Found Deceased MO - Clauddinnea 'Dee Dee' Blancharde, 48, Springfield, 10 June 2015 - #2 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
don't u all think Mom Told Gypsy that they cant get off this Merry Go Round because they had gone to far with the scam. That Dee Dee would most certainly go to jail and Gypsy along with her if she told.

All Dee Dee had to do was move! Go to another state and start over.
IMO she was the one comfortable with the situation. her daughter needed to get out.

I just cant imagine having to keep up that charade. Never just walking out the door!

She Confessed to her crime and im sure she will serve time.
But which jail was worse?
The one with DeeDee or this one?

The one with DeeDee.

*shaking head* The victim right now is DB. The irony is that this thread seems to have mostly missed the fact that it's unjust to stab another because you have issues with them.
If we all took matters into our own hands we would have no need for the court of law.
I'm not blaming "the victim" I'm asking that she be held accountable. IMO

What makes you think she is not being held accountable?
She confessed.

I am a bit closer to the Old Testament God than to Jesus. For me, DD was a monster that was rightfully put down. Karma caught up to her in this life time.

It isn't up to you or Gypsy who deserves to live and or die. IMO

What makes you think she is not being held accountable?
She confessed.

True, but based on some of the posts, some seem to think she did good thing by murdering her mother and would be pleased if she walked. IMO

True, but based on some of the posts, some seem to think she did good thing by murdering her mother and would be pleased if she walked. IMO

The way I look at it.
deserate ppl do desperate things.

Gypsy is not the one that started this but she is the one that ended it!

DeeDee dealt her own hand. The only other way it could have ended would have been for gypsy to die...

I don't think anyone here thinks it was a GOOD thing she murdered her mother.
But many of us can understand why.

DeeDee was Dr Frankenstein she created her monster. We all know how that ended.

The way I look at it.

DeeDee dealt her own hand. The only other way it could have ended would have been for gypsy to die...

You make it sound so dire.
Unless her mother had some hold on her such as P.O.A Gypsy could have walked.
She was strong enough to hand NG a knife and a pair of gloves so she should have been strong enough to walk away.
What would you say if the findings come back showing that Gypsy is as stable mentally as you or I ?

You make it sound so dire.
Unless her mother had some hold on her such as P.O.A Gypsy could have walked.
She was strong enough to hand NG a knife and a pair of gloves so she should have been strong enough to walk away.
What would you say if the findings come back showing that Gypsy is as stable mentally as you or I ?

"Why didn't she leave?" is a question people often ask about victims of abuse. The ability to walk isn't always enough.

The way I look at it.

I think she saw it as her only way out. All those years with DD.. who knows what she put in her head? No way Gypsy could have survived on her own or gotten a job.

"Why didn't she leave?" is a question people often ask about victims of abuse. The ability to walk isn't always enough.

One more post for the night and then I'll quit being a board hog. I didn't mean that she had the physical ability to walk and I understand what you're saying about it being hard to leave a situation when there are ties and possible abuse as well. Possible abuse because we don't know what went on inside the house.
The point I was trying to make is that it seems to me a person strong enough to plan out a murder and act on it isn't exactly a shrinking frail violet.
It seems that murder would be a tougher act than picking up and leaving. At least it would be harder for most of us.
And she did leave. Did she really need to kill in order to do that? I don't think so.
My take is that this happened over greed. The money in the safe. People have been killed for less.
I know she said that it was because she wanted to be with NG,but I'm not buying that as of yet. IMO

I would be pleased. Jail was not punishment enough for DD. What she did to her child is worse than murder in my eyes.

It isn't up to you or Gypsy who deserves to live and or die. IMO

Sure it is, as long as you are willing to take your chances and assume the risks.

If someone did anything to my children, I would pray and pray for a mistrial. Because I would make sure to rip them to shreds personally the moment they walk out of jail.

One more post for the night and then I'll quit being a board hog. I didn't mean that she had the physical ability to walk and I understand what you're saying about it being hard to leave a situation when there are ties and possible abuse as well. Possible abuse because we don't know what went on inside the house.
The point I was trying to make is that it seems to me a person strong enough to plan out a murder and act on it isn't exactly a shrinking frail violet.
It seems that murder would be a tougher act than picking up and leaving. At least it would be harder for most of us.
And she did leave. Did she really need to kill in order to do that? I don't think so.
My take is that this happened over greed. The money in the safe. People have been killed for less.
I know she said that it was because she wanted to be with NG,but I'm not buying that as of yet. IMO

I think you have no understanding of how an abused mind works. Unfortunately, I do have first hand experience with that. I am 32, married and on the other side of the world from my mom, and whenever I talk to her I am just as afraid as I was when I was 6. A damaged mind works differently and has its own logic. Also, I have no trouble standing up to myself to anybody, but my mother. What you were imprinted with as a child never goes away.

^^^^ Is Gypsy a victim?

^^^^ Or is she a sociopath/psychopath (which is often hereditary)? Or both?

One could make a strong case for all three options, but we don't know at this point. And we may never know. I don't think I've ever seen a more complex case.
I think she was raised by a monster, and eventually became one (of sorts). How can any logical thinker expect a young person to escape that sort of childhood unscathed?

Most people have children so they can love them, with intentions to give them a better life than they themselves had. How many birth a child only to immediately begin to use "it" as a means to make income? This evil DeeDee is right up there with Pierre Collins in my book. I'm with Gypsy on this one, and I'm glad that b*tch is dead.

I don't have any doubt she would prefer if her mother worked and she herself had a normal childhood, including having friends and going to school.
No doubt that if that were the case, Gypsy would be a very different girl right now.... including her size.

