MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well a public defender is not legally supposed to do any less work than a paid defender but sadly that is often the case. However, I dont know if this is a public defender or a private attorney that the judge appointed to do the case pro bono, in any case the defender will have public funds to draw from to put on his defense.

Her current attorney is Jan King, Public Defender. There is a Dec. 8 "counsel status hearing" however; what exactly does that infer?

It is very possible that she fooled her therapist. Obviously, she was fooling a lot of people, so it wouldn't surprise me.
Who sent her to therapy for her issues, was it her grandparents, or the state, school recommended? Did she ask for it?
Just curious, since if she didn't want to be there, very good chance she was fooling the therapist.

I am not sure. I do not think it was the school however. The principal testified that she was a good student and they had no problems with her.

Her current attorney is Jan King, Public Defender. There is a Dec. 8 "counsel status hearing" however; what exactly does that infer?

A counsel status hearing is when a judge asks the attorneys from both sides to meet with him and discuss the status of the case and advises the attorneys to take a certain direction or to do some things in order to get the case moving or resolved.

It's my understanding that counsel status hearing is when a judge asks the lawyers for both sides to meet with him, and discuss the status of a pending case. The judge may then suggest some action(s), or particular path to take, in order to get the case moving along or resolved.

Please correct me if this is wrong

https://www.dadsdivorce.com/father_divorce_forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28257&p=174656

It is very possible that she fooled her therapist. Obviously, she was fooling a lot of people, so it wouldn't surprise me.
Who sent her to therapy for her issues, was it her grandparents, or the state, school recommended? Did she ask for it?
Just curious, since if she didn't want to be there, very good chance she was fooling the therapist.

It was my impression that her therapy was a result of her stay at MidMo in 2007, after the suicide attempt. MidMo probably required her to set up therapy as a condition for discharge. I'd guess it was the grandparents who required her to continue therapy, but that's just a guess.

IMO

Since there apparently has not been a ruling yet on Jan King's motion to move her to a mental facitlity, I am hoping the judge will hear and rule on that motion next week.

Is anyone else going to the hearing?

It's my understanding that counsel status hearing is when a judge asks the lawyers for both sides to meet with him, and discuss the status of a pending case. The judge may then suggest some action(s), or particular path to take, in order to get the case moving along or resolved.

Please correct me if this is wrong

https://www.dadsdivorce.com/father_divorce_forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28257&p=174656

It sounds like this is just a meeting in judge's chambers. I believe Jodibug is taking a vacay day to attend; that may not be necessary...

I'd be saving all my vacay time for the trial! Like a 2 month sabbatical!

It sounds like this is just a meeting in judge's chambers. I believe Jodibug is taking a vacay day to attend; that may not be necessary...

That's what I got from it, I think the judge just wants to know where they are in building their case, and what AB's status is... whether or not she's had her evaluations and whatnot. It may not even be a public hearing.. I'm not sure.. :waitasec:

Is it possible that they could set a trial date from this?

Casenet says that it will be in the Division 4 courtroom.

I don't expect it to take long, but the courthouse is less than a five minute walk from my office so I won't be using up much vacation time.

LOL I am sorry -- here I go posting again to a discussion I think is irrelevant, but

remember the first bff interview at the trial? It is her MS that makes quite a large reference to that group (in the screen name as AKA)

In my search, I also found an interesting reference to AB and ICP on another forum: Someone compared an Urban Dictionary definition of a jugalette/jugallo which reads, "society's underdogs... poor ghetto freaks...eating ramen noodles... drinking Faygo cola" to AB's URL to her former MS (interesting if the connection to ramen and ICP is well known)

Anyway-- in a cursory search I see evidently there are people out there on the internet (including at least one ICP related site -can't tell if it is a fan or hate site :p) who are connecting AB to ICP --and from what I have read here, it the connection is what brought the attorneys here? which I am thankful for!

Btw, CSquare -- It is evident that you are a good reader, so I like tracking things down for you because I always find it lol

Casenet says that it will be in the Division 4 courtroom.

I don't expect it to take long, but the courthouse is less than a five minute walk from my office so I won't be using up much vacation time.

I am going to submit you for our personel Court TV reporter. You are good.

Its not normally in chambers and is usually in open court but it doesnt last long and is certainly not worth attending as a spectator.

LOL I am sorry -- here I go posting again to a discussion I think is irrelevant, but

remember the first bff interview at the trial? It is her MS that makes quite a large reference to that group (in the screen name as AKA)

In my search, I also found an interesting reference to AB and ICP on another forum: Someone compared an Urban Dictionary definition of a jugalette/jugallo which reads, "society's underdogs... poor ghetto freaks...eating ramen noodles... drinking Faygo cola" to AB's URL to her former MS (interesting if the connection to ramen and ICP is well known)

Anyway-- in a cursory search I see evidently there are people out there on the internet (including at least one ICP related site -can't tell if it is a fan or hate site :p) who are connecting AB to ICP --and from what I have read here, it the connection is what brought the attorneys here? which I am thankful for!

Btw, CSquare -- It is evident that you are a good reader, so I like tracking things down for you because I always find it lol

My memory is not what it used to be but certain things when I see them in writting jogs my memory at least to point I or someone else can look and find it. Thanks for the compliment

Could the lawyers answer a question, please. If her lawyer put in a motion for immediate hospitalization on Nov. 19, would it take this long to get a ruling from the judge? Seems immediate is no longer relevant.

Its not normally in chambers and is usually in open court but it doesnt last long and is certainly not worth attending as a spectator.

This is for you and or Andres. Due to the sensitive nature of this case do you feel it will be a longer than normal case or pretty cut and dry short case. TIA

I expect to be there five minutes or less.

To me, it is worth my time simply to show support to Elizabeth's mother.

Could the lawyers answer a question, please. If her lawyer put in a motion for immediate hospitalization on Nov. 19, would it take this long to get a ruling from the judge? Seems immediate is no longer relevant.

Its a bit surprising in my experience with such motions that a ruling wasnt handed down within 72 hours on that motion. I am not sure how this judge operates but most motions of that nature would be ruled on within 48 hours.

This is for you and or Andres. Due to the sensitive nature of this case do you feel it will be a longer than normal case or pretty cut and dry short case. TIA

This will be a longer than average case as you will have a lot of differnt expert testimony coming from both sides. Any time you try a minor as an adult it will be a long drawn out fight on both sides.

Its a bit surprising in my experience with such motions that a ruling wasnt handed down within 72 hours on that motion. I am not sure how this judge operates but most motions of that nature would be ruled on within 48 hours.

Judge Joyce is a very fair judge. From my experience she is very thourough and will not rush to judgement on a desision until she is comfortable with all evidence and then makes her desision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne