GUILTY MO - Edward Bagley & others for keeping teen as sex slave for 8 years, Lebanon, 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
State and federal law mandates that foster children be tracked through visitation and school attendance. Of course, I realize that the system is flawed--and most definitely always will be due to that fact that it serves human beings in crisis. We all know that it has only been in the last few years that older teens have received the care they deserve in foster care. Watch out for even more funds headed to that group to be phased in over the next few years. Services and funding are expanding to require states to serve their foster children through age 21, rather than the more common age 18. The federal government has recognized that these are well spent funds.

While it is certainly possible that this child was not reported missing by her foster parents immediately, the school would have to report within 10 days to continue receiving funding for her education. Within a reasonably short period of time, she would have had to have been reported missing due to the checks and balances of the foster system. I hate to be blunt but no child, no visit, no funding for anybody. Surely, there could be corruption and a cover-up and that would certainly add to the atrocities this young woman has endured. The foster family can certainly attempt to move heaven and earth to find the child or sadly, can turn away, but the burden lies with the state as they are the child's guardian. The foster parent is merely acting as an agent of the state in providing a home, care, and supervision. As a foster parent, one cannot even provide a child with a Tylenol unless it is listed in their permitted medication form and it is logged. You are correct, there are many different ways to approach the foster care world.

And thank you for the kind words but I've only been a foster parent for two years. I've worked with foster and adoptive families as an advocate for the last twenty odd years. This is a new world to me. We have ten children who are adopted and that's a completely different issue. Our foster care license is for children who are tremendously challenged (mentally deficient, as this article states). We have a service agreement that clearly mandates that we must report our foster daughter missing to LE within 10 minutes of not being able to locate her. We also must file a detailed incident report within 24 hours which is then staffed at a regional level. The school is under the same mandate. Our daughter turns 16 this week so this hits especially close to home.

I'm just going to have to pretend I didn't see this thread. It's the only way I'll be able to sleep tonight.

I can understand how you feel. I am just the opposite I will not sleep until I have sent this to everybody I think needs to read it. They may try to forget it too but maybe one day somebody will be helped do to being informed.

This is another shocker to me as well... these stories remind me that we have absolutely no idea how the brain functions. I get an instant headache just reading these because my teeny, tiny brain just cannot be wrapped around the sick, sick ideas these perps come up with!

I pray she can somehow heal emotionally! The body manages to usually heal itself but our minds are an entirely different matter!

:praying:

Very well said.

This gives me a small amount of hope. The US Attorney announcing this case is Beth Phillips. Since Ms. Phillips came on board, there have been a remarkable amount of arrests in the Kansas City area. That woman is cleaning house.

http://kansascity.fbi.gov/dojpressrel/pressrel10/kc090910.htm

And yes, one man is the Postmaster General of Nevada, MO and another is a national representative for Disabled American Veterans.

An insider's view of the recent arrest in Missouri. What an amazingly strong woman. She's an inspiration but her story is heartwrenching:

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/09/10/2214552/educating-public-is-crucial-in.html

"She has forced most of their faces and names from her memory.

But the emotional pain, deep and unrelenting, still lingers.

Pimped into prostitution as a young teen by a family friend and her own mother, she struggles to overcome a shattered childhood, torn from her by a countless parade of strangers.

As awful as her own experience was, Shari felt sickened by the allegations that came out of federal court in Kansas City on Thursday about another young Missouri woman enslaved for years with sexual abuse and torture.

“Wow,” was Shari’s initial reaction.

“I hope she keeps her strength and courage,” added Shari, who didn’t want her last name published. “It’s going to be a difficult process for her.....”

more at link

I just cannot decide what is more upsetting - that there were so many PIGS willing to torture and abuse this poor girl or that there was NO ONE looking out for her.

These "men" should all be shot in the genitals and left to bleed to death in a cow pasture.

Too bad that will never happen.

This article has some more info, most of it just more horrific things done to her, so don't read if you don't want to see even worse.
http://www.kansascity.com/2010/09/09/2211420/indictment-alleges-years-of-torture.html

I would like to see an article a pictures of these men and more information about them. I want them to be in jail and to never come out of jail.

STEADFAST warned me and I didn't heed it.

I thought that the horrors I was picturing in my imagination were far worse than any reality. How gruesome to discover that I was wrong. I don't believe I have ever read anything so disgusting and painful being done to another human being for someone else's pleasure.

I warn anyone else before they click this that you will never be able to shake the descriptions (that have already been described as the lesser things that were done to her). They state there was much more that was so grotesque it wasn't fit to publish. The fact it is WORSE than what they reported just makes me amazed that this young woman is even alive to tell about it. These animals that did this need to be extinguished--for good. There has never been any better advertisement for the death penalty than these horrible perps.

Please be careful about reading this article, especially if you're sensitive. :(

I pray for the members of this jury if they don't plead out. They will need therapy afterwards.

State and federal law mandates that foster children be tracked through visitation and school attendance. Of course, I realize that the system is flawed--and most definitely always will be due to that fact that it serves human beings in crisis. We all know that it has only been in the last few years that older teens have received the care they deserve in foster care. Watch out for even more funds headed to that group to be phased in over the next few years. Services and funding are expanding to require states to serve their foster children through age 21, rather than the more common age 18. The federal government has recognized that these are well spent funds.

While it is certainly possible that this child was not reported missing by her foster parents immediately, the school would have to report within 10 days to continue receiving funding for her education. Within a reasonably short period of time, she would have had to have been reported missing due to the checks and balances of the foster system. I hate to be blunt but no child, no visit, no funding for anybody. Surely, there could be corruption and a cover-up and that would certainly add to the atrocities this young woman has endured. The foster family can certainly attempt to move heaven and earth to find the child or sadly, can turn away, but the burden lies with the state as they are the child's guardian. The foster parent is merely acting as an agent of the state in providing a home, care, and supervision. As a foster parent, one cannot even provide a child with a Tylenol unless it is listed in their permitted medication form and it is logged. You are correct, there are many different ways to approach the foster care world.

And thank you for the kind words but I've only been a foster parent for two years. I've worked with foster and adoptive families as an advocate for the last twenty odd years. This is a new world to me. We have ten children who are adopted and that's a completely different issue. Our foster care license is for children who are tremendously challenged (mentally deficient, as this article states). We have a service agreement that clearly mandates that we must report our foster daughter missing to LE within 10 minutes of not being able to locate her. We also must file a detailed incident report within 24 hours which is then staffed at a regional level. The school is under the same mandate. Our daughter turns 16 this week so this hits especially close to home.

My point is, YOU care about the children. You have willingly welcomed many at-risk children into your life - and you have cared for them - even with all the warts.

The foster "care" system in this country does not have fail-safe checks in place. IMO, all foster children are at-risk and vulnerable. They need extra-special caregivers who can shower them with love and prove to them that not all adults are bad people.

That just doesn't happen. How many other young people are out there - vulnerable to this type of abuse and never reported missing or in danger?

STEADFAST warned me and I didn't heed it.

I thought that the horrors I was picturing in my imagination were far worse than any reality. How gruesome to discover that I was wrong. I don't believe I have ever read anything so disgusting and painful being done to another human being for someone else's pleasure.

I warn anyone else before they click this that you will never be able to shake the descriptions (that have already been described as the lesser things that were done to her). They state there was much more that was so grotesque it wasn't fit to publish. The fact it is WORSE than what they reported just makes me amazed that this young woman is even alive to tell about it. These animals that did this need to be extinguished--for good. There has never been any better advertisement for the death penalty than these horrible perps.

Please be careful about reading this article, especially if you're sensitive. :(

I pray for the members of this jury if they don't plead out. They will need therapy afterwards.

You're right. This stuff is hard to take and difficult to carry around in your heart. But I am determined to bear witness to these victims whenever I can. And to help make changes for the better whenever I can.

What else can we possibly do?

Advocates are speaking out and they are trying to alert us that this case is NOT unique. There has to be a way to raise public awareness:

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Advocates-Charges-in-sex-torture-case-not-unusual-102658574.html

Advocates: Charges in sex torture case not unusual

"Advocates for victims of sexual slavery said Friday that allegations of torture, branding and sexual abuse of young women and girls, such as those leveled in a shocking Missouri case, are not that unusual.

"The bottom line is torture is common in these (types of trafficking cases), and having them sell the victim is common," said Linda Smith, a former U.S. House member from Washington who founded Shared Hope International, which rescues victims of sex trafficking. "They are made to do things that you can't even write...."

more at link

Just noticed another fine article about the issue of sex slavery. This woman knows exactly what she's up against in fighting for the victims. An inspiring story about a survivor helping others:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/free-the-slaves/an-american-survivor-of-s_b_710890.html

An American Survivor of Sex Trafficking Helps Others to Freedom

"Trafficked into sexual slavery at 14, Tina Frundt now heads her own anti-slavery organization. Based in Washington, D.C., Courtney's House is scheduled to open a shelter dedicated to rehabilitating survivors of sex trafficking. Frundt is the 2010 recipient of the Frederick Douglass Freedom Award, given every year by Free the Slaves to survivors of slavery who now dedicate their lives to helping others...."

and

"...It takes Tina just ten seconds to let a sex slave know that someone cares about their plight and can help them escape. She does it on the streets of Washington, D.C. at night. Walking casually along, she hands off a simple trinket that contains a telephone hotline number. It's a covert encounter, and Tina works hard to blend in so that traffickers won't become suspicious...."

and

"...It's difficult for Tina to tell her story in public, but she does so to build awareness that American children are being forced into sex slavery on American soil. She has brought her message to the United Nations and the U.S. Congress...."

more at link

Wow. What a truly incredible woman. I was so inspired by her survival and devotion to helping others. Amazing, amazing person.

I don't know if anybody else noted that Tina started her advocacy after her adoptive mother passed. She had bounced from one foster home to another as a young child and was adopted at age 12. This was the home from which she was stolen.

What an incredible tribute to her mother. I think I've found a woman who might be able to help me.

Here's her website:

http://www.courtneyshouse.org

http://www.courtneyshouse.org/Resources.html (some great resources)

You're right. This stuff is hard to take and difficult to carry around in your heart. But I am determined to bear witness to these victims whenever I can. And to help make changes for the better whenever I can.

What else can we possibly do?

Aww Fairy, what a great response. You're so right. The amount of pain/discomfort I felt just reading some of what she went through is microscopic compared to the pain she actually experienced. I hope that someone is taking care of this girl right now.

I keep thinking of those horrible "bondage/torture" websites out there and wonder what percentage of women are having these things done with them against their will--and can't escape. The thought just leaves me cold.

Wintergreen just posted about this case over on the Mohler thread and I directed her here. In looking at her links, I noticed one which I don't think we've seen:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/37203030/Bagley-Indictment]

Please be cautious in reading it, it is very graphic and has lots of triggers in it. Please.

Thank you, Wintergreen, for alerting us to this document.

I just cannot decide what is more upsetting - that there were so many PIGS willing to torture and abuse this poor girl or that there was NO ONE looking out for her.

These "men" should all be shot in the genitals and left to bleed to death in a cow pasture.

Too bad that will never happen.

I am sorry, Fairy girl...could ya tell us how you REALLY feel?

:innocent:

I agree with every single syllable.

Cordes alleged that Bagley has a “long history of sexually violent behavior” and said that investigators had found evidence that he had tortured and sexually mutilated at least one other female victim for years in the past.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/09/09/2211420/indictment-alleges-years-of-torture.html#ixzz0zX4g4tmL

Both Bagley and Cook have done this and recorded it. God Bless and keep those other victims. I wonder if they lived. Given the escalation, I wonder that they decided to bring her to the hospital when she coded??? Someone must have wanted to get caught.

I hope and pray it is enough that she was freed and is safe now.

They damn well better plea this case. The perps

No they shouldn't plea it. If they do, they will get less time. Take their butts to trial and see that they get the full measure of sentencing.

Wintergreen just posted about this case over on the Mohler thread and I directed her here. In looking at her links, I noticed one which I don't think we've seen:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/37203030/Bagley-Indictment]

Please be cautious in reading it, it is very graphic and has lots of triggers in it. Please.

Thank you, Wintergreen, for alerting us to this document.

Dear God, how did she live through all of that? Just horrendous things have been done to this poor child.

Rarely do I grasp for words. Is this child/woman truly alive? How could she have lived? How did she not give up? I think everyone who takes the time to read this, needs to set aside some time to hold her up in prayer or meditation.

Dear one, if you ever read our thread, know that we care and send our strongest healing thoughts and prayers.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back