That's just it. We don't know. I think some are close to making Gypsy this heroic figure...a slayer of dragons! Maybe that's where the swords come in.
You would have to be hard pressed to view her as a hero. She admitted to planning in and participating in killing her mom. She will feel the hand of justice for the remainder of her life, as it should be.

I think though, there is a great need to know what makes Gypsy tick. What was her life like behind closed doors; What were the conditions that she was desperate enough to kill to obtain freedom; How and why did she go along with the scams, when it is clear she had enough sense to want to stop it and have some sort of normal life; What emotional, physical, and psychological traumas did she endure since birth; Why did not one single adult in her life try to rescue her, when they've stated clearly they knew what was going on (fake illnesses/scams); How very alone must she have felt in this world, with all the good people surrounding her at events, yet none of them able to save her?

I have said it before - at some point in the future, Gypsy will be part of a documentary process that will allow us to see into her mind, at least a little. I will not be at all surprised if she spent the majority of her adolescence pleading with her mom not to (hit her/drug her/punish her) if she plays along perfectly instead. I also will not be surprised to learn that there were levels of torturous rituals. DeeDee was evil on the inside, and Gypsy is a product of that. While I would not want her to be my neighbor (she needs forever help and supervision), I do have a great deal of sympathy for a young woman who finally found a way to escape her hell. I will venture to guess that she'll say any future living arrangements will be far better than her previous one.

*shaking head* The victim right now is DB. The irony is that this thread seems to have mostly missed the fact that it's unjust to stab another because you have issues with them.
If we all took matters into our own hands we would have no need for the court of law.
I'm not blaming "the victim" I'm asking that she be held accountable. IMO

I believe that she should be held accountable for the murder -- although I do hope that the court considers all mitigating factors in the process.

I don't know what I believe about the scamming regarding her level of complicity. Unless she was actually masterminding (rather than merely going along with) it, I just cannot agree that she should be punished. I think DB was largely or solely to blame for it -- and yes, even if GB benefitted in the end.

I think if I told my kid at 8 to pretend to be sick so that we could go to Disney for free, he might have done it. That's a pretty big temptation for a little kid, and when mom says it's okay, well, it must be okay. Then if I continued telling/asking him to do stuff so that we could get this or that (a house, a trip, meeting celebrities/characters at various conventions) that we either really needed or wanted, he'd probably go along with that, too. Then if I home schooled him, isolated him and prevented him from interacting in any meaningful way with anyone, he'd probably continue doing my bidding for at least a little while longer. And that wouldn't be his fault. It'd be all mine. And I'd hope that I'd be the one answering to it in a court of law rather than him.

Thank you wfgodot! I don't want to wait that long. Damn! *pout*

You would have to be hard pressed to view her as a hero. She admitted to planning in and participating in killing her mom. She will feel the hand of justice for the remainder of her life, as it should be.

I think though, there is a great need to know what makes Gypsy tick. What was her life like behind closed doors; What were the conditions that she was desperate enough to kill to obtain freedom; How and why did she go along with the scams, when it is clear she had enough sense to want to stop it and have some sort of normal life; What emotional, physical, and psychological traumas did she endure since birth; Why did not one single adult in her life try to rescue her, when they've stated clearly they knew what was going on (fake illnesses/scams); How very alone must she have felt in this world, with all the good people surrounding her at events, yet none of them able to save her?

I have said it before - at some point in the future, Gypsy will be part of a documentary process that will allow us to see into her mind, at least a little. I will not be at all surprised if she spent the majority of her adolescence pleading with her mom not to (hit her/drug her/punish her) if she plays along perfectly instead. I also will not be surprised to learn that there were levels of torturous rituals. DeeDee was evil on the inside, and Gypsy is a product of that. While I would not want her to be my neighbor (she needs forever help and supervision), I do have a great deal of sympathy for a young woman who finally found a way to escape her hell. I will venture to guess that she'll say any future living arrangements will be far better than her previous one.

I know I promised no more posting tonight but had to log in to say that there is a lot of food for thought in your post GigTu. As a result I will try to be more receptive to the abuse factor playing a role.

I think she was raised by a monster, and eventually became one (of sorts). How can any logical thinker expect a young person to escape that sort of childhood unscathed?

Most people have children so they can love them, with intentions to give them a better life than they themselves had. How many birth a child only to immediately begin to use "it" as a means to make income? This evil DeeDee is right up there with Pierre Collins in my book. I'm with Gypsy on this one, and I'm glad that b*tch is dead.

BBM

Since you were replying to my post, I assume your comment "How can any logical thinker expect a young person to escape that sort of childhood unscathed?" somehow relates to my post. I never said in my post that she was unscathed. I have stated clearly in many posts that she has to be extremely damaged. But because she has not been professionally evaluated yet, I was simply pointing out that with the information we have right now, everyone posting here could be right about Gypsy. That is not illogical. It is acknowledging that we are dealing with a very complex situation. It is respectful of others' opinions. IMO

You are entitled to your opinion. However, I happen to be a very logical person, as well as compassionate, and if you don't agree with my attempt to see the many complex facets of this case, it's not necessary to be insulting. I hope we can have an exchange of ideas on this thread and be respectful in our language of the positions of others. JMO

I think you have no understanding of how an abused mind works. Unfortunately, I do have first hand experience with that. I am 32, married and on the other side of the world from my mom, and whenever I talk to her I am just as afraid as I was when I was 6. A damaged mind works differently and has its own logic. Also, I have no trouble standing up to myself to anybody, but my mother. What you were imprinted with as a child never goes away.

You would be wrong about my level of understanding. I do agree that abuse does leave an imprint for life. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjan