MO MO - Dennis Spriggs, 47, LaBelle, 15 July 1992

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't look at the "darkside" on someone i know/love for too long or it makes me ill. I will first post my best innocence theory- some other night i'll try to write the best guilty theory i have. just my ideas- not fact on either:

Dennis could’ve been the progression of a natural underlying heart condition that the family did not know about, but that he was writing about here or there in his journal. He perhaps did not seek any medical attention for the pains he described because he felt some depression about his situation in life, and truly felt like he was worth more “dead rather than alive”. (something he would say every once in a while over the years.) Perhaps he truly did get late onset food allergies, and when he started feeling more ill, he doubled up on his life insurance, started planning for the end, and was pushing himself physically so that he could hurry it along. He was a very spiritual man in his own way, and perhaps he thought this was a way to be a martyr for the family.
Considering all of the chemicals that were was in my grandpa’s darkroom, there is the possibility that my mother and her second husband Roy were both victims of heavy metal poisoning in the fall of ’97 sometime accidentally. Roy had rectal bleeding in October to the point he needed a transfusion, and my mother was shaking and very ill at Christmas, maybe she was suffering the effects of exposure to something as well. She went to several Dr.’s that winter, and no one could tell her what was wrong, except that she had oral thrush (candida), and was put on diflucon, and they said she had fibromyalgia. Oral thrush could be an indicator of a compromised immune system, or some type of reaction to prescription drugs as I read about it at the time. If my mother tested positive for some type of heavy metal or other poisoning and/or if this was the only incident of someone getting sick around her, then I would say she might have a pretty decent defense.
Once her second husband got so ill and she could do nothing about it, she intentionally sought out someone with an underlying health issue to be her next husband so that she could take care of him, and make up for her “failures” of the past. There must’ve been a neurological “glitch” in our family make-up, because I got ill, then my Uncle Jim with something similar which lead to his death shortly after. My grandmother was also having neurological difficulties, as well as her father who went into a neurological coma for unknown reasons 10 years before. All could be genetic, or from the darkroom. As my younger sister stated to me, JF must just not know how to prepare food properly, and that is why groups of people on both sides of the family would end up throwing up after meals, or end up in the E.R. up there over the years. Her business partner that moved in after her third husband died was just unfortunate to get thyroid cancer, as was her granddaughter 6 months later. Things just happen in life for no particular reason than just life itself. My daughter must’ve just picked up something else that made her sick and confused the doctors to say she was exposed to a toxin the same day that she ate the candy that came in the mail. The third husband’s family could have a few neurological problems running in their genes too. She started making up illness for people because she was so affected by people around her dying that she kind of “lost it” and had a little brush with munchausen’s but not enough to cause harm, just enough to fudge the truth.
In a nutshell- genetics/environment of chemicals in the grandparents home- or perhaps multiple family members being exposed there in Missouri at times… / JF being exposed to explain her memory losses and strange behaviors at times/ desperation alone for the financial issues- hardly a case for murder/ and just not knowing how to store or prepare food properly and a little bad luck in her family- and a little in Bruce’s as well. That is the best innocence theory I could come up with.

anyway.. I wish I believed my theory above, I tried rationalizing things for years- telling myself these stories- that everything was "ok" that everything was a coincidence- lies meant nothing- my thoughts and feelings were "crazy" and that perhaps I was truly dying- maybe that concience inside of me that had told me what was right and wrong my entire life was failing me now- or perhaps- it had always been wrong- so I must re-evaluate everything that I've ever believed in if I were to believe myself that something was wrong in my family. Maybe I didn't understand the human mind enough, maybe I didn't understand my mother enough, maybe I wasn't forgiving enough, maybe I only saw the evil in people, maybe I was crazy like my mom said, maybe I am just ultra persuasive and can convince myself and others of the nuttiest things like my siblings say, (that would be an evil trait!) maybe satan IS influencing me... I have put myself around.. and around.. and arouuuuund in these circles of thought. The thing that is so damaging about lies is that it teaches us to not trust our own instincts. I have always been able to count on myself- if nothing else. If I were to set aside all of the delusions, the wishful thinking, and trust my soul that has been telling me something is wrong for over 17 years now, then I would say that I know that there is something wrong here- and only a "crazy" person would deny it. I don't enjoy lying to myself-

I'll be surprised if something doesn't show up in your dad's autopsy all these years later. Especially since it appears to be long term poisoning. It sounds like way back then his family was suspicious of her.

