GUILTY MO - Edward Bagley & others for keeping teen as sex slave for 8 years, Lebanon, 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Another article with some very graphic and gruesome details. Please don't open if this might be a trigger for you. I'm not going to paste any part of this here. I'm not sure where these details came from as they're not in the FBI PR.

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/da...y_cook_kirkwood_sex_slave_murder_for_hire.php

ETA: It's in the Superseding Indictment, which can be found here. I will paste this:

"....Cook has also been alleged to have tried to have the prosecutor in the case -- Assistant U.S. Attorney Cynthia Cordes -- killed....."

If you don't wish to read through the entire document, and I'm really sorry that I did....you can skip to Counts 14-17 which concern Bradley Cook's intention to murder the victim after the arrests had been made.

If you don't wish to read through the entire document, and I'm really sorry that I did....you can skip to Counts 14-17 which concern Bradley Cook's intention to murder the victim after the arrests had been made.
Good advice, Izzy. Anyone interested in reading the attempted murder charges, scroll very quickly to page 26. The few details I glanced were even worse than those I'd read in another defendant's case. Horrible.

I'm still totally shocked that this woman survived her abuse. I have reason to believe that it is expressly due to her challenges. Bless her heart. I can only hope and pray that she's being shown that human beings can be tender and loving. Not everyone is a monster.

I'm left wondering how many other pour souls are out there tonight being subjected to cruelty and torture such as this for others' prurient lust.

While scrolling through the superceding indictment link my AVI detected a threat so I have closed it. I will take you ladies word for it, I can't risk picking up a bug.

A change of plea:

http://www.newstribune.com/news/2011/dec/15/defendant-sex-slave-case-change-plea/

Defendant in sex slave case to change plea
December 15, 2011

"One of six people accused of sexually trafficking a southwest Missouri woman is scheduled to change his not-guilty plea on Tuesday, two weeks after a federal prosecutor said she wasn’t going to present evidence he tried to hire a hit man to kill her. Bradley Cook, 33, of the St. Louis suburb of Kirkwood, is facing seven federal counts in Missouri’s Western District, five of which involve claims he tried to hire someone to kill his accuser while he was being held in a federal detention facility in Leavenworth, Kan. Prosecutors also have alleged in court documents that he tried to hire a hit man to kill Assistant U.S. Attorney Cynthia Cordes.

Cook is facing conspiracy and sex trafficking charges involving a woman who said she was a teenager when she moved into the rural Lebanon trailer of co-defendant Edward Bagley and his wife, Marilyn..."

More at link

Another man sees the writing on the wall. Wonder where this leaves Bagley and his wife?

http://www.newstribune.com/news/2012/jan/06/4th-man-changes-plea-missouri-sex-slave-case/

4th man changes plea in Missouri sex slave case
January 6, 2012

"A 63-year-old southwest Missouri man pleaded guilty Thursday to providing gifts that included steaks and cash so he could take part in the torture of a woman prosecutors allege was coerced into being a sex slave.

Michael Stokes, of Lebanon, Mo., changed his plea during a hearing in federal court in Kansas City, becoming the fourth and final alleged customer to do so. He faces to up to five years [????] in prison, a $250,000 fine and an order of restitution for taking part in a conspiracy to commit sex trafficking by force, fraud or coercion...."

and

"....Prosecutors said that when Stokes was warned in 2009 that the FBI was investigating, he deleted hundreds of photos from his computer and destroyed his copies of Taboo as well as sexual devices he had acquired."

more at link

Five years? Truly?

I am going to assume these pleas carry life time RSO status. After all thes modsnips have simply learned that they should kill their victim next time. I don't know that there is a cure for this kind of sickness-what happens when you get a taste for causing this kind of suffering?

Why is there no mention of the poor unborn babies Bagley murdered?

If the coat hanger abortions were also done without FV's consent, isn't that clear murder? Why is this just a little blip in this whole sick story? Does someone have to die from a botched abortion to be charged?!!!:furious:

How long is this young woman going to have to wait for closure????

http://www.newstribune.com/news/2012/jan/29/trial-moved-man-charged-sex-slave-case/

Trial moved for man charged in sex slave case
January 29, 2012

"....the trial for Ed Bagley Sr. and his wife, Marilyn, had been scheduled to begin Feb. 13. But U.S. Magistrate Judge Robert E. Larsen has ordered the trial to be rescheduled to Sept. 17. Prosecutors allege the couple groomed the woman to be a sex slave after she moved into their trailer in Lebanon while she was a teenager. The woman went to authorities only after going into cardiac arrest following a torture session.

Four alleged customers already have pleaded guilty to taking part in the torture. One man admitted to paying with steaks, cash and personalized playing cards."

