GUILTY MO - Eddie Salazar, 8 months, Carthage, 4 February 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What made this guy think that he would be the one to get away with this story?!?! It was almost identical to Aveion's step-dad's story. Honestly... Did he not hear the outcome of Aveion's story? Did he think he could convince police that masked men are running around all across the country knocking out dads and stealing babies? UGH!

Poor baby Eddie.

I'm assuming this info was gained by media through the presser. They announced this presser last night.

This kinda implies daddy was doubted pretty early on IMO

There are also the "rumors" that Baby Eddie was found deceased already?? Maybe they were giving him time to tell the truth?

I'm assuming this info was gained by media through the presser. They announced this presser last night.

This kinda implies daddy was doubted pretty early on IMO

Exactly. When I read that they'd hauled the car in very soon after the report of the disappearance, my hinky-meter commenced to jangling.

The FB comments mentioned that state that the rumor is that Eddie has been found were posted yesterday at 1:59 pm, and last night at around 2 am. As Kim says, the presser was announced last night, so there could be more to these "rumors" than pure speculation....

There are also the "rumors" that Baby Eddie was found deceased already?? Maybe they were giving him time to tell the truth?

I agree and it makes me hope the beating he gave himself is no where near what he will get in gp.

If those rumors are true I'd love to have 5 minutes with daddy.
I am so sick of the senseless murders of these innocent little babies. What in the world could an 8 month old do to set off his own father to do such a thing.

If he was found deceased they would have canceled the Amber. They don't leave them active just to get the truth out of parent.

jmo

Wow, I guess the best case scenario now is that they sold the baby to an adoptive family days ago, then reported this as a cover-up. That's not exactly a "best case scenario" as one usually thinks of it, but it might be the best hope the baby's alive.

They added a little to the report:

As of now the child has not been located. An extensive search is still underway with efforts concentrated east of Carthage, near County Road 90 and Ivory.

The child's mother, Yadira Aguilar, is currently cooperating with investigators.

Police are no longer searching for the two masked men described in the original Amber Alert.

LE must think they have the right person in custody.

Here's the KOAM update:

Updated Feb, 2:55 PM CST

By ELIZABETH MATTHEWS

At 5:30pm on February 5th, Eddie Salazar, Sr. - born February 2, 1981 - was arrested by the Carthage Police Department for filing a false report.

During the course of this investivation Salazar has lied to investigators, implicating an individual in the kidnapping who was later proven to be completely uninvolved in this incident. Other details have also since been proven to be untrue.

The child's mother's, Yadira Aguilar, has continued to cooperate with investigators. The couple's three year old son is ok.

The child still has not been found but the search continues and the Amber Alert is still active

More than 75 investigators are working the case and searching in and around the Carthage area.

http://www.koamtv.com/global/story.asp?s=11939060

Google map of County Road 90 and Ivory look like heavy woods.

"As of now the child has not been located. An extensive search is still underway with efforts concentrated east of Carthage, near County Road 90 and Ivory."

County Road 90 and Ivory are actually the same stretch of road. One turns into the other.

2zi1taq.jpg

Joplin Globe update:

CARTHAGE, Mo. — Eddie Salazar, 29, the father of a missing eight-month old Carthage boy of the same name, was arrested Friday night on charges of filing a false police report, Carthage Police Chief Greg Dagnan said today.

Authorities said a name that Salazar gave them as one of the suspects in the events leading up to what was originally reported as a kidnapping has been cleared. Dagnan declined to release that name.

Salazar alleged one or two masked men jumped him late Thursday night at his home, knocked him out and abducted the child.

Salazar is being held in the Carthage city jail on a $100,000 bond.

The mother of the missing child, Yadira Aguilar, is not considered a suspect and continues to be cooperative, according to police.

Dagnan said the search for the child is continuing.

“I feel very strong pressure and a sense of urgency,” he said, noting that cold weather and snow are expected to arrive tomorrow.

“If the child is out in the elements, it is gravely concerning.”

http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/local_story_037160716.html

Joplin Globe update:

“I feel very strong pressure and a sense of urgency,” he said, noting that cold weather and snow are expected to arrive tomorrow.

“If the child is out in the elements, it is gravely concerning.”

Is the $100,000 bond high for filing a false report? Also I note he was arrested last night.

Yep, gliving, that jumped out at me too.

Did you see he was arrested last night? And today they are searching east of town. I hope he's cooperating. And LE seems to have some hope if they are concerned with the weather. Still, it's been too cold for a baby in a onsie and socks.

Did you see he was arrested last night? And today they are searching east of town. I hope he's cooperating. And LE seems to have some hope if they are concerned with the weather. Still, it's been too cold for a baby in a onsie and socks.

Yes, and one can only hope. I'm about 50 miles south of Carthage, in OK, and we're expecting 4-8", but the brunt of the storm is supposed to push through southeast KS and into the Carthage area.

Much like the boyfriend in Marc Bookal's disappearance, with the child endangerment charges or Aveion's step-dad's felony child neglect, improper disposal of a human body and obstruction of justice charges.

They are charging him with this and holding him on a high bond, in hopes that they can find Eddie's body then charge him with murder charges.

Another KOAM update:

Updated Feb 5, 3:15 PM CST

According to Missouri Case.net, an Eddie Salazar of Carthage born in 1981 pled guilty to 2nd Degree Robbery in December 2003 and was sentenced to ten years of incarceration. KOAM is working to get more details on this incident.

According to Case.net, this individual also pled guilty to 2nd Degree Property Damage in 2000 and Stalking in 2001.

http://www.koamtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11939060

Egad.

Joplin Globe

The father of the missing 8-month-old baby in Carthage has a criminal history that includes stalking and robbery, according to Missouri court records.

Eddie Salazar, 29, has, over the years, either been charged with or pleaded guilty to:

- A felony charge of first-degree property damage in 2000.

- A misdemeanor charge of stalking in 2001.

- A felony charge of second-degree robbery in 2001.

- Misdemeanor charges involving driving while intoxicated and driving with a revoked license

Salazar on Friday was charged with filing a false police report in the case of the missing child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc
Back