His dad was always suspicious- but his dad has a very suspicious nature. He is 91 now- he doesn't remember much- now he says to me, "what was your dad's name?" I'll say Dennis, and he'll say, "you know- your mother ran him down with the car when he was jogging don't you".. so- he doesn't really even remember what happened anymore. He also thought someone from america's most wanted lived down the road from him at Greentop MO- so.. sometimes we just discounted his suspicions over the years, you know? My dad has no other living family, his older brother shot himself at the age of 17, his mother is deceased, and no cousins that I know about- so that is it. I want to mention to all of you that I have read some of the posts that you make on other sites here as well as here, and I truly feel honored to have your thoughts and brains on this case. Thank you.

in any of your experiences out here, does media help with finding justice, or not? ever since someone snapped the photo of my father being exhumed (which was horrifying to me by the way) then I've had a few calls from media here or there about this. What are your opinions? I've managed to stay pretty quiet for my entire life- but sometimes there's a time to speak.. is this one of those times? or would it help???

I haven't had any experience with anything like this, but I always wonder in the cases of suspected crimes if there isn't always someone, somewhere who knows SOMETHING that may be a critical piece of evidence. They only way they will be found or come forward is if they see something on the news or hear about the allegations. It is a fine line, though, because if you start making accusations before anyone is actually charged, then you've got trouble.

I haven't had any experience with anything like this, but I always wonder in the cases of suspected crimes if there isn't always someone, somewhere who knows SOMETHING that may be a critical piece of evidence. They only way they will be found or come forward is if they see something on the news or hear about the allegations. It is a fine line, though, because if you start making accusations before anyone is actually charged, then you've got trouble.

The thing that is so different about this case is that it isn't a "whodunnit" kind of case, as the Private Investigator Mark Nosack explained to me some time ago. I forgot exactly how he put it himself, but basically, it is investigating whether there was a crime committed instead of the "whodunnit". He said even crimes with the smoking gun at the scene and the fingerprints on the gun are hard to take all the way through court from an evidentiary standpoint. I wondered if it might help from that stand point. the main thing I wish is that JF would talk- just.. talk. I think if no one else ever said a word- ever- she could clear the whole thing up by just talking and talking. The truth would all fall into place if she would just do that. I wish she would.

in any of your experiences out here, does media help with finding justice, or not? ever since someone snapped the photo of my father being exhumed (which was horrifying to me by the way) then I've had a few calls from media here or there about this. What are your opinions? I've managed to stay pretty quiet for my entire life- but sometimes there's a time to speak.. is this one of those times? or would it help???

That's a hard one. The media could report both ways, in your favor and against it. IMO, JF could launch her own public campaign to try to convince everyone you are the one who's a nut. I was the plaintiff in a very large civil case here and my attorney said absolutely do not ever talk to the press. My attorney fielded interview requests and turned them all down. But I can't compare my case to yours at all.

thank you for your personal experience. I have been on the other side of that "your the nut" campaign, I found out it is called "gaslighting" and- it was not a fun experience on a small scale- can't imagine what it would be like on a large scale. So far, her only defense in court, or with family or anyone has been that I'm a "nut". I think that is why I started writing down every detail, asking her for points in emails, and even tape recorded her a few times to prove every single fact that I was saying. Later when she changed the story... I wasn't the one who looked like the nut- the medical records, her own voice and emails and letters and financial records told a completely different story. I think i'll just keep pondering on it all then- because I'm not the one involved in any lawsuits at the present...

I was asked to record my mother by the way .. by an investigator- I didn't think that one up on my own- I have never before nor since recorded anyone on a conversation- I also think that i have a fairly decent "non-crazy" alibi for myself too.. I've been married 14 yrs- started my own business which has grown to the largest of it's kind in utah- have over 50 employees- my main managers say they will work for me the rest of their lives which make me feel very fortunate- My kids are doing well in life- I spend time with them when they have issues and talk them through, take regular mommy dates... I think that my alibi for the "crazy" "nuts" thing is life itself. I support myself- and my family- and have had 2 of my siblings work for me for years and years, one of my siblings married my ex boyfriend of 4 years, my mother and I used to be the closest of all of us- I was the one there for her, lending her money- bringing her through whatever tragedy was going on in her life at the time. The other kids said I was like their mother growing up. The two that went to college lived with me while they went to school for a while- I did all sorts of things that an older sibling/mother should do for them. I was the only family attendee at my sister's graduation from college- I would send flowers in behalf of our entire family to things my mother didn't even know about and label it from "the spriggs family"- I kept us all together. I always said that no matter what happened in life, nothing would rip us apart- and then.. this. It is too much.

