Found Deceased MO - Clauddinnea 'Dee Dee' Blancharde, 48, Springfield, 10 June 2015 - #2 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Gypsy orchestrated the murder of her mother, stabbed to death in bed as she slept.

If you ask me, Gypsy should have been projected from her mother a long time ago.
Mother, for many years, claimed Gypsy needed wheelchair, feeding tube, had leukemia, mental retardation, either spina bifida or muscular dystrophy, etc. Sounds like mother was expecting to keep Gypsy with her, as her meal ticket, until one of them was dead. This wasn't going to end well, was it? Yet nothing was done to remove Gypsy from that home.

"Police say those records will prove that Gypsy Blancharde was not disabled and she was scamming the system for money."

Gypsy was scamming the system for money? It's such a strange way to phrase it when DeeDee was far more likely to have been the one scamming for money. I wonder why so many news reports are taking this tack -- putting the grifting/scamming squarely on Gypsy's shoulders.

Gypsy was scamming the system for money? It's such a strange way to phrase it when DeeDee was far more likely to have been the one scamming for money. I wonder why so many news reports are taking this tack -- putting the grifting/scamming squarely on Gypsy's shoulders.

Which article was that from? I haven't seen any reports where they are putting it "squarely" on her shoulders. But yes, I do believe that Gypsy is a grifter/scammer like her mother. She was raised to be that way.

Exactly. This obviously went on for years, since Gypsy was a child. It sounds like authorities are trying to put this on Gypsy, even though it's very clear she isn't the one who came up with the scam.
I posted an article written in 2001, when Gypsy was supposedly 8 years old. At that time, according to the article, Gypsy was already said to be in poor health, with multiple issues, in need of feeding pump and wheelchair bound. Do they expect a child to be able to prevent that sort of a scam?

Which article was that from? I haven't seen any reports where they are putting it "squarely" on her shoulders. But yes, I do believe that Gypsy is a grifter/scammer like her mother. She was raised to be that way.

She stopped using the wheelchair after her mother was killed.

Sorry, it was the one linked earlier. http://www.kspr.com/news/local/new-...ors-to-springfield-hospital/21051620_33775606

I've read more than a few stating that GB was scamming people, but I question the accuracy of that statement. Yes, she was taught to do what she did, but as soon as she was away from her mother, she ditched the wheelchair. In the pictures shared earlier in the thread, she also didn't seem to be faking any illness. Just my observation/opinion, but it seems to me that GB wanted a normal life. She may have found other ways to scam people at some point in the future, but I don't think that she was necessarily morally responsible for her mother's scams. She IS fully responsible for her choice to (allegedly, I suppose) murder her mother, but I also think there were mitigating factors.

BBM
A grifter is someone who swindles you through deception or fraud.

DeeDee was very good at what she did.
And Gypsy did what was told of her.

I think trouble was brewing in that house!
I think Gypsy wanted it all to end and wanted some kind of normal life.

JMO

If you ask me, Gypsy should have been projected from her mother a long time ago.
Mother, for many years, claimed Gypsy needed wheelchair, feeding tube, had leukemia, mental retardation, either spina bifida or muscular dystrophy, etc. Sounds like mother was expecting to keep Gypsy with her, as her meal ticket, until one of them was dead. This wasn't going to end well, was it? Yet nothing was done to remove Gypsy from that home.

I think Gypsy orchestrated the murder of her mother, stabbed to death in bed as she slept.

I can't help but think of the expression "cutting the Gordian knot" when it comes to what Gypsy did. The situation she was involved in was, or likely appeared to her to be, impossible to untie, so she took decisive action to solve it. Unfortunately, her decisive action was murder, instead of walking out of the house, running far away and going to the police to expose the whole swindle.

While this case has many points for us to disagree on and is rather polarizing, I think we can all agree that Gypsy's situation was extremely complicated, with no end in sight (to Gypsy), like a Gordian knot. We can speculate, but we don't know yet why she choose to cut the knot rather than untie it another way. JMO

http://www.britannica.com/topic/Gordian-knot

From what I have gathered, Gypsy run away before several times.
She supposedly run away in 2011, to some older guy in his thirties. Mother found her and brought her back. Depending on when Gypsy was born, it's not clear if she was or wasn't a minor at that time. There are multiple birth dates for Gypsy. Hopefully her father at least can say when she was born.
I don't think Gypsy believed she could successfully run away if her mother wasn't dead.
If there is any case that has mitigating circumstances, this appears to be it.
Relatives seem to knew or at least suspected, but for whatever reason didn't contact authorities to free Gypsy.
Somebody did contact authorities in 2009, but police didn't do anything to remove Gypsy. At that time Gypsy was supposedly already 18 years old, which I presume why CPS wasn't called.
But it sounds like mother was using birth dates for Gypsy that were beneficial to her, so who knows how old Gypsy actually was.

I've noticed that Gypsy is usually paired along with her mother when fraud is mentioned. Seems telling to me. To put it into perspective....those early vids of Gypsy talking of rainbows and puppy dogs (sarcasm) she probably would have been 16 or 17 versus the 12 or 13 age.
She was really laying it on thick too.
I think that would be a pretty decent age for anyone to know right from wrong. IMO

The article states Gypsy was 8 years old in 2001. That would make her 22-23; which is what the cousin said previously. I also noted the different (hyphenated) last name.

