GUILTY MO - Carl DeBrodie, 31, Fulton, disabled, beaten to death, encased in concrete, 17 Apr 2017 *Arrests

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Apparently the Civil case has prompted evidence to come to light. How can ANY LEO or official to allow this kind of thing go without ANY arrest for well over a year?
"Documents say instead of calling 911 or other emergency assistance, Flores and the resident carried Carl upstairs and placed him in a bathtub with the shower running. Carl was bleeding from his nose and mouth and continued to convulse in the bathtub. Documents say "no life-saving measures were attempted that night with respect to Carl, Carl died as a result of the episode. Carl remained in the bathtub for two or three days until he was ultimately placed into the City of Fulton trash can, encased in concrete, and placed into a storage unit."

Thank you for the update, jggordo.

Reading this article made me physically sick. I would like to read the entire 62-page document, but I have to make sure that I am prepared to before I do.

There are five entities and 13 individuals that are listed as defendents in the case. They were charged with Carl’s wellbeing. They were all responsible for the protection of Carl’s rights as a human being. And all they cared about was themselves. I hope every one of them pays dearly both in criminal and financial terms.

I can only say that I am reading the documents a few pages at a time. I have never followed a case that has made me as angry as this one. I worked in a nursing home when I was little on the weekends until I got older. It was there and then I learned compassion for the special people who had nobody to advocate for them.

I have sent an e-mail to the station asking them why they have not put the MO Attorney General in the hot seat as to why no action on behalf of this man. I am in hopses that others will follow.

Another article: New complaint says Carl DeBrodie died from fight-related injuries

Why isn't this national news? This story is worse than anything I could have imagined happened to Carl. Force fighting for entertainment and forced labor?!? Forced to sleep on a cement floor while fatally injured?!? And so many people that should have caught this happening completely turned a blind eye. :mad:

From your link:

Second Chance Homes claimed that the injuries DeBrodie suffered were from his or his mom's own negligence.*

Whaaat? I do not understand this claim. I realize that are deflecting blame and liability but that sounds ridiculous to me.
They definitely are deflecting. His mother says she hasn’t been able to see him for years and his negligence, if any, would be their problem. That’s why he’s in a place like that - because he can’t take care of himself. This disgusts me.

I.... i...... I... but....

Let me just say there isn't enough fire in hell. I think at the anger I felt if I found out one of my staff SPOKE disrespectfully to one of my clients. And somehow, those in charge were involved. State audits are nothing short of brutal in Louisiana and they have to happen at least once a year. And the stay all day for 3 or 4 days. Look at every piece of paper. Speak to every person. How in the world did they operate???? They BETTER be arrssted. I wonder if anyone has alerted Medicaid of this? Because medicaid fraud is serious. I can't read the document yet cause I need to breathe before I do it. But I will. Because if not enough is being done, you can bet your *advertiser censored* I will be calling adult protective services, the ag over the community homes, Medicaid, the police, the state oversight agency and everyone else I can think of to find out why the hell this hasn't been dealt with swiftly and strongly. I would have made sure my staff were arrested immediately. So why is this just.... no big deal. It's very very very criminal. They have more rights than we do.

There is suppose to be a Q and A Facebook session with ABC17 in Columbia I think between 11 and 12 this morning. This is a new article with statements from Prosecutors. I have never seen so many agencies work so hard at not doing anything and passing blame to others. What does it take to find out EXACTLY who the Federal Prosecutor is that the case was turned over to? To go to THAT Prosecutor and sit in their office until ANSWERS are given??

ABC 17 News also reached out to Callaway County prosecutor Chris Wilson, who provided the following statement:

"While I have worked closely with the attorneys in the civil case by keeping them up to date on the criminal investigation and work by our office and federal prosecutors, I can't comment on their allegations. I will say that both the Missouri Attorney General's Office and our office have provided documents to the family's attorneys."

"I'm not ready to make any announcement regarding the criminal investigation at this time. I continue to work with the federal prosecutors on that front and have agreed not to act unilaterally and potentially jeopardize their work. "

Criminal charges still not filed in Carl Debrodie case: 'You have to have evidence'

What would be ironic if not for being outright sad, is that this tragedy has taken place in a small community whose largest employer is the Fulton State Hospital. This town is full of experienced mental health workers and professionals. Some background on what could have been a life saver for this man, making it even more inexcusable. This mental hospital is literally 1.5 miles from the group home hired to care for him. In a day when Roseanne Barr's tweet seems to command more attention than a case like this, makes me wonder where our priorities are.

JMO

Missouri Department of Mental Health | Fulton State Hospital | Psychology Internship Program

Fulton State Hospital is located in Fulton, Missouri, a community of about 11,000 people located in central Missouri. A number of other State facilities are located in Fulton, including the Missouri School for the Deaf, and the State Reception and Diagnostic Center. The size of these facilities makes the State of Missouri the largest employer in the city of Fulton.

What would be ironic if not for being outright sad, is that this tragedy has taken place in a small community whose largest employer is the Fulton State Hospital. This town is full of experienced mental health workers and professionals. Some background on what could have been a life saver for this man, making it even more inexcusable. This mental hospital is literally 1.5 miles from the group home hired to care for him. In a day when Roseanne Barr's tweet seems to command more attention than a case like this, makes me wonder where our priorities are.

JMO

Missouri Department of Mental Health | Fulton State Hospital | Psychology Internship Program

Fulton State Hospital is located in Fulton, Missouri, a community of about 11,000 people located in central Missouri. A number of other State facilities are located in Fulton, including the Missouri School for the Deaf, and the State Reception and Diagnostic Center. The size of these facilities makes the State of Missouri the largest employer in the city of Fulton.
I believe Fulton State Hospital is a psychiatric facility. Carl apparently had an intellectual/developmental disability. There may be some crossover skills, but really staff dealing with each have and need different skill sets. I myself am a care provider for an adult with an I/DD and I wouldn’t have a clue what to do with someone with a serious mental illness.

I can't even....

This story reads like the dark ages. Forced fighting for entertainment purposes?! Reminiscent of the Colosseum .

Humanity at it's worst - abusing those that are helpless to defend themselves. I consider him like a child who deserves to be protected.

:cry:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alwaysseeking