I taped the conversation where I asked her what had happened to her second husband.. and she and I had a long discussion about that and other husbands and sick people. She thanked me for the conversation- and said to me that she wished we could have more conversations like this- because Bruce got to talk to his kids, but she never got to because he was always interrupting with his needs because he was so sick. I told her that I wouldn't have so many concerns if she would be straightforward and just talk to me, and be honest- ( I confronted her with the fact that I knew her second hub had been heavy metal poisoned and she'd said something else) and that if she's just explain.. these types of things wouldn't turn into big deals. She said she understood- let's always talk, etc. Then- the next day- both my sisters were calling me and screaming at me- and telling me that I was crazy- and mom said that I had told them horrible things about my father, and things that he had done to me- and that I needed serious mental help. I told them that wasn't true, and that I had a tape to prove it.. and then the one sister was screaming "YOU TAPED OUR MOTHER! YOU ARE CRAZY" and the other one when i said, "don't you want to know what happened to Roy" she said that she didn't- it was a long time ago, she didn't really know him, and she didn't really care. That was the beginning of the end with the communication with my siblings because they hurt me just as bad as the things that my mother told them hurt them. It was horrible. horrible... gaslighting- it's one nasty thing.

We actually have a St. Louis news person posting on the Coleman thread. They might have some interest since this happened in MO. If you're interested in "talking" to him PM me and I'll send you his user name.

Thanks ALT, I was kinda talkin about some people that have contacted me or others in the past and present... a newsgroup that is in regular contact, and trying to decide which way to go with it- ... i watched an amazing dateline last night by the way- it closely mirrored the suspicions that I have always had about what happened to my father. It was called "fatal visions". I have never seen anything so closely related to how I perceive someone planning for his own death as my father appeared to be doing, without being aware that someone may have been causing it and suggesting it in his ear at the same time- it was an amazing story. I know when I had my "attack" JF said, "I know you're a fighter, but you're not going to win this one" and urged me to get a handicap sticker for my car, and "lay back and rest"...

do you guys think that a closed deposition, a new channel story, or an hour nighttime news program is the best type of way to "shed light" on something that is in the dark- with the intent to bring the light clearly focused on ONE story and based on facts... I am starting to think that focusing on assisting on getting a very tight deposition done might be even more helpful? would she actually have to answer any question asked in a depostion for a civil case- and could they be automatically used in a criminal case???

I'm going to make the docstoc documents public again because it seems that a few new people are reading..and it's kinda rude to lock them up I guess...

hi Lucky... have you contacted sixty minutes??? i think that would be a good venue that or twenty twenty????

hi nursebemee.. i haven't contacted anyone.. i have been contacted by dateline and 48 hours repeatedly. the 3rd family had been the main point of contact over time and gave those two my cell phone number... they seem really good. I have never sought media attention, just wondered if it would help because of the opportunity presented to our family, you know?

for example.. i saw this thread a long time ago, never posted, never said anything to the news media in the past that contacted either, but the FBI agent that was the most seasoned involved in the case told us specifically that there is no gag order in this case, and that sometimes media puts a little spot light on them and gets them to do their job a little better- then.. he retired :( he was so so good!

do you guys think that a closed deposition, a new channel story, or an hour nighttime news program is the best type of way to "shed light" on something that is in the dark- with the intent to bring the light clearly focused on ONE story and based on facts... I am starting to think that focusing on assisting on getting a very tight deposition done might be even more helpful? would she actually have to answer any question asked in a depostion for a civil case- and could they be automatically used in a criminal case???

She would have to answer ANY question asked at a depo. Her attorney can object on record, but she has to answer. If she refuses, then a judge can compel her to do so, and judges usually do.

I would imagine, but do not know for sure, that any info in a depo can be used by LE.

you know suzi q... i am going to focus on the deposition. I think that is where the help will be the most valuable.

I want to tell you where most of my guilt lies.. I remember when I had some real "clarity" that something was wrong with my step-dad. I called my uncle jim, a physician and told him my suspicions and asked for his help. I told him that if he thought I was nuts that I would be happy to hear it and get some help- but he gave me a little advice, making a long story short, he said he'd help me get to the bottom of it and to keep it quiet.

so.. some time later, he came out to utah, first time in in several decades he'd ever darkened the doorstep of my mother's house- more because of convenience in the missouri meeting place than any strained relationships.. but he traveled out with my aunt carole. he left her house, not able to see.. went home- had plaques all over his brain, and died a short time later. I am haunted by that. he was a 52 yr old seemingly healthy physician with life by the tail when he arrived in utah.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back