Found Deceased MO - Clauddinnea 'Dee Dee' Blancharde, 48, Springfield, 10 June 2015 - #2 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When did this happen ? According to casenet Gypsy was born in 1991

Early on in the case neighbors,friends of the family, and a cousin of Gypsy's were speaking out via fb and media. I can't find the story now,but a neighbor (I think) had said that Gypsy came to him wearing a wig and asked him for a ride to visit a friend. It was said that the guy she went to visit was older and actually had no interest in having a relationship with Gypsy.
All of this has to be taken with a grain of salt (IMO) because it hasn't been confirmed by LE that Gypsy actually did try to run a way.
There were also some postings by Gypsy to a friend about having met someone that scared her...I think I may be able to find that posting and I'll edit it in in a few.
ETA aack having trouble with link.
Article can be found on kspr.com and is titled Facebook messages shed light on secret life of Gypsy Blancharde.
Quote from article below. Sorry about the link glitching.

“Can I tell u a secret, back in 2011. I ran away from home I met a pedtifile online...He took be back to his friends place and made me sleep in his bed but when he got handy I freaked out.”

Gypsy should have been removed from that woman a long time ago.
At least from what I gather, Gypsy was actually born in 1991, so she wasn't a minor.
But Dee Dee claimed she was, because Dee Dee had multiple birthdays for her.

I'm not sure I understand. At some point in her life Gypsy was a minor. We have no idea when she made an attempt to run away from home. Or if she did attempt to run away. I don't think that has been confirmed by LE. IMO

I'm not sure I understand. At some point in her life Gypsy was a minor. We have no idea when she made an attempt to run away from home. Or if she did attempt to run away. I don't think that has been confirmed by LE. IMO
So if she decided to run away from home as a minor, it is your opinion that she should have been returned back to her mother, where she could continue to be abused?

So if she decided to run away from home as a minor, it is your opinion that she should have been returned back to her mother, where she could continue to be abused?

I didn't say it was an opinion of mine. I said by law if Gypsy was a minor, Dee Dee had the right to fetch her back home. IMO

I didn't say it was an opinion of mine. I said by law if Gypsy was a minor, Dee Dee had the right to fetch her back home. IMO

If you are talking about the law, sounds like Dee Dee should have been arrested a long time ago, and Gypsy removed from her.

If you are talking about the law, sounds like Dee Dee should have been arrested a long time ago, and Gypsy removed from her.

True. I wish that had happened for the sake of all involved.

200 pages is not a lot as far as medical records go!!

No it is not, but that's just the one hospital. She also visited Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City. There were probably others - remember she was being flown to doctor's and hospitals via Angel Flights.

Dee Dee Blancharde brought her daughter, Gypsy Rose Blancharde, to Children’s Mercy Hospital on several occasions, impressing at least one doctor and making friends at the Ronald McDonald House here.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article25032529.html

Some info on the Angel Flight trips:
The Blanchardes went to Kansas City by plane. Angel Flight gives free flights for medical patients. Representatives tell Contact KY3 that the Blanchardes received numerous trips between 2007 to 2009. Each trip is an estimated $500 -- from donations. Angel Flight says the Blanchardes provided the proper paperwork including a signed medical release from a doctor. Reps say Gypsy always used a wheelchair.
http://www.ky3.com/news/local/famil...haved-head-to-support-gypsy/21048998_33638978

I wonder why they stopped receiving flights in 2009? Could that be related to the report somebody made about her faking the illnesses?

Interesting theory and insight psyquestor, and truly sorry to hear about your MNM. However, I don't think that is why DD gave different birth dates. They were most likely done maliciously to throw off anybody who might be trying to track their activities and to keep Gypsy a "child". With some research, you will find that DD used many different name combinations as well, both first and last and they moved around a lot. Typical con artist behavior.

As for DD giving birth to gypsy. I think her bio father would know if she is really his. The rumor mill has it that DD got pregnant and his family forced them to marry. They were only married a short time.

Possible birthdays range from 1991 to 2000. She is not going to be that off because she doesn't remember it correctly. I think it's clear she wanted Gypsy to appear as young as possible.

No it is not, but that's just the one hospital. She also visited Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City. There were probably others - remember she was being flown to doctor's and hospitals via Angel Flights.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article25032529.html

Some info on the Angel Flight trips:
http://www.ky3.com/news/local/famil...haved-head-to-support-gypsy/21048998_33638978

I wonder why they stopped receiving flights in 2009? Could that be related to the report somebody made about her faking the illnesses?

Somebody did report Dee Dee to the police in 2009. So, I think that's a possibility.

New twist in Blancharde family murder case leads investigators to Springfield hospital

The above-linked article contains some inconsistencies with what 'facts' have been reported, but a few new tidbits as well.

I don't have links handy but apparently Gypsy (and Godejohn?) has been transported this evening back to MO for a court appearance tomorrow morning at 8 am.

~jmo~

I was just coming to post that video/article,shana. Interesting that GB and DB were at Cox North the day before DB was murdered. Sure would be interesting to see some of that hospital video as well. Maybe we will later. IMO

Have to jump in here to express my shock regarding this entire situation. Wow. I can't wait to learn more. Those of you with more experience, how long do we typically have to wait until information is released?? I want to read those medical records right. now!

A grifter is someone who swindles you through deception or fraud.

DeeDee was very good at what she did.
And Gypsy did what was told of her.

I think trouble was brewing in that house!
I think Gypsy wanted it all to end and wanted some kind of normal life.

JMO

Have to jump in here to express my shock regarding this entire situation. Wow. I can't wait to learn more. Those of you with more experience, how long do we typically have to wait until information is released?? I want to read those medical records right. now!
With privacy laws in place about the medical info we may not see it until trial -- at least a year and quite probably longer.

A grifter is someone who swindles you through deception or fraud.

DeeDee was very good at what she did.
And Gypsy did what was told of her.

I think trouble was brewing in that house!
I think Gypsy wanted it all to end and wanted some kind of normal life.

JMO

I think Gypsy orchestrated the murder of her mother, stabbed to death in bed as she slept.

Gypsy isn't the one who came up with the scheme to defraud people. This has been going on since Gypsy was a little child. Here is an old article about Gypsy, from 2001.

"Gypsy's kindness to others is in the process of being repaid. Members of the St. Joseph congregation are hoping to hold a fundraising drive soon so they can buy her a self-contained, portable feeding pump that Gypsy can carry with her. There are also hopes that Gypsy can get an assistance dog soon."

http://www.dailycomet.com/article/20010224/NEWS/102240307?template=printpicart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member