More at link

Another article about the delay:

http://www.lebanondailyrecord.com/news/local/article_6968382e-4784-11e1-a826-001a4bcf6878.html

Sex slave trial delayed until Sept.
Ed Bagley called ‘sexual sadist’ and ‘psychopath’ by expert witness

January 25, 2012

"A controversial report from an expert witness and other issues apparently have contributed to a delay of seven months in the sex slavery and torture case of Ed Bagley Sr. "Master Ed" Bagley and his wife, Marilyn Bagley, are the last defendants standing in a federal conspiracy and sex trafficking case being played out in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri. Their trial was scheduled to begin on Feb. 13, but U.S. Magistrate Judge Robert E. Larsen has ordered the trial to be rescheduled to Sept. 17.

A 113-page report by Dr. Park Dietz, a well-known criminal forensic psychiatrist who is working on behalf of the U.S. Attorney's Office, is at the center of a flurry of recent filings in the case. In his conclusions, Dietz wrote that the evidence is overwhelming that Bagley is a sexual sadist and that he "may also be fairly characterized as a psychopath...."

More at link

Pretty common? Really?

http://www.lebanondailyrecord.com/news/local/article_e560edbe-4850-11e1-9723-0019bb30f31a.html

E-mailer weighs in on Bagley case
January 26, 2012

"A practitioner of BDSM says the things a local couple is accused of doing to a young girl in their mobile home - slavery and torture - are pretty common for an adherent to that lifestyle and not illegal at all as long as everyone involved consents. Ed Bagley Sr. and his wife, Marilyn Bagley, face a slew of federal charges related to their alleged conspiracy to keep a woman as a sex slave in their rural Laclede County home over the course of more than seven years.

An e-mail from a self-described "sexual masochist" was sent to the clerk of U.S. Magistrate Judge Robert E. Larsen on Jan. 6 and subsequently included in the Bagley case file. According to the letter writer, the alleged shooting of a dog by Bagley is the only thing the prosecutors have accused him of that isn't routinely practiced by "edge-play" sado-masochists...."

and

"...He went on to describe in graphic detail some practices and characteristics of the BDSM (bondage and discipline, domination and submission, sadism and masochism) lifestyle. "There is no act, no matter how bizarre, how excruciatingly painful, or how extreme that is not practiced between practitioners of ‘BDSM,'" the e-mailer wrote. "... This (the Bagley case) is a BDSM relationship that went bad because the defendant is stupid trailer trash who was not aware that what he was doing is dangerous. If he had not accidentally caused her to have a heart attack, they would still be happily together today...."

more at link

One of too many victims that will forever haunt me.

Right at the top of the page someone said don't read link 2...wish I had listened. I don't know if my brain can process this. This is the stuff horror movies are made of and though I know it exists in real life I prefer to think it doesn't.

I read page 1 and was just going to come to the end to see if there had been justice. After reading at that link, there is no legal justice for this. At least not on earth. I don't even know if the man with the pitchfork can get this one right.

I don't know where on this earth I had decided this kind of thing occurred, but it sure wasn't in Missouri. You will never convince me only 5 people knew and participated.

I will worry even more about every missing person that has not been found.

5 yrs. Really?

I can't believe what I've just read. My legs are literally shaking and I've nearly ground my teeth to powder. I thought I'd got to the point where nothing on the internet could shock me, but apparently I was wrong.

It breaks my heart that there are people out there defending these men.

Though the plea agreement does not state explicitly that Marilyn Bagley will testify at her husband’s trial, it does allow for that possibility. The agreement notes that any untruthful testimony she gives at trial would be grounds to void the plea bargain.

Warning: I think this article provided too many graphic details for a main stream media article, so please don't read the full article at the link if you don't want to be exposed to that.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/06/3951516/wife-accused-in-lebanon-mo-sex.html

I cannot believe I stomached reading this entire thread and the related articles. I am quickly losing faith in this world and the people in it. For the life of me, I cannot understand why there are so many sick SOB's out there. All I can add is I hope this guy gets raped, tortured and kill while he is sitting in prison. It may sound harsh but I've always believed in "an eye for an eye". I am truly disgusted. God bless the poor woman who had to go through this, I hope she finds some peace of mind. :furious:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/11/justice/missouri-sex-slave-sentence/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

(CNN) -- A Missouri man was sentenced on Wednesday to 20 years in federal prison for his role in the years-long sexual torture of a "mentally deficient" young woman that included electrical shock and mutilation, the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Western District of Missouri told CNN.
It was a plea deal and the rest will be sentenced this week. Including his wife.

The restitution request is an odd number, but I hope this young lady is awarded 5 times that amount.

I hope this is a firm 20 that doesnt allow for parole. The world needs to be protected from this group.

20 years is ridiculous. Anyone who had anything to do with this crime should never ever get out of prison!

MOO

IIRC, I received an email once from someone claiming to be associated with the defendants. Right when I first started posting about the case. The email attempted to make a strong case, using strong language, as to why this entire situation was consensual.

It didnt sway me very much, as you can imagine. Of course there was no way to verify, outside of LE, the identity of the writer.

I pray that the victim here has a real chance at a real life which is free from what she has been taught to believe about herself for the last decade or so. This case kills me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back