Found Deceased MO - Darnell Gray, 4, Jefferson City, 24 Oct 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts after watching? JCPD's officer seemed relaxed and very open to answer questions but IMO they don't have much to go off of. If anything. Unfortunately

However this officer has made it clear that he's not personally involved in the day to day hands on operations of this case. He said he wouldn't recognize the dad if he walked in the room, hasn't ever spoken to him personally (but other investigators have spoken with dad), said he doesn't attend the daily briefings on this case. It's almost like maybe this LEO purposely stays away from any discussions/briefings and is only told what the community is allowed to know, that way there's no way he could possibly slip up on a detail. (kind of like when there was a PC for Jayme Closs and alot of people on here were dissecting someone in the background nodding his head to questions, but the person being asked the questions was saying that they could not comment)

Watched the news last night about the pond draining. Also talked to my MIL who works in Jeff City and surprisingly, she says there isn’t much talk about it (compared to other littles going missing) which breaks my heart.
That’s what gets me. I followed Mollie T’s case very closely and almost religiously. I was devastated by the outcome. But she was all over the news. It was everywhere nationally. What about Darnell? I don’t know about how much it would help or not especially after what we saw with Lucas. But, even locally - its so important that people know he’s missing!

Yes! As a mom a bell went off in my head. Unless they had just gone shopping and all the packages were unopened, how would they know what was missing? My kids AND bf sneak snacks constantly I have no idea what we have most of the time. They seem very certain about it and thats weird to me...
Was weird to me too. Mom of two young ones. That struck me as odd.

How about this? Trying to wash away EVIDENCE?
My point was that LE is claiming the arrests (?) and confiscating of the washing machine was unrelated to Darnell’s case. Trying to look at the big picture of Darnell’s situation. It struck me as an odd coincidence so I figured they must have found some illegal activity while there trying to get answers on Darnell. Hope I’m making more sense now. Sorry about that!

Darnell was last seen Wednesday night at a Jefferson City apartment where he lives. His father was working early Thursday when a woman who was caring for the child reported him missing.

Police spokesman Lt. David Williams said neither parent was with Darnell when he disappeared, and the boy's disappearance does not appear to be a custody situation.
Mother of missing Missouri 4-year-old seeks public's help

I don't know if it is related to this case but the MO Highway Patrol 3 separate cars about 5 minutes apart have been flying (and I do mean FLYING) up Highway 63 going into Columbia from Jeff City in the last 30 minutes. Jeff City is the Central Office for MHP but the Missouri University in Columbia does a lot of forensic, DNA and is the Central MO Medical Examiners. Don't ever remember seeing this before.

JMO
There was a rollover crash with one injured on 63 North. Maybe that's what it was
Kyreon Lee (@KyreonKRCG13) | Twitter

LE confirmed neither bio parent were with Darnell when he disappeared. So that leaves the three people at the apartment. IMO that implies the inconsistent statements came from there. Has it been established if the stepmother is married to bio dad or just a girlfriend?

I know people that have rented out their houses and the houses get trashed. I always use the analogy to compare it with a car. If you have a $400k house imagine having a $400k car. I would like to believe you would be pretty selective who you give the keys to. Now take that 1 step further, you have a child. Why do so many parents leave their children with adults they just met and hardly know? I look at our Nextdoor communication and I can't believe the people looking for babysitters or offering their services to babysit. I mean turning your child over to someone you hardly or don't even know? Just reading one of these stories like this little fellow is too heartbreaking. I hope and pray they find him soon and he is fine.

Welcome to the wall....
It seems to be a very popular place to hang, with the cases I seem drawn to. Ugh, I should have brought my bouncy ball for entertainment.

This poor child, this is just breaking my heart. I also feel for his parents- it appears at this moment that neither are involved in his disappearance. We've seen this happen before when "caretakers" "boyfriend/girlfriend" or "fiances" are the last person to see them alive before they go missing.

It seems to be a very popular place to hang, with the cases I seem drawn to. Ugh, I should have brought my bouncy ball for entertainment.

This poor child, this is just breaking my heart. I also feel for his parents- it appears at this moment that neither are involved in his disappearance. We've seen this happen before when "caretakers" "boyfriend/girlfriend" or "fiances" are the last person to see them alive before they go missing.
Nothing smells right with this disappearance and/or report of DG missing. Accepting that DG was reported missing to LE by the "caretaker/babysitter" (i.e., alleged GF), - the initial media report cited his parents were "out of town." We know this is true of his bioMum, as she allegedly lives in Chicago. As for the Father, what is the truth? Has it been confirmed that he was actually working, and where he was working? I believe this is critical information.

During the false report that DG was found walking on a Hwy in Columbia, It was cited his Dad was being "released from JCPD," and being taken to Columbia to be reunited with DG. IMO, the wording here sounded like Dad was being released from JCPD custody. It was further noted that Dad's GF and family friend then falsely reported to media what they were told from Dad (i.e., he was being being released and being taken to Columbia to collect DG). MOO

“JEFFERSON CITY - The Jefferson City and Columbia police departments said Darnell S. Gray is still missing. Their comments came shortly after Darnell's stepmother, Quatavia Laqwoun, told KOMU 8 News the boy had been found.

Laqwoun also posted on her Facebook page, saying Darnell's father was on his way to Columbia to pick him up.

Family friend Amanda Ramirez said, ‘We celebrated too early.’

Laqwoun's comment followed several reports that a boy matching Darnell's description had been found walking along Highway 63 in Columbia.

Ramirez said a boy was found, but it was unclear if it was Darnell and his father went to Columbia to see. The Jefferson City Police Department said later it was not Darnell.”
UPDATE: Police say missing boy not found, despite reports from stepmother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member