GUILTY MO - Edward Bagley & others for keeping teen as sex slave for 8 years, Lebanon, 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am sorry, did I read this correctly? Come again??? Admits he paid someone to torture and have sex with this woman...and he will likely get less than 5 years.

Well bully for him-she gets to live with this for the rest of her life. The whole shebang. All of it-Lives with her forever. OMG.

I really hate that the sentencing was not more severe and I do not understand why it wasn't. In Missouri there are some convicted of rape who serve 75-years sentences and our life sentence here is 30-years.

Sad day for the victim in my way of thinking.

I am hoping she can file a civil suit against them.

I have to applaud the St. Louis Post Dispatch for printing the facts about the plea. Several other papers minimize the crime. Even if Noel's rolling on the other men, five years seems horrifically offensive, given what he's admitting to:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/65d6c2d3-8a33-5159-ae84-a790f77008b1.html

"...In Noel's plea, however, he said that he knew that the woman "was not smart and did not appear to have a full mental capacity of someone her age." He also said she "lacked the ability to communicate normally and had a limited vocabulary" and was an unwilling participant in the torture. Noel said that he originally heard about her from a co-defendant, Michael Stokes. Authorities allege that both men watched as Bagley tortured the woman. Noel tortured the woman himself and paid Bagley $300 to watch a two- to three-hour session, Noel's plea agreement says.

He tested some of the devices and described an old-fashioned crank-style telephone used to repeatedly shock her genitals as "extremely painful" when used just on his arm, his plea says. Noel claims Stokes brought Bagley steaks, cigarettes, cots, clothing, lighters and cash in exchange for sex and torture sessions with the woman and paid $1,000 that was used to transport her to an erotic photo shoot in California...."

more at link

Just wondering. Being that one man has said that he knew the woman was mentally disabled and that she was an unwilling participant, does that set a precedent that these facts are indisputable?

This is my hope, Missizzy. It will hope to ensure the others don't get off so lightly.

There's a possible $250,000 fine against Noel. Not that she could could ever collect. A couple of the men were professionals, I believe, but I'm not sure about Noel's financial situation. One of the other accused is Dennis Henry who was a postmaster.

Missouri sex slave case taking some strange twists
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Defense attorneys are lashing out at federal prosecutors over court documents in a bizarre Missouri sex-slave torture case that include allegations one of the defendants tried to hire a hit man to kill the lead prosecutor and another bragged about torturing and killing two people over a drug debt.

Attorneys for lead defendant Edward Bagley Jr., 43, of Lebanon, and Bradley Cook, 32, of St. Louis, argue the additional allegations against their clients would have resulted in further charges or investigation had they been substantiated.

"The government's attempt to proceed in this egregious, improper, and potentially intermedially prejudicial manner is without precedent or authority and should not be tolerated," Cook's attorney, Carter Collins Law, said in a response filed with the court.
---
much more at link above

not for the squeamish: details of the crimes

Shocking New Revelations in Missouri Sex Slave Case

Good Lord. I'm amazed this young woman didn't die long before she wound up at the hospital. Poor little thing. I don't know how, but I pray she will be able to live a relatively normal life some day.

As for her abusers.....I would be just fine hearing they all took their last breaths on this earth TODAY. Where the he!! do these people come from? Why are there so many of them?

I'm afraid this happens to far more mentally disabled young men and women than we know. I just thank God she got our with her life. But no, she will not heal. She's been systematically programmed to be compliant and to accept pain. She will need care and protection and supervision for the rest of her life.

Where did Bagley grow up and what's his history? This extreme lust for torture didn't just pop up its ugly head one fine day. They're all guilty as heck for participating and failing to aid but Bagley is by far the sickest. He did not exist in a vacuum.

I wonder what Bagley's wife's father would say about this? He passed away at 66 in 2008 and left four daughters, one of whom married Bagley. Sounds as if we was a lay pastor. Why is M. Bagley not charged? She shared her bed with this child/woman and didn't protect her or get her help. She's so flippant about how they "were a happy little family". I'm literally disgusted.

I noticed this:

http://www.katu.com/news/national/105609483.html

"....Bagley's wife, MB, said she and her husband knew the girl because she had dated their son. That relationship had ended, Bagley's wife said, but the girl wanted to come live with the couple when relations with her adoptive parents soured...."

This leaves me with a lot of questions. Just why was Bagley's son dating a developmentally disabled girl and what caused her to want to move in with the Bagley family after that relationship ended? This article uses the term, adoptive parents, but I believe the girl lived with a foster family. I still go back to the fact that if she was a 16 or 17 year old in foster care, there should have been better oversight on where she was. For one thing, she was hanging out with a boyfriend and most likely sexually involved with him. Just by carrying an open case, the county and state get federal dollars. Was there casework going on? Visits? Had there been interventions, attempts to find safe housing, employment training, transitional skills training? It seems to me that a whole town dropped the ball. Did not a single soul question this situation? We have the names of a handful of men arrested. Does anyone honestly believe that there's not more?

It's taking all my self control to not read the second one. If it's worse than the original story, I KNOW I will regret it.

Must.not.read.

Bless poor N.

No, SF, please don't. You won't be able to forget it. Yes, it's more and it's worse. Your imagination is plenty. Move on and concentrate on the other issues. We'll readdress the actual crimes again at Bagley's trial.

We all know about the horrific and almost unspeakable abuse but what's most alarming is that Bagley was able to lure others into this plan. I keep thinking about an unforgettable experience I had as a child when I was about 10. I lived in Huntington Beach right down near the pier and almost all the kids I knew were decent kids. Parents were involved. A nice place in the 60s. I can hardly speak of this memory without crying, though. Once on my way home from school, I saw a boy (about 12-14) torturing a cat. I stopped for a second as I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I loved cats and had a beloved kitten at the time. I couldn't look at the cat and I felt too small and helpless to do anything. Before I ran home, I remember specifically looking into the eyes of several school boys I knew. Boys I trusted and liked. They were laughing in a nervous sort of way. Even then I could tell that not one of them knew what to do but no one stopped it. I didn't stop it. I ran home and told my mother but by the time she and I ran back to the spot, they were gone. I could take you back to the very square inch where they stood and it's been 45 years. Of course, the older boy was sick. But there was this prurient interest in the other boys' eyes which I've never forgotten. I learned a lot about human nature that day.

I do NOT give a single participant a pass of any sort in this case. They are guilty. But there's something so much more evil to me about the man who opens the can of worms, who ties up the cat, who cages the child, and then enticing others to look. He bears more responsibility IMO. He unleashed something wicked and awful. A whole group of people let this girl down and turned away from her pain and refused to read her signals. They refused to even see her as a living, breathing, wounded human being.

I've been doing some sleuthing. Will everyone please assure me that this victims' name is no longer connected with this family......please. Surely this must have been taken care of. I have no desire to find out this woman's name but I also don't want others stumbling upon it. If that's who it is. Or could there have been others?

OK, I think I have it figured out. Ed Bagley has 2-3 sons, I believe. It looks like one young woman divorced a son last October, only a month after the arrests. Smart move. There were children involved.

Children around that house??????

And if these are really sons, how can they be around 30, if Bagley is 43? Something isn't adding up. Has anyone seen any local comments?

I haven't seen any local comments that mention his sons. Thirteen is pretty young for a boy to become a father, but it's certainly possible. It's even more odd if the sons are around the same age. In this guy's case, however, it wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Another possibility is that his wife is a little older than he, and the young men are actually his stepsons. Then again, the sons might not be biological offspring of either Bagley.

Dennis Henry, 51, of Wheatland, formerly the postmaster of Nevada, Mo., is one of five men who allegedly forced a mentally challenged female victim into sex work, transported her across state lines for sexual activity, and tortured her.

Henry allegedly would torture the victim for hours in a trailer home located in Lebanon, owned by Edward Bagley.

Henry's plea agreement says he met Bagley in 2000 on a website, and four years later met the woman at Bagley's trailer.

http://www.kctv5.com/news/27312478/detail.html

I see-sewing her body parts shut was part of the consensual act of bondage, right? Is this what Mr. B is alleging? That this was a CONSENSUAL act? Not only that but that she acquieced to being tortured for hours.

And this credit to masculinity that just plead guilty (Dennis Henry) is facing UP to 15 years and a 500K fine. I wonder if they will make sure that any of the proceeds used towards the 500K did not come from the sale of photos and videos of this poor child, now woman.

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Prosecutors charge another defendant in south-Missouri sex torture case
---
The wife of the alleged ringleader of a scheme that purportedly held a young woman as a sex slave for years now faces charges of conspiracy, sex and forced labor trafficking and document servitude.

Marilyn Bagley, 45, made an initial court appearance Wednesday afternoon and was released on bond.

According to the indictment, Marilyn Bagley helped recruit the young woman to live in the trailer she shared with her husband, Edward Bagley, in a wooded area near Lebanon, Mo. Marilyn Bagley also allegedly sexually tortured the young woman to coerce and groom her to become her husband’s “sex slave.”
---
more at KC Star link above

really wish I had avoided reading NOEL's account of the specific tortures involved. And that comment section. That is what frightens me about the anonymity of the web. Some of those commenters. :shakehead:

New Charges:

A man from Kirkwood who was already awaiting trial for allegedly participating in the sexual slavery of a mentally impaired woman in outstate Missouri is now charged with attempting to hire a hit man to kill her.

Bradley Cook, 32, was named on a superseding indictment in federal court here Wednesday, charging him with attempting to tamper with a victim, attempted retaliation against a witness and attempted tampering with a witness.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_3fd50bff-d837-5f8a-9ffc-84d11ec68322.html

I guess Ms. Bagley wasn't as innocent as she claimed. Big shock, hmmmm?

http://www.lakenewsonline.com/news/...list-of-those-charged-in-sex-trafficking-case

Lebanon [MO] woman added to list of those charged in sex trafficking case

"A woman from Lebanon joins her husband and four other men on a list of co-defendants indicted by a federal grand jury for a commercial sex trafficking case.

Marilyn Bagley, 45, joins Edward Bagley, Sr., also known as “Master Ed,” 43, and Michael Stokes, also known as “The Rodent,” 62, all of Lebanon, Mo., and Bradley Cook, also known as “PutHer2GoodUse,” 32, of St. Louis, Mo., all of whom were charged in an 18-count superseding indictment returned by a grand jury in Kansas City, Mo. The new superseding indictment replaces a Sept. 8, 2010, indictment. Edward Bagley, Stokes and Cook remain in federal custody...."

and

"....The couple used internet *advertiser censored* to introduce the girl to sexual activities. Marilyn Bagley allegedly modeled “slave clothes” as part of recruiting FV to become Edward Bagley’s sex slave. Edward Bagley allegedly gave FV marijuana and ecstasy, showed her images of *advertiser censored*, and began sexually abusing her while she was still a minor.

Edward Bagley began sexually torturing FV in February 2004, according to the indictment, when she turned 18 years old and he had her sign a "sex slave contract," which he convinced FV legally bound her to him as his slave for the rest of her life. The indictment cites numerous allegations of a variety of sexual acts, torture, and mutilation over a five-year period.

Stokes and Cook are accused of visiting the Lebanon home and paying the Bagleys to torture the woman. Marilyn Bagley is charged with forced labor trafficking and document servitude..."

more at link

Department of Justice Press Release:

http://kansascity.fbi.gov/dojpressrel/pressrel11/kc033011a.htm

For Immediate Release
March 30, 2011 United States Attorney's Office
Western District of Missouri

Lebanon Woman Indicted, More Charges Filed in Sex Trafficking and Murder-for-Hire Scheme
Victim Tortured as Slave, Forced into Sex Trafficking and Forced Labor

KANSAS CITY, MO—Beth Phillips, United States Attorney for the Western District of Missouri, announced that a Lebanon, Missouri woman has been indicted by a federal grand jury, joining her husband and four other co-defendants who were indicted last year for their roles in a commercial sex trafficking conspiracy.

The federal indictment alleges that a young, mentally deficient woman was sexually abused and tortured for several years at a Lebanon residence and forced to work as an exotic dancer at local strip clubs. Today's indictment also contains additional charges against the original defendants related to a murder-for-hire scheme, witness and victim tampering and witness retaliation, possessing a firearm in furtherance of a crime of violence, and child *advertiser censored*.

Marilyn Bagley, 45, along with her husband Edward Bagley, Sr., also known as "Master Ed," 43, and Michael Stokes, also known as "The Rodent," 62, all of Lebanon, Mo., and Bradley Cook, also known as "PutHer2GoodUse," 32, of St. Louis, Mo., were charged in an 18-count superseding indictment returned by a grand jury in Kansas City, Mo. Today's superseding indictment replaces a Sept. 8, 2010, indictment. Edward Bagley, Stokes, and Cook remain in federal custody.

Today's indictment alleges that Edward and Marilyn Bagley enticed a female victim, identified as "FV," who they believed came from a troubled childhood and suffered from mental deficiencies, into their trailer home in a wooded area. They allegedly engaged in sexual intercourse and sexual torture activities with FV to groom and coerce her to become a sex slave. Edward Bagley allegedly beat, whipped, flogged, suffocated, choked, electrocuted, caned, skewered, drowned, mutilated, hung, and caged FV to coerce her to become a sex slave. Edward Bagley allegedly advertised online that FV was his slave and could be sexually tortured during live online sessions or in person. The indictment states that Stokes and Cook participated in this conspiracy as customers who paid and offered goods to Bagley to sexually abuse and torture FV. The indictment also alleges that Edward Bagley forced FV to work as a stripper and the Bagleys kept the proceeds from that work.

The federal investigation began after Bagley allegedly suffocated and electrocuted FV during a torture session to a state of cardiac arrest on Feb. 27, 2009. FV, who was 23 years old at that time, received emergency medical treatment and was hospitalized.

Today's superseding indictment contains an additional charge against Edward Bagley for possessing a firearm in furtherance of a crime of violence.

Cook is also charged with two additional counts of using an interstate facility in the commission of murder-for-hire, and with one count each of attempted tampering with a victim and attempted witness retaliation, all of which are related to an alleged attempt to kill FV between Sept. 28, 2010, and Dec. 9, 2010. Cook is also charged with tampering with another witness, who is identified as "JP" in the indictment.

Today's superseding indictment also contains additional charges against Stokes for receiving child *advertiser censored* over the Internet and for possessing child *advertiser censored*.

According to the federal indictment, the Bagleys invited FV, who was 16 years old at the time, into their trailer after she ran away from home in December 2002. They promised FV, who had grown up in foster care homes, a "great life," and promised that they would help her to become a model and a dancer, the indictment says.

The Bagleys used the Internet and BDSM *advertiser censored* to train and groom FV (while she was still a minor) to be a sex slave. Marilyn Bagley allegedly modeled "slave clothes" as part of recruiting FV to become Edward Bagley's slave. Edward Bagley allegedly gave FV marijuana and ecstasy, showed her images of *advertiser censored* and sadomasochism activities, and began sexually abusing her while she was still a minor.

Edward Bagley began sexually torturing FV in February 2004, according to the indictment, when she turned 18 years old and he had her sign a "sex slave contract," which he convinced FV legally bound her to him as his slave for the rest of her life. The indictment cites numerous allegations of a variety of sexual acts, torture, and mutilation over a five-year period.

Marilyn Bagley posed in photographs taken by Edward Bagley, the indictment says, where she sexually abused FV. Marilyn Bagley allegedly told FV to "do as she was told" and refused to offer assistance when FV expressed fear of Edward Bagley. Marilyn Bagley benefited financially and by receiving something of value from her role in the sex trafficking scheme.

If FV attempted to stop the activity or cried for help, the indictment says, Edward Bagley escalated the torture. Edward Bagley allegedly threatened to kill FV and demonstrated to her that he could do so by keeping numerous guns in the home. Edward Bagley shot animals that FV cared for in front of her, the indictment says, and bragged about the bodies he had already buried in the woods behind the trailer home. Edward Bagley also threatened to bury FV alive, the indictment says, and showed her a video demonstrating how he intended to do it.

Edward Bagley had FV tattooed to mark her as his property, the indictment says, including a bar code on her neck, a tribal tattoo on her back with the letter "S" to mark her as a slave, and the Chinese symbol for slave on her ankle.

Between February 2004 and February 2009, the indictment says, Edward Bagley tortured FV on live webcasts on the Internet. Cook allegedly watched live video over the Internet of FV being sexually abused and tortured, and downloaded pictures of FV to his computer. Cook allegedly sent images to Edward Bagley of females in his residence that he beat, bound, and tied up to share ideas of how to abuse FV. Cook allegedly used those torture methods on FV when he visited the Bagley residence. Cook gave Bagley a hard drive with sadomasochism and torture videos downloaded from the Internet, including videos demonstrating to Bagley how he could bury FV alive.

Stokes allegedly traveled to the Bagleys' residence and engaged in both sexually torturing FV and watching Edward Bagley torture FV. Stokes gave Bagley steaks, cigarettes, coats, clothing, lighters, and cash. Stokes paid $1,000 for Bagley to transport FV to California in December 2006 for a photo shoot in which FV performed sexual acts. Stokes paid Bagley $300 for a torture session, and also gave him money to build a homemade device to sexually torture FV.

In addition to the criminal conspiracy, each of the defendants is also charged with one count of sex trafficking by force, fraud, or coercion and one count of using the Internet to facilitate the unlawful activity.

Edward and Marilyn Bagley are also charged together with forced labor trafficking and document servitude. The federal indictment alleges that the Bagleys forced FV to work as a stripper and exotic dancer at adult entertainment clubs from June 2007 to February 2009. They allegedly earned approximately $112,200 from FV's work. According to the indictment, Edward Bagley punished FV with torture and physical and sexual abuse for failing to be a top earner at the adult entertainment clubs where he had her dance and strip. Edward and Marilyn Bagley allegedly confiscated FV's identification documents, including her state-issued identification card, birth certificate, and Social Security card.

Edward Bagley is also charged with one count each of using the Internet to entice a minor to engage in illicit sex, enticement to travel for illicit sexual activity, transportation for illicit sexual activity, possessing a firearm in furtherance of a crime of violence, conspiracy to distribute a controlled substance to a person under the age of 21, and being a drug user in possession of firearms and ammunition.

The federal indictment also contains a forfeiture allegation, which would require Bagley to forfeit to the government any proceeds obtained from the alleged offenses, as well as any property used to commit the alleged offenses, including $112,200 allegedly obtained by the forced labor trafficking of the victim, two computers, sex toys and paraphernalia, torture devices, and 11 firearms. Cook would also be required to forfeit three computers, a hard drive, two Xbox 360s, and seven firearms.

Under federal statutes, a conviction for commercial sex trafficking carries a penalty of a mandatory minimum sentence of 15 years in federal prison without parole. A conviction for either commercial sex trafficking or forced labor trafficking that involves aggravated sexual abuse carries a maximum penalty of life in federal prison without parole.

Phillips cautioned that the charges contained in this indictment are simply accusations, and not evidence of guilt. Evidence supporting the charges must be presented to a federal trial jury, whose duty is to determine guilt or innocence.

This case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorneys Cynthia L. Cordes, Paul Becker and John Cowles. It was investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation in conjunction with the Human Trafficking Rescue Project.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back