I've noticed that Gypsy is usually paired along with her mother when fraud is mentioned. Seems telling to me. To put it into perspective....those early vids of Gypsy talking of rainbows and puppy dogs (sarcasm) she probably would have been 16 or 17 versus the 12 or 13 age.
She was really laying it on thick too.
I think that would be a pretty decent age for anyone to know right from wrong. IMO

How would she learn right from wrong? She didn't go to school. Sounds liker she didn't have much contact with anyone but her mother. So the only person who could teach her would be her mother. Do you think her mother taught her what is right and what is wrong? Or did her mother make her talk about puppy dogs and rainbows? If she was trained to do these things very early on, do you think that magically she would be able to know it's wrong once she turned 16-17?
There was one girl interviewed who knew Gypsy and her mother, who says mother didn't like her talking to Gypsy because she didn't treat Gypsy as if she was 7 years old.

"Her mom was very set on Gypsy having the mentality of a 7-year-old and didn't appreciate me talking to Gypsy like someone my age,” Woodmansee said."
http://www.wisn.com/news/gypsy-rose-blancharde-had-secret-facebook-life/33661606

Did Gypsy attend church? She said she was Catholic

Did Gypsy attend church? She said she was Catholic

Various churches were involved in fundraising.

"Over the years, Dee Dee and Gypsy Blancharde received money and assistance from long list of charities across the nation. Churches in their former town of Thibodeux Louisiana held fundraisers; the two were featured in a Children's Hospital newsletter in Kansas City; and Gypsy even received an award from a national organization supporting people who use IVs and feeding tubes. All, according to Sheriff Jim Arnott, were based on a lie."

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/blanc...onations-from-across-nation/21048998_33622364

How would she learn right from wrong? She didn't go to school. Sounds liker she didn't have much contact with anyone but her mother. So the only person who could teach her would be her mother. Do you think her mother taught her what is right and what is wrong? Or did her mother make her talk about puppy dogs and rainbows? If she was trained to do these things very early on, do you think that magically she would be able to know it's wrong once she turned 16-17?
There was one girl interviewed who knew Gypsy and her mother, who says mother didn't like her talking to Gypsy because she didn't treat Gypsy as if she was 7 years old.

"Her mom was very set on Gypsy having the mentality of a 7-year-old and didn't appreciate me talking to Gypsy like someone my age,” Woodmansee said."
http://www.wisn.com/news/gypsy-rose-blancharde-had-secret-facebook-life/33661606

She had to know at some point that it wasn't normal or right to act and look a certain way in order to get goods and services. She should have known that by moms coaching alone. Surely she knew at some point that not everyone acted the way she and her mom did.
She could see that by watching television,using her computer,and even the limited contact she had with others. IMO

She had to know at some point that it wasn't normal or right to act and look a certain way in order to get goods and services. She should have known that by moms coaching alone. Surely she knew at some point that not everyone acted the way she and her mom did.
She could see that by watching television,using her computer,and even the limited contact she had with others. IMO

Even if she figured it out, she would have to stand up to her mother. If she was abused from very early on, that wouldn't be easy.
She should have been removed from her mother a long time ago. Do you think she liked going around the way she did?
Bald, teeth fallen out, huge glasses, wheelchair and hideous clothes DD put her into? What teenager wouldn't have loved that?
Frankly I am amazed that so far it appears that only one person in 2009 figured it out and contacted authorities (little good that it did). Where was CPS? Why didn't doctors DD took Gypsy to didn't figure it out? Why weren't relatives contacting authorities?

Even if she figured it out, she would have to stand up to her mother. If she was abused from very early on, that wouldn't be easy.
She should have been removed from her mother a long time ago. Do you think she liked going around the way she did?
Bald, teeth fallen out, huge glasses, wheelchair and hideous clothes DD put her into? What teenager wouldn't have loved that?
Frankly I am amazed that so far it appears that only one person in 2009 figured it out and contacted authorities (little good that it did). Where was CPS? Why didn't doctors DD took Gypsy to didn't figure it out? Why weren't relatives contacting authorities?

At some point she has to take some responsibility for her part in the scams and the murder of her mother. At least for her part in the scams after the age of 18. The only way I can see her being absolved is if she is found to have diminished capacity. I'm not sure how that will play out because she seemed pretty vocal and intelligent in the few clips that I've seen.
As to why no one acted on her behalf or figured it out....No idea but I wish they had. IMO

Various churches were involved in fundraising.

"Over the years, Dee Dee and Gypsy Blancharde received money and assistance from long list of charities across the nation. Churches in their former town of Thibodeux Louisiana held fundraisers; the two were featured in a Children's Hospital newsletter in Kansas City; and Gypsy even received an award from a national organization supporting people who use IVs and feeding tubes. All, according to Sheriff Jim Arnott, were based on a lie."

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/blanc...onations-from-across-nation/21048998_33622364

This is so sickening. Her mother was evil. Basically robbing from the truly needy.

This is so sickening. Her mother was evil. Basically robbing from the truly needy.
Agreed! And robbing Gypsy of a normal childhood. Completely selfish. You are supposed to give to your children, not take from/use them.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

And it sounds like they were collecting money for things Gypsy didn't even need. Wheelchairs, feeding pumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member