MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wonder if it was the friend whose house she was leaving........

Rest in peace Elizabeth - what a sweet little girl and now she isn't going to grow up to become a young lady enjoying proms and all the things little girls look forward to. How so terribly sad this is.
My heart is broken and so sad to learn of this tragic ending. Condolences to Elizabeth's family and may they find the strength to get through this.

"The sheriff said a tip line got calls overnight, but wouldn't say if any leads have come from it.

White also said the department has some phone records back from AT&T from Elizabeth's cell phone and investigators are going through those.

That cell phone is now out of batteries, but before it died the cell phone company was able to triangulate its location as deep in the woods behind Elizabeth's home.

Searchers went over that area twice yesterday and didn't find the phone. The family said Elizabeth would not have gone into the woods.
."
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-...v=wall#/topic.php?uid=177698802291&topic=9900

Heartbroken.........just heartbroken.....and {{{{angry}}}}

Fly high with the Angels sweetheart, on clouds of love, peace and joy.......:rose:

Thank you for helping us find you........:cry:

Many prayers for the family....

I wonder, also...wasn't it reported that the grandparents at that house told Elizabeth to go home??
yes it was. The Grandfather. It had also been reported that Elizabeth talked to her mother on the cell phone and told her to come home (it is somewhere in this thread...)

Elizabeth walks four houses away back from her friend's house and ends up dead... deep in the woods (quite a walk I am sure), and we find out another child did it.

Looking at the time she left (1815) to the time she was reported missing (1900)... well that is not much time to kill someone and drag them deep into the woods in the midwest where we currently have quite a few leaves down and lots of mud from all the recent rains. I am thinking this had to do with an argument at the home of the friend and that child followed her out (or could have snuck out after her)... We do know from the presser that this child in custody was an acquaintance.

We also know from the presser that LE White said that they got the letters after the am press briefing. When media asked how and where they got them he declined comment... could it be that the child tried to throw off investigators? Remember that "note" in the Sandra Cantu case??? (Melissa Huckaby rather reminds me of a juvie herself) I also will not be the slightest surprised if we find out that the parents/grandparents/etc of this child~offender knew their own child was not around at the time of the crime but were told another story such as, "I was out playing", "I went out to feed the dogs", etc (just thoughts)

These are all just my thoughts and nothing more... this is a horrible case with yet another horrible ending.

Does anyone think it possible that this "person" crossed Elizabeth's path soon after she started out, offered to walk her home and lured her into the woods somehow? I know it was said she was afraid of the woods, but if this person was known to her, and she trusted them :furious: she may not have been afraid to venture there.

Just an idea that formed soon after I saw the news and it's nagging at me......

just a heads up... but in the last presser, LE White said there would be another presser tomorrow around 11 am CST

I guess the title of this thread should be changed.....sadly

Well, how sad! I guess that is why LE kept so hush and did not issue an Amber Alert. They knew and were waiting for this child to open up to where she was. God Bless her family. May Elizabeth and Somer rest in paradise today!

yes it was. The Grandfather. It had also been reported that Elizabeth talked to her mother on the cell phone and told her to come home (it is somewhere in this thread...)

Elizabeth walks four houses away back from her friend's house and ends up dead... deep in the woods (quite a walk I am sure), and we find out another child did it.

Looking at the time she left (1815) to the time she was reported missing (1900)... well that is not much time to kill someone and drag them deep into the woods in the midwest where we currently have quite a few leaves down and lots of mud from all the recent rains. I am thinking this had to do with an argument at the home of the friend and that child followed her out (or could have snuck out after her)... We do know from the presser that this child in custody was an acquaintance.

We also know from the presser that LE White said that they got the letters after the am press briefing. When media asked how and where they got them he declined comment... could it be that the child tried to throw off investigators? Remember that "note" in the Sandra Cantu case??? (Melissa Huckaby rather reminds me of a juvie herself) I also will not be the slightest surprised if we find out that the parents/grandparents/etc of this child~offender knew their own child was not around at the time of the crime but were told another story such as, "I was out playing", "I went out to feed the dogs", etc (just thoughts)

These are all just my thoughts and nothing more... this is a horrible case with yet another horrible ending.

I agree with your scenario.

I wonder, also...wasn't it reported that the grandparents at that house told Elizabeth to go home??
I thought I read that the grandfather didnt make the usual call to Elizabeths home to say she was on the way home.....IDK....

OMG...about 3 minutes after I leave they find her body. I am so saddened & heartbroken. Fly with the angels, Elizabeth. May God surround your family with his loving arms to help them through this tragedy.

I don't even know what to think of the fact that a KID did this. I hope we hear more soon.

I think the poster who suggested this might be a hit and hide body might be right.

This also crossed my mind - I know I would much rather hear that this is the case than to know that a child killed a child intentionally......(I know it happens - but it's still inconceivable to me :( )

...but then again - I was soooooo hoping and praying we'd have another miracle..

Logistically - I wonder tho, if it would have been physically possible for someone (especially a kid) to recover from the shock of hitting her accidentally, and come up w/the idea of hiding her in the woods, in the relatively short time frame one would have (from the time she left her friends home and before she was discovered to be "late" and her family started searching) - and w/o anyone else seeing anything?

Just my opinon of course and I could be wrong (and if you ask *my teenager I'm wrong a lot) :waitasec:

Do we know what time she went to the neighbors? I'm trying to firm up the time line. It was Wednesday and she had school. Did she get off the bus at her friends? Or did she go home first and then walk there? She visits for about two hours and then heads home.

I'd like to know more about the cell phone records. It's good LE got them so fast. I've heard it can take forever.

Whew! Sorry about the triple post! WS was acting really strange for me then I couldn't get it to load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper