of concern of it does not make sense. But, if all of these oversight agencies are just trying to line up allllll the lawyers to consult and decide what charges are brought through what avenues, then I am very ok with that. But none of these people should be free in the meantime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18
Back