MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Early Show had Alyssa's "best friend" Jennifer Meyer on this morning. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009...5746399.shtml?tag=cbsnewsTwoColUpperPromoArea

I don't think we've seen her before. A pretty young lady dressed conservatively wearing a cross necklace. Maybe there will be a video of the interview later.
QUOTE]

Wow, look at that! Another "bff". Alyssa sure seems to be popular among her peers. ....I use the word "peers" loosley as I certainly pray that no one in her circle of friends/aquaintances truly fits the definition..."a person of equal worth or quality".

Yeah, I've heard that somewhere else, too, that she didn't like first grave, so dug the 2nd. Because of that, I've kind of assumed she had no use for the 1st one, and either filled it in right away, or left it 1/2 dug and unused. I don't tend to think she haad plans to use the other one. In those woods, I'd think there would be tons of roots and rocks making digging fairly difficult, but not impossible, if you pick the right spot.

We had tons of rain in October. I did go walking in the woods a few times, though, as I live in the country and walk a lot. There are places you can get to easily, even when it's wet out, and places that are tougher to get to, or look as if they should be avoided, especially with slick, wet leaves on slopes and such. But if AB was familiar with those woods, and it appears she was (snuck off and spent the night in the woods??), then she would have known her way around better than strangers searching. It would be easy to throw some dead branches and a pile of leaves over the grave(s) to disguise them.

i been wondering about the "graves" myself,,not so much as to why she dug 2,,but how she did it,bein that it'd been raining almost since the friday she dug'em,but when she killed elizabeth,it surely had to be muddy,,digging in mud is VERY hard to do,,i worked on plenty farms before,and mud is some of the hardest stuff to dig in,or cover anything up,plus hide it? it just seems to me, it'd be very diffecult for a girl her age and size to do all this,,after murdering someone,also,,has anybody heard where the shovel is?or was found,if it qwas? and the knife? just wondered,,if anybody knows anything about it.

Wow, look at that! Another "bff". Alyssa sure seems to be popular among her peers. ....I use the word "peers" loosley as I certainly pray that no one in her circle of friends/aquaintances truly fits the definition..."a person of equal worth or quality".

I assumed it was a friend from church. I'm stumped as to why she would go on national tv though. Did her church ask her to do the interview? I can't think of any 15 yo that would go to such extents for a friend that just murdered someone, unless to state that Alyssa fooled many. It won't bode well for her defense as the friend clearly says Alyssa seemed mostly normal.

I'm stumped as to why she would go on national tv though.

Apparently Cindy and George Anthony took a weekend Caribbean cruise with the $$ 48hours Mystery paid them.... I remember a friend getting a thousand dollar settlement and we thought she should move out of her house and live large, so small amounts could entice a teen. JMO

Wow.

That girl sure won't help the defence any.

I wish they'd quit showing the electric fence video. IT IS TRUE....kids who live in the country and have access to electric fences do this stuff. They (we) touch the fence to see how strong the shock is. They dare their siblings and friends to do it too. It's NO BIGGIE. (I hate that they showed the little brothers on national TV in that video. Can they get in trouble for that?) This video does not constitute a warning sign that she was dangerous to others. That's what they're trying to make it out to be, right? It just isn't.

The fact that she told her friend, in January, that she wondered what it would be like to kill someone, WAS A WARNING SIGN, and should have been taken seriously. How many others did she make that statement to? How many others ignored it? Did she say it to any adults?

And droptop brings up some interesting questions, as well. Has anyone heard one word about physical evidence, besides a mysterious written statement? What about the knife, the shovel, the scarf? What about blood and mud and other signs of the crime? Does anyone know if any evidence was taken out of the house by LE?

I wish they'd quit showing the electric fence video. IT IS TRUE....kids who live in the country and have access to electric fences do this stuff. They (we) touch the fence to see how strong the shock is. They dare their siblings and friends to do it too. It's NO BIGGIE. ?
Growing up in the city they play pass-out (hold your neck cutting off oxygen til you faint) and the only difference with Alyssa is that technology is available to teens more readily. I'm sure everyone I hung out with in the 90s would've wanted to videotape themselves to watch themselves pass out.

The fact that she told her friend, in January, that she wondered what it would be like to kill someone, WAS A WARNING SIGN, and should have been taken seriously. How many others did she make that statement to? How many others ignored it? Did she say it to any adults? ?
At least to C/TRs "father" (I'm using the term loosely, father implies a level of responsibility including not allowing your daughter to be friends with someone you and your daughter knows would like to experience committing a murder)

And droptop brings up some interesting questions, as well. Does anyone know if any evidence was taken out of the house by LE?
The only thing mentioned was the diary, and that was by ILC so not 100%

Wow.

I wish they'd quit showing the electric fence video. IT IS TRUE....kids who live in the country and have access to electric fences do this stuff. They (we) touch the fence to see how strong the shock is. They dare their siblings and friends to do it too. It's NO BIGGIE. (I hate that they showed the little brothers on national TV in that video. Can they get in trouble for that?) This video does not constitute a warning sign that she was dangerous to others. That's what they're trying to make it out to be, right? It just isn't.

The fact that she told her friend, in January, that she wondered what it would be like to kill someone, WAS A WARNING SIGN, and should have been taken seriously. How many others did she make that statement to? How many others ignored it? Did she say it to any adults?

And droptop brings up some interesting questions, as well. Has anyone heard one word about physical evidence, besides a mysterious written statement? What about the knife, the shovel, the scarf? What about blood and mud and other signs of the crime? Does anyone know if any evidence was taken out of the house by LE?

As fas as I know,the "only" physical evedence I seen or heard of is that paper they got from the house,and something about a scarf,if that's where they really got it. What did I miss about a scarf? I heard something but didn't catch it all..This is all JMO ofcorse,but I really wonder,about alot of things.

Apparently Cindy and George Anthony took a weekend Caribbean cruise with the $$ 48hours Mystery paid them.... I remember a friend getting a thousand dollar settlement and we thought she should move out of her house and live large, so small amounts could entice a teen. JMO

respectfully bolded by me.

I agree, chump change could look pretty enticing to a teen but where the heck are her parents!?!?

Would any right thinking parent allow their teen to go on national television and claim to be this messed up girl's BFF?????

As fas as I know,the "only" physical evedence I seen or heard of is that paper they got from the house,and something about a scarf,if that's where they really got it. What did I miss about a scarf? I heard something but didn't catch it all..This is all JMO ofcorse,but I really wonder,about alot of things.

Word is, and I'm not sure where it originated, that she strangled EO with a scarf. I believe it was said it was a silk scarf. But in this part of the country, not a lot of us have silk scarves. It's mostly either just a piece of woven fabric, like cotton, wool, or some blend like poly/rayon, or something knitted or crochetted from yarn. You know, whatever they're selling at WalMart/KMart/Target/Kohls.

They haven't specified exactly the COD, but stated EO was strangled, stabbed, and throat cut, so the scarf would be a murder weapon, along with the knife. The weapons are part of "means", I think.

Wikipedia says....
"In US Criminal law, means, motive, and opportunity is a popular cultural summation of the three aspects of a crime needed to convince a jury of guilt in a criminal proceeding. Respectively, they refer to: the ability of the defendant to commit the crime (means), the reason the defendant had to commit the crime (motive), and whether or not the defendant had the opportunity to commit the crime (opportunity). "

JMO, of course.

I don't see the school stepping up and talking about missing the red flags. I know from first hand experience those kds in the goth/emo sene are treated differently than the cliques that run the school. The goth/emo group are labled troublemakes by the way they dress. Not all of those kids were troublemakers they were kids looking to fit in somewhere and the goth/emo group didn't judge these kids. Those kids are ALWAYS GUILTY until proven innocent. They get judged by there looks and not what the kids have on the inside. I have seen teachers have no time for these kids and they want nothing to do with them. That is a shame.

I don't see the school stepping up and talking about missing the red flags. I know from first hand experience those kds in the goth/emo sene are treated differently than the cliques that run the school. The goth/emo group are labled troublemakes by the way they dress. Not all of those kids were troublemakers they were kids looking to fit in somewhere and the goth/emo group didn't judge these kids. Those kids are ALWAYS GUILTY until proven innocent. They get judged by there looks and not what the kids have on the inside. I have seen teachers have no time for these kids and they want nothing to do with them. That is a shame.

I agree 100%..when I was a kid,,(many years ago) we was poor,,the same thing was then as it is now,,only the teachers lookin down on gothic,look down because they don't like what they see,where as when they looked down on me,,it was because they didn't see what they liked,,money,nice name brand clothes,,etc.

respectfully bolded by me.

I agree, chump change could look pretty enticing to a teen but where the heck are her parents!?!?

Would any right thinking parent allow their teen to go on national television and claim to be this messed up girl's BFF?????

I am also wondering why she was speaking from St. Louis. That seemed odd.

I am also wondering why she was speaking from St. Louis. That seemed odd.

maybe the parentals in this instance wanted a free overnight in a hotel?? Who knows what the heck motivates some. Some folks will do just about anything for their fifteen minutes I s'pose.

The school won't stick their neck out for these kids, you are right. The goth/emo crowd, by definition, are kids who don't fit it with what we called Socies & Jocks. They frequently have issues, but not always. They want to fit in, or at least blend in, but don't want to jump through the popular kid hoops.

IMO, all the kids wearing black at JC aren't really goth/emo, even though the school staff may assume they are. I think 15 yr old boys, and some girls, just feel like it's easier to wear black than to develop a sense of color or style. Black, especially with skulls and such, is what the stores around here are selling. Even I have a black hoodie with a skull on it that says "Live For Rock".....and I'm over 50! (it was on sale....what can I say) Then add the Twilight phenomenon (vampires) and Adam whats-his-name who won American Idol this last year (wears black, eye-liner, etc) and you have over 1/2 the kids in town following suit.

Every kid who wore bell bottoms in the 70's didn't do drugs, and every kid who wore leg warmers in the 80's didn't dance. It's more look than life-style.

Dang, I'm opinionated today!! Must be all the coffee......:woohoo:

snip!
Wow.

First of all I think it is TOTALLY irresponsible and frankly down right freaking EVIL that ANY network national or local would air the faces of the other kids or even the grandparents living in that home. They have to contenue to live in that community. They have to go to those school. What the news is doing is only making it harder on the other children! NOT FAIR AT ALL! They are minor children and other than being the sibling they have nothing to do with this case!

As for the electric fence. My husband grew up in the city, I grew up in the COUNNNNNNTTTTRRRRYY. Since we first started seeing eachother he has always talked about uhh... releaving himself on an electric fence! Why because he has heard other people talk about it, I on the other hand....well I like to think that I am a little smarter than that. But in reality the only reason I am "smarter" is because I was just that "dumb" at one point in life! If living in the country and touching an electric fence or talking somone else into touching an electric fence turns you into a killer god help us all. I wonder what they would say about things my uncles did to my mom when she was younger? putting her in the silo so the rats would come running out and the boys could shoot them with a .22. Or the time that my aunt was swinging on a rope swing and my uncle shot the rope apart and my aunt went flying over the bluff! I mean really.

As for the electric fence. My husband grew up in the city, I grew up in the COUNNNNNNTTTTRRRRYY. Since we first started seeing eachother he has always talked about uhh... releaving himself on an electric fence! Why because he has heard other people talk about it, I on the other hand....well I link to think that I am a little smarter than that.

ROFLMAO
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

going back to the scarf.

I wonder if the outfit that Elizabeth had on had a scarf with it?
I know my daughter has SEVERAL outfits that have a little silk or organza scarf type thing that is meant to just hang around the neck. It is the "style" in some adult clothing these days too! She also has a couple outfits that have a piece of the same material that acts as a belt for blue jeans.

going back to the scarf.

I wonder if the outfit that Elizabeth had on had a scarf with it?
I know my daughter has SEVERAL outfits that have a little silk or organza scarf type thing that is meant to just hang around the neck. It is the "style" in some adult clothing these days too! She also has a couple outfits that have a piece of the same material that acts as a belt for blue jeans.

that makes sence to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member