GUILTY MO - Ebony Jackson, 30, St Louis, 4 January 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's all about the mystery friend who has not come forward.

I agree. Also, didnt her boyfriend say that he was surprised about her leaving on this trip? And she just left a note saying she needed some space?

It makes me wonder if she was manipulated by this friend to take this little road trip. JMO

Carjackers probably aren't out looking to heist a 2004 Mitsubishi Gallant.

Carjackers probably aren't out looking to heist a 2004 Mitsubishi Gallant.

No that's why I said possible robbery or sexual assault. Its obvious they didnt want the car. She was a woman alone at night. (and in bad neighborhoods)Hopefully not caring a lot of cash for this trip. it's possible as low as baby carriers sit they didnt see baby or didn't care.

I thought cousin Js wasn't home as well bc he had missed calls from her.

Hoping that forensics will match an ex-con or someone who has been arrested in the past. It seems unlikely that a previously arrest-free person would resort to this type of a murder.

No that's why I said possible robbery or sexual assault. Its obvious they didnt want the car. She was a woman alone at night. (and in bad neighborhoods)Hopefully not caring a lot of cash for this trip. it's possible as low as baby carriers sit they didnt see baby or didn't care.

I thought cousin Js wasn't home as well bc he had missed calls from her.

I never read that JS wasn't home, only that he had a missed call. He could have been in the bathroom or something. She had talked to him or texted him or something and said she was on her way to his house. I get lots of missed calls when I'm home because I don't have my phone attached to my hip. I don't know if this message he got was on a landline or cell phone.

No arrests? Nothing new? Is baby with Daddy yet?

I can't find anything new, though I admit when I was scanning the P-D I did wind up reading three articles about the Cardinals, so there's that. I sort of expected the Oklahoman to have their article - the one in which they solicited area acquaintances of Ebony to contact them - up today, but can't find one. They may be saving it for Sunday paper - in which case it probably won't be available online till Monday. Grrr....

So frustrated with all of these cases where the police have the need to apologize to family....I know many LE offices have cut man hours and man power but sometimes you just have to throw caution to the wind and dive head first into these missing persons cases...if it turns out that there was no need for alarm then....Isn't that great? I feel like I have echoed that same sentiment so much lately. :banghead:
So much tooooo little tooooo late...:moo:

RIP Ebony. Another beautiful child having to live with the murder of his mommy! :furious:

Naive, I know, but I'm actually surprised no arrest yet. Whether this was a random attack or a crime committed by someone known to Ebony, I really feel there must be an abundance of evidence between cell record, processing of car, GPS data, etc. That combined with the PR nightmare LE is dealing with after having to publicly apologize to Ebony's family made me so sure an arrest would be swift. I know it's still early, but no news makes me really uncomfortable.

It does take time to get the cell records, gps records, process the vehicle etc. How much time? I don't know? But I agree that there has got to be evidence!

Which county or LE agency would be making an arrest? And does that agency have a website where they list arrests? (wishful thinking)

St. Louis Metro Police I think is in charge of the case now.

Which county or LE agency would be making an arrest? And does that agency have a website where they list arrests? (wishful thinking)

It's the City of St. Louis Metro Police Department. Which is a good thing. Breckenridge Hills PD didn't have the manpower, IMO to handle something like this (as we saw firsthand when this case first hit the news). St. Louis County has a lot more resources than Breckenridge, but they are stretched very thin. The best place for this investigation is right where it is right now.

I don't think SLMPD has a public database online of arrests, but here's their website:

http://www.slmpd.org/records.html

what if she simply madeup the "friend" so her family was not worried about her being alone?...

No, probably not. She made trips like this in the past, and she did indicate that she needed to find shelter for the night, so probably not. Where is this person?

I'm kind of thinking this friend is male. Not 100% sure why I think that, other than finding it strange she had apparently opted to stay with this "friend" with no name rather than any of the myriad of aunts and cousins she had here locally. Also, that she never named this person makes me think she didn't want anyone to know the person's identity. If the friend is male, that makes sense. She wouldn't have wanted her live-in boyfriend to find out, same with her family. JMO.

Statement from family spokesperson about the money that Pine Lawn raised.

Linda Lawson, a friend and spokesperson for the family of Ebony Jackson, said she was overwhelmed by the outpouring of support for the fundraising effort in Pine Lawn.

“We have seen the absolute worst of humanity,” Lawson said, referring to Jackson’s murder. “Now we have seen the absolute best of humanity…the absolute best.”

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/01...t-8000-for-info-in-ebony-jackson-murder-case/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back