GUILTY MO - Ebony Jackson, 30, St Louis, 4 January 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Post-Dispatch timeline, 01.02 - 01.09
TIMELINE OF EBONY JACKSON CASE

Wednesday, Jan. 2: Craig Prom comes home from his job as an exterminator for the Oklahoma Housing Authority to a note from his girlfriend, Ebony Jackson, saying she needed her space and she had taken their 3-month-old son to visit family in East St. Louis.

Thursday, Jan. 3:

8:15 p.m.: Jackson stops at a neighbor's house in East St. Louis after her aunt doesn't answer the door.

10 p.m.: Jackson leaves the neighbor's home and talks to her aunt on the phone. Her aunt hears the baby crying in the background and Jackson tells her she would come to her house in the morning.

Friday, Jan. 4:

5 to 7 a.m. Jackson's son, Donavon Prom, is found wearing a clean diaper, with a full bottle nestled next to him in a heated and enclosed hallway inside the Hickory Trace Apartment complex in Breckenridge Hills. Jackson and her cream-colored 2004 Mitsubishi Galant are no where to be found. Her cellphone transfers calls directly to voicemail.

Breckenridge Hills police do not collect any evidence from the scene where the baby was found.

Saturday, Jan. 5: Breckenridge Hills police asked Jackson's mother, Stella Jackson of Denver, to call the car dealership to activate a GPS device inside Jackson's car, which she told them existed in case of financial default. Stella Jackson is the car's owner. The dealership tells her only police can request it be activated with a court order.

Monday, Jan. 7: Breckenridge Hills police apply for a court order to force the car dealership to activate the GPS system.

Tuesday, Jan. 8:

10 a.m.: The GPS device leads Breckenridge Hills police to Jackson's car parked along the 4400 block of Elmbank Avenue in north St. Louis.

Noon: The vehicle is towed to the St. Louis County Crime Lab at the request of Breckenridge Hills police, who then apply for a search warrant to open the vehicle.

4:30 p.m.: Police open Jackson's vehicle and discover Jackson's body inside the trunk. She had been shot once behind one of her ears.

7 p.m.: Breckenridge Hills police notify Jackson's mother of her daughter's death. St. Louis homicide detectives assume the investigation.

Wednesday, Jan. 9: The St. Louis Medical Examiner determines Jackson died from a single gunshot wound.
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_252ada04-cb27-5b79-a3e8-727a1eb4c961.html

This was the article where I first learned that Donovan's car seat was never processed for prints, nor was the scene where he was found. This is what set me on my rampage to begin with. It's awful, isn't it?? :furious:
Yep. I didn't notice the timeline beside it till I went back to read it again later. Too boggling.

So Ebony left on Wednesday but did not visit with anyone in the STL area until late Thursday? So where did she stay Wednesday night?

When did Ebony say she was with a friend? Was that when she talked to her Aunt after she left the neighbors house at 10?

When did Ebony say she was with a friend? Was that when she talked to her Aunt after she left the neighbors house at 10?

That is my understanding. There was an early report that she told her Mom she was with a friend. But later this report saying she told the Aunt she was with a friend and the Aunt could hear the baby. I'm not sure if she told both of them this or the first report was a mistake.

So the baby had a dry diaper?

The timeline left out the communication with the cousin JS on Thursday who lives in St John.

With a dry diaper that tells me he wasn't there for long. I wonder if they've determined a time of death for Ebony?

May have missed this - about the child's father, cleared early when Breckenridge Hills PD was the lead agency; what with StL Metro PD Chief Dotson saying they're starting the investigation from scratch, does anyone know his status right now?

May have missed this - about the child's father, cleared early when Breckenridge Hills PD was the lead agency; what with StL Metro PD Chief Dotson saying they're starting the investigation from scratch, does anyone know his status right now?

I haven't heard. That's why I was thinking it'd be best not to rule anything/anyone out at this point. Breckenridge has zero credibility in my book.

I really wish we knew what time she made those phone calls on Thursday. Knowing that would help me, maybe, rule out the last person who said they seen her.

I really wish we knew what time she made those phone calls on Thursday. Knowing that would help me, maybe, rule out the last person who said they seen her.

Agreed. Wasn't it reported that she called or texted the cousin JS in St John and told him she was on her way. And didn't she call and say (or leave a message that said) can you hear me? What happened to those in the timeline? St John is close to where the baby was found.

I keep checking & hopping to see "ARREST" added to Ebony's thread's title.

has little Donavon been reunited with his father yet? Or is father at least getting to visit his son?

has little Donavon been reunited with his father yet? Or is father at least getting to visit his son?

No one is saying one way or the other. I have to assume they've been reunited. If it turned out that the DNA didn't match, we'd likely have heard about it on the news, as they'd still be trying to get in touch with baby Donovan's father- and of course the mystery would have deepened.

I had sincerely hoped that they would at least have publicly announced a POI at this point, or at least someone they were looking to question. I'm afraid that with no updates or inquiries from the media that this case will fall off the radar and no justice will be served for Donavon or Ebony.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbod153
Back