Found Deceased MO - Darnell Gray, 4, Jefferson City, 24 Oct 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Fellow WSers,
When did our most precious, innocent children become so "disposable" in today's society? These poor babies are abandoned on doorsteps, literally starved to death, abducted, beaten, raped and broken by the very people who should be ensuring their safety and criminals alike.

Darnell is also our Jayme Closs, our Mollie Tibbetts, Samantha Runyon, Jacob Wetterling, Danielle Van Dame, Haleigh Cummings and so on and so one. Please Lord, let this little man be a joyful exception to the rule. Please.

The only far fetched thing I can even dream up is that the washer is stolen or something and they are using that to arrest people they’re suspicious of. Sadly, I doubt that’s the reason...

I was thinking maybe something got thrown into the washing machine so that LE wouldn't see it when they came about Darnell?

My head went to unimaginable.places when I read they took the washing machine out.

Where are you Darnell?

I am hoping they truly did find evidence of an unrelated crime and took the washer in connection with that crime (drugs? guns? unrelated homicide?). It seemed like a strong statement to say it was unrelated rather than just not comment on it.

I am hoping they truly did find evidence of an unrelated crime and took the washer in connection with that crime (drugs? guns? unrelated homicide?). It seemed like a strong statement to say it was unrelated rather than just not comment on it.

I hope & pray that you are correct.

• UPDATE, 10 p.m.: Volunteers came to Jefferson City on Thursday night to continue the search for Darnell Gray.

People with Missouri Search and Rescue Ground Team and Missouri Missing, groups decicated to helping find missing people, gathered in Washington Park to search the area. Volunteers looked inside trash cans, under bleachers and along the banks of a nearby creek for Gray.

Vanessa Kilby, a Jefferson City resident who also took part in the search for 31-year-old Carl DeBrodie last year in Fulton, said she saw posts on Facebook calling for help.

"I was interested," Kilby said. "I would hope this community would come together to search for this little boy."

Marianne Asher-Chapman, co-founder of Missouri Missing, said she planned on organizing another search in the morning if Gray had not been found.

Agencies search for missing Jefferson City boy

Heartbreaking. Once I had friends over, and the two year old who had just eaten a penny after he was told NO! told all of us outside that he was leaving. His mom told him No! again and sure enough he booked out of my yard through the woods so fast without a care in the world, bold as could be. His mom went running, I took off in a sideways direction, told my husband take the car to the road past the woods. He was in sight the whole time but I could not believe how FAST and how FAR he went. He's all grown up now, funny as could be with that bold attitude. I really hope this boy just took off and I wish that towns would mobilize immediate grid searches in the event that someone may be lost, especially one so young, regardless of what other possibilities could be. We all carry cell phones lately, I wish they would have volunteer search requests immediately, not just Amber alerts.

Has there been any mention of his mother? I saw reports his father was at work and “caretakers” were watching him but I haven’t heard any reports on where his mom was

Also, this story makes no sense, sorry. This is very overly descriptive (“he went missing with two juice boxes!”) which to me is an indication someone is lying. IF (a huge IF) he really went missing on his own it just seems awfully strange that a 4 year old would think late at night to grab snacks and juice on his way out the door AND that the “caretakers” would even notice a juice box was missing.

Darnell, you’re absolutely precious. I hope wherever you are you’re safe and warm tonight.

I know the tweets have been posted but I’m just posting the photo of the unrelated ‘what looks to be’ a washing machine for reference:

View attachment 152964

Emma Claybrook on Twitter

Almost has to be a washing machine. It appears to load on the top. Which eliminates most other things.

Though, that is an odd way to transport something if it's "evidence" that will need to be examined, tested, things like that. I'm more inclined to believe that it was more of a minor thing.

I will be very surprised if it is connected to Darnell. Because those cops totally screwed up in how they transported it if it is connected to a missing person/homicide case.

Has there been any mention of his mother? I saw reports his father was at work and “caretakers” were watching him but I haven’t heard any reports on where his mom was

Also, this story makes no sense, sorry. This is very overly descriptive (“he went missing with two juice boxes!”) which to me is an indication someone is lying. IF (a huge IF) he really went missing on his own it just seems awfully strange that a 4 year old would think late at night to grab snacks and juice on his way out the door AND that the “caretakers” would even notice a juice box was missing.

Darnell, you’re absolutely precious. I hope wherever you are you’re safe and warm tonight.
I could not possibly agree more with you. Taking cookies and juice boxes seems like a contrived effort to sell a story that this kid decided to go out for a little midnight adventure.

Sorry. This doesn’t smell fishy, it absolutely wreaks.

I fear that they are looking for a body at this point.

Almost has to be a washing machine. It appears to load on the top. Which eliminates most other things.

Though, that is an odd way to transport something if it's "evidence" that will need to be examined, tested, things like that. I'm more inclined to believe that it was more of a minor thing.

I will be very surprised if it is connected to Darnell. Because those cops totally screwed up in how they transported it if it is connected to a missing person/homicide case.

Could it be a small freezer? This pic is a top lid 5 Cubic ft freezer... similar to what a washer looks like...imo. Also, why would they take a washer/freezer? They would not take it if something was found in it such as guns/drugs. They would just take those items I do believe. The only reason that I would think that they would take an item such as that is if it was stolen or their was evidence inside that could not be "bagged", such as biological evidence.
688057211534.jpg

I highly doubt it's a freezer. The freezers are generally less square than that.

It's the top back part that screams washer to me. Where the controls are on an older washer/dryer (I still have older models.)

Honestly the only other thing I think it could be is an older stove, but I think ovens are always built into them.

I was thinking like this washer, but with the whole top part black.

http://www.wendyhill.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/Maytag-Pair-2LR.jpg

Could it be a small freezer? This pic is a top lid 5 Cubic ft freezer... similar to what a washer looks like...imo. Also, why would they take a washer/freezer? They would not take it if something was found in it such as guns/drugs. They would just take those items I do believe. The only reason that I would think that they would take an item such as that is if it was stolen or their was evidence inside that could not be "bagged", such as biological evidence.
688057211534.jpg

Have been catching up on the thread, it is not looking positive for this little fella so sad:(

It does look like some form of washing machine, I do not even want to think of that worst case scenario.

looks like it has a black top on the washer, kind of like this:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 4.10.19 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 4.10.19 pm.png
    70.6 KB · Views: 6
I highly doubt it's a freezer. The freezers are generally less square than that.

It's the top back part that screams washer to me. Where the controls are on an older washer/dryer (I still have older models.)

Honestly the only other thing I think it could be is an older stove, but I think ovens are always built into them.

I was thinking like this washer, but with the whole top part black.

http://www.wendyhill.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/Maytag-Pair-2LR.jpg
Yes I think you are right. My eyes did not see that black backing to be part of the unit, until I went back after reading your post.
Interesting/funny coincidence: I had the exact pair of washer/dryer in my last home as the ones you posted as examples. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper