MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I think this would be a very riviting case. Does any else think that IF this goes to trial it will be a fairly short trial? Then again as complex as this could turn out who knows.

I wonder what AB's defense will be IF it goes to trial...

I wonder if this will be covered by Court TV

AAHHH my cable provider here in Canada BITES: I don't get Nancy Grace (no HLN) or CourtTV and I was just whining about this last night!! I'llhave to look into getting American satellite TV if this actually comes about. Now I LISTEN to NG on my Sirius, it's not nearly as entertaining with no vids/pics :(

Actually, JM was on AB's karoke site friend's list and MS friend's list, so I would put her as at least a closer "bff" than TR -- and before her karoke site's account was closed I did copy a late comment from another friend's list "friend" of AB's discussing how JM now felt about AB-- and it was not close to "a person of equal worth or quality" Just a fyi --
I feel for JM :(

I see now that my comment sounded as if I thought JM was a pretender to the bff position. I apologize, didn't come out as intended. I feel for her, too.

JM is way more likely, IMO, to be AB's bff than T/CR is. It's possible that both of these girls, and who knows how many others, believe themselves to be AB's bff. It's a good thing she was taken out of circulation before she had the opportunity to start a cult.

I see now that my comment sounded as if I thought JM was a pretender to the bff position. I apologize, didn't come out as intended. I feel for her, too.

JM is way more likely, IMO, to be AB's bff than T/CR is. It's possible that both of these girls, and who knows how many others, believe themselves to be AB's bff. It's a good thing she was taken out of circulation before she had the opportunity to start a cult.

I didn't see the video...BUT if this girl JM is a straight laced, church going type of girl and then you look at T/CR and well she just doesn't apear to be that type she seems like more of the "wilder" child in the community. Here is my thought on it. She could have been doing the double life kind of thing. From what I have seen of T/CR I see a lot of comments about AB and stuff. So I don't know!
Then again these days many girls call every friend they have their BFF!

" A(n) Counsel Status Hearing has been scheduled for 12/7/2009 at 9:00 AM. This will take place in Cole County, Circuit Division 4 Courtroom located at: 301 East High Street in Jefferson City, MO 65101."

I think it's going to be a long time before we get to trial. The release above says the next meeting of the attorneys is Dec 7. I guess then they will discuss the case and how it's proceeding. Her attorney will most likely stall, asking for more evaluations. The longer her attorney stalls, the more likely it is the public emotion will diminish. Remember they don't even have a place to put her if/when she's found guilty.

It's going to be a long wait.

" A(n) Counsel Status Hearing has been scheduled for 12/7/2009 at 9:00 AM. This will take place in Cole County, Circuit Division 4 Courtroom located at: 301 East High Street in Jefferson City, MO 65101."

I think it's going to be a long time before we get to trial. The release above says the next meeting of the attorneys is Dec 7. I guess then they will discuss the case and how it's proceeding. Her attorney will most likely stall, asking for more evaluations. The longer her attorney stalls, the more likely it is the public emotion will diminish. Remember they don't even have a place to put her if/when she's found guilty.

It's going to be a long wait.

They do have a place to put her! She is a certified adult now. She can go to
WERDCC in Vandalia.
Housing her is not going to slow this case. I DO agree that her attorney will stall so the emotion that comes along with this case will diminish!

Actually, JM was on AB's karaoke site friend's list and MS friend's list, so I would put her as at least a closer "bff" than TR (

WHAT?!?!?! TR wasn't even on ABs myspace friends list???? I'll tell ya, you gotta be pretty f'd up to get denied facebook/myspace friend status by most people.... only creepy stalker dudes get denied by me.

I agree. I think this would be a very riviting case. Does any else think that IF this goes to trial it will be a fairly short trial? Then again as complex as this could turn out who knows.

riviting, yes,,fast,,i tend to think it'll be dragged out,,IMO, there will be alot of things "braught up" so's to speek,,that will cause it to be dragged out..

They only didn't have a place to house her if she was kept a juvenille. She is an adult and adult murderers go to prison.

I have in my vacation time slip for 12/7. I am sure that Alyssa probably won't be in court that day, but I will try to go anyway. I work a short walk from the courthouse so I can come right back when it is done.

They do have a place to put her! She is a certified adult now. She can go to
WERDCC in Vandalia.
Housing her is not going to slow this case. I DO agree that her attorney will stall so the emotion that comes along with this case will diminish!

danni, she's certified adult for trial but Missouri has "dual jurisdiction" which keeps her as both a juvie and an adult.

"..Missouri is one of 22 states to have what is called a "dual jurisdiction" system. Under state law, if Bustamante was found guilty, a judge could consider keeping her under the care of the juvenile system — which is heavy on rehabilitation — until she is 21. At that point, another hearing would be held to determine if she was ready to be released, or sent to adult prison for the remainder of her sentence."

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...418FCF884BEA06B1862576750015EFC9?OpenDocument

She's like a hot potato with neither jurisdictions wanting to take responsibility. They'll toss her back and forth for awhile. And as long as she's locked up somewhere, the public could care less where she sleeps. Most wish her fingernail suicide attempt had been more successful.

riviting, yes,,fast,,i tend to think it'll be dragged out,,IMO, there will be alot of things "braught up" so's to speek,,that will cause it to be dragged out..

A thot has came to me a couple times..if ya look at ABs mug shot,,ya seen the eyes..kinda look puffy,,like "she aint been sleepin too good lately" I wonder why that is,ok, that was sarcastic. I'm sure she's lookin at life without poarole, or the nut-house for years on end..I just wonder if it's all donnin on her..which makes me wonder if she might just have a little bit of the real girl that people knew before she got to this point in her life,,,that's also what other people will probably be asking,,like her atty, I bet he/she tries to use that,,even if it's only a small part of the defence, as to get some little bit of "simpathy"..thats definately gonna be needed to get any kind of sentance becides life withoput parole IMO..

-- and before her karaoke site's account was closed I did copy a late comment from another friend's list "friend" of AB's discussing how JM now felt about AB-- and it was not close to "a person of equal worth or quality"

IIRC the other person expressed that J was upset, and not because of the fact that A was exposed as an evil murderer, but for the family of E

News article with more photos of Alyssa Bustamante: http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/11/23/crimesider/entry5747352.shtml

Click on the photo link under the first paragraph.

Wow!

In the pix of the 3 people and I'm assuming AB holding a knife.....are these her friends (any that have been identifed on TV) or does anyone have a clue? Some of the pix are new ones I have never seen before. At first I thought it was her brothers but then I noticed fingernail polish on the girl being held with the knife to her belly. The other individual at the table with the camera looks more like an adult than young child. U can also see the scars on ABs wrist in which she is holding the knife. If this was just a pix posted on FB or MS....WOW....why couldn't someone have noticed this and even remotely questioned it!

Oh I also noticed on every pix of AB her nails were chewed down far....so how could she have even used her nails to cut herself? Don't see that hardly any trimming of her nails would even be possible....unless they were removing her whole nail!
Those new pix are just creapy.....& those scars. Wow...just really can't think of the words.....

I just looked at the pics..some of them look almost like she's a normal teenager.while others,,well,,i wont go there. I wonder if the defence will use them to say,,"see? she's still (in there) somewhere,,we just need to find her and bring her back",,just a thot...any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx