MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I remember in her clothing description that was released when she went missing that a scarf was included. I am mobile so it's hard for me to search and copy and paste. But I am almost positive I read it somewhere.

From http://missingexploited.com:
"last seen wearing a pink scarf, shirt and sweater, along with blue jeans and white sneakers."

AMW listed a scarf as what Elizabeth was last seen wearing.

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/recovered.cfm?id=68930

"When last seen, Elizabeth Olten was wearing blue jeans, white sneakers, a t-shirt with butterflies, a pink sweater, and a pink scarf. She has brown hair and brown eyes. Elizabeth is 5'2 and weighs 108 pounds." - http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2315665/elizabeth_olten_age_9_murdered_juvenile.html?cat=25

All three from different sources... impressive :)

She apparently planned this in advance. But she wouldn't know that Elizabeth would be wearing a scarf. Wonder what she was going to use to strangle her or was she not planning to strangle her?

She apparently planned this in advance. But she wouldn't know that Elizabeth would be wearing a scarf. Wonder what she was going to use to strangle her or was she not planning to strangle her?

THAT is an interesting question indeed.

I am guessing that since the scarf was there she decided to choke her maybe. She may have figured that would be less messy than cutting/stabbing.

I'm thinking maybe the strangling wasn't in the original plan. JMO. I think she fully intended to use the knife primarily.

I would think they would cover it. Especially since this is an unusual thing for DYS to deal with.

I agree. I think this would be a very riviting case. Does any else think that IF this goes to trial it will be a fairly short trial? Then again as complex as this could turn out who knows.

I think the hardest thing that they are going to have to deliberate is her mental capasity to know what she was doing. She admitted to doing it, she admitted to wanting to know what it felt like to kill somone. She had killing people listed as a hobby on her youtube account. She dug TWO graves a week prior. I don't think they are going to have determine whether she is guilty, but can she be "cured" or "fixed". That is going to be the hardest part for people. She is a 15 year old girl and people are going to want to fix her as opposed to keeping her locked up and away from the possiblity of doing this again.

Like someone posted on the Post Dispatch Dahmer’s first murder was in 1978. He never got caught, his next murder wasn't until 1987, between that time and his arrest in 1991 he killed AT LEAST 16 people.

What is to say that she gets out (because of dual jurisdiction) at the age of 18, or 21 after spending 3-7 years getting "fixed" and then 3 years later she slaughters the body of another young innocent person in her life. What then? "Oh the system failed her" It is already being said the system failed her so don't "fail" her again keep her little *advertiser censored* locked up!

I am guessing that since the scarf was there she decided to choke her maybe. She may have figured that would be less messy than cutting/stabbing.

BBM - Yet she decided to cut and stab anyway. Sad, sad, sad to say, but IMO this girl cannot be fixed.

IMO, she is not able to be rehabilitated. She was receiving therapy more often than the average troubled teenager, she was prescribed medication, and she had grandparents that supported her, yet she still willfully and purposefully chose this path. There are many kids who had it worse than her who did not commit this level of premeditated murder. They may have committed minor crimes, but nothing in this level. She is a sociopath. Her influences in life have little to do with it, IMO. And she had all the help she needed. She still chose to become a cold blooded killer. There's no rehab for that.

Once again, this is all just my opinion.

The Early Show had Alyssa's "best friend" Jennifer Meyer on this morning. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009...5746399.shtml?tag=cbsnewsTwoColUpperPromoArea

I don't think we've seen her before. A pretty young lady dressed conservatively wearing a cross necklace. Maybe there will be a video of the interview later.
QUOTE]

W8nC:
Wow, look at that! Another "bff". Alyssa sure seems to be popular among her peers. ....I use the word "peers" loosley as I certainly pray that no one in her circle of friends/aquaintances truly fits the definition..."a person of equal worth or quality".

Actually, JM was on AB's karaoke site friend's list and MS friend's list, so I would put her as at least a closer "bff" than TR -- and before her karaoke site's account was closed I did copy a late comment from another friend's list "friend" of AB's discussing how JM now felt about AB-- and it was not close to "a person of equal worth or quality" Just a fyi --
I feel for JM :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member