GUILTY MO - Ebony Jackson, 30, St Louis, 4 January 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ebony Jackson's family pleads for killer to surrender
The body of Jackson, 30, of Moore, Okla., was discovered Tuesday in the trunk of her car on Elmbank Avenue, four days after her 3-month-old baby was found abandoned but safe in a Breckenridge Hills apartment complex.

“You had enough heart to make sure that the baby was OK,” said Mosley, as she spoke with reporters at a community vigil on Elmbank, near the site of the discovery of Jackson’s body. “Turn yourself in, because I’m sure wherever you are, this is eating you up.”

More (though nothing new on investigation) at the link:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_4a5c3b07-a62a-56a0-bfc1-2ad931bd98ae.html

Ebony Jackson's family pleads for killer to surrender

More (though nothing new on investigation) at the link:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_4a5c3b07-a62a-56a0-bfc1-2ad931bd98ae.html

Her mom breaks my heart. I really hope the baby is back with his dad and the family. I'm sure he is their only source of comfort right now.

Idk why but I have a really bad feeling that when the killer is found their identity is going to cause the family even more heartache and suffering.

Her mom breaks my heart. I really hope the baby is back with his dad and the family. I'm sure he is their only source of comfort right now.

Idk why but I have a really bad feeling that when the killer is found their identity is going to cause the family even more heartache and suffering.

I agree. As rampant as random crime is in that area, I have a terrible feeling this person will not only end up being someone Ebony knew, but also someone her family at least knew OF, if not knew personally. JMO.

I agree. As rampant as random crime is in that area, I have a terrible feeling this person will not only end up being someone Ebony knew, but also someone her family at least knew OF, if not knew personally. JMO.

I kinda expect to see a female perp here. It would fit with the way the baby was left and the single shot to the head but I don't think a single female could have placed Ebony in the trunk. There are some confusing dynamics at play here. Think we have a m/f pair?

Does anyone have any ideas about why it's taking so long to reunite the baby and the daddy? I know they had to do paternity test but why? If LE considered the baby abandoned by the mother as they are now saying then why wouldn't they hand Donovan back to his dad as soon as they validated baby D's information? Does it make a difference because they were not married? If Mr Proms' name is on the birth certificate then legally isn't he the father, period? I also cannot figure out how LE can possibly "clear" anyone at this point. Not possible to clear anyone of "any" involvement until they know what happened AFAIK.

Does anyone have any ideas about why it's taking so long to reunite the baby and the daddy? I know they had to do paternity test but why? If LE considered the baby abandoned by the mother as they are now saying then why wouldn't they hand Donovan back to his dad as soon as they validated baby D's information? Does it make a difference because they were not married? If Mr Proms' name is on the birth certificate then legally isn't he the father, period? I also cannot figure out how LE can possibly "clear" anyone at this point. Not possible to clear anyone of "any" involvement until they know what happened AFAIK.

Do we know for sure that Donovan has not been reunited with his father? It was my understanding that LE had stated there would be no announcement about the paternity test publicly. If the DNA matches, they'll just turn the baby over.

Also, I heard on the news earlier in the case that the DNA test was being performed because of MO law. The reporter made it sound like the testing would have been required regardless of whether CP was named on the birth certificate or not. What they do about adopted kids, I have no idea!

I personally do not suspect CP at this time, though I in no way trust the judgment of people who have performed such shoddy policework to-date. Has he been cleared b/c they have evidence to support his innocence? Or has he been cleared because the same people who erroneously assumed Ebony abandoned and willingly walked away from her child are making yet more assumptions? I tend to agree with you- especially given how poorly this case has been handled- seems a bit soon to be "clearing" anyone just yet.

I would think that anyone who came forward to claim a baby that was said to be abandoned would need to confirm through DNA that they are the parents. All a birth certificate shows is a baby's name and parents name but it doesn't prove that the baby found is the baby listed on the birth certificate.

Baby D could be back with his daddy by now. I remember reading that the DNA results would not be made public. Also, IMO, if baby D was still in state custody, Ebony's family would be coming out and saying something.

Personally, I don't think that CP was involved in Ebony's murder but that is just my gut feeling. I am not sure what evidence or alibi that LE has to clear CP but I hope it is a way better reason than why I cleared him.

I would think that anyone who came forward to claim a baby that was said to be abandoned would need to confirm through DNA that they are the parents. All a birth certificate shows is a baby's name and parents name but it doesn't prove that the baby found is the baby listed on the birth certificate.

Baby D could be back with his daddy by now. I remember reading that the DNA results would not be made public. Also, IMO, if baby D was still in state custody, Ebony's family would be coming out and saying something.

Personally, I don't think that CP was involved in Ebony's murder but that is just my gut feeling. I am not sure what evidence or alibi that LE has to clear CP but I hope it is a way better reason than why I cleared him.

Thanks! I just assumed the baby footprints would be used to confirm it's the same baby. I haven't heard that Donovan is with any family right now and I kind of thought that if he was that someone would have said so already. The thing that is nagging at me is that in this roundabout way LE now has DNA provided by the Dad and it just feels like baby D. was used as collateral to get that DNA. If that was my baby I would be fuming if I had the paperwork, my girlfriend was missing and they would not give me MY baby. It could mean nothing, it just makes it all the more scary to be a father and have limited rights.

Thanks! I just assumed the baby footprints would be used to confirm it's the same baby. I haven't heard that Donovan is with any family right now and I kind of thought that if he was that someone would have said so already. The thing that is nagging at me is that in this roundabout way LE now has DNA provided by the Dad and it just feels like baby D. was used as collateral to get that DNA. If that was my baby I would be fuming if I had the paperwork, my girlfriend was missing and they would not give me MY baby. It could mean nothing, it just makes it all the more scary to be a father and have limited rights.

I don't think hospitals- in this area, anyway- take baby footprints for identification purposes. They're not kept on file at the hospital, they're just put into a cute little packet and sent home with the new mommy. More of a keepsake as opposed to an investigative/identification tool.

I just dont understand what the big deal is with the public knowing whos custody baby D is in.
If in fact daddy has been cleared and dna has been done, then baby D needs to be in the absolute care of his Dad, regardless of how Ebony left.
Now, if there are any questions as to where daddy was while Ebony was away,then,the best place for baby D is to remain in State custody until all can be sorted out.
I do hope so much that baby D is with his Dad.

I'm scared to death Ebony's case is already slipping out of the minds of the general public here locally in St. Louis. Hopefully that isn't the case, but the longer we go without news, and the more bodies/victims of crime are located in North St. Louis/E. St. Louis (there's been AT LEAST one more murder- I think 2, if memory serves- in North St. Louis where Ebony's car was found, plus a body found in E. St. Louis a day or so ago) the more Ebony becomes a distant memory to many.

Ok, so turns out my husband knows Ebony's aunt... I just never realized it until just now. Actually, she realized it, not me. Just sent me a message saying "hey- isn't your husband so-and-so?" Anyway, she says she appreciates all the prayers and well-wishes, and that she STRONGLY believes the case will be solved soon.

Ok, so turns out my husband knows Ebony's aunt... I just never realized it until just now. Actually, she realized it, not me. Just sent me a message saying "hey- isn't your husband so-and-so?" Anyway, she says she appreciates all the prayers and well-wishes, and that she STRONGLY believes the case will be solved soon.

Thank you for sharing with us and please let her know that so many of us here have came to love Ebony and her precious child and we won't ever forget or stop fighting for justice.

I cannot believe they have not identified the 'friend' yet. Or have they?

What is up with this investigation? I really thought this would be a quick arrest.

What is up with this investigation? I really thought this would be a quick arrest.

Me too. At least that's what I hoped, anyway. I know LE neglected to process crucial areas for evidence (car seat, area baby was found) in the beginning, but I would think there must be SOMETHING left behind in her car. Could they still be processing it? I just hope LE's silence isn't indicative of no progress. I hope they've got all of it worked out, suspect and everything, but just haven't made it public yet for whatever reason.

I am still shocked and utterly disgusted at how badly this investigation was botched. I know we should be thankful that LE was quick to get the baby identified but what about his mother? Can they say they did their best by her? They painted her as a horrible mother from the start and were slow to even offer her family an apology after finding her dead. I hope a lot of hard questions get asked and LE is forced to provide answers. Nobody deserved the treatment that Ebony was given. Nobody.

Maybe the friend came forward and has been ruled out? I don't know. It seems to me if it was the friend there has got to be some evidence in the car and people had to have seen them together somewhere. Just to clarify things...Ebony arrived on Wednesday correct? Or do we even know this? I believe she left OKC Wed. but do we know for sure when she arrived in the STL area? If she arrived Wed. was she with this friend since her arrival? I still think it's possible that the friend came with her or she picked them up along the way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back