DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We do NOT post rumors.

We do NOT invite other posters to PM.

Those are TOS violations.

You will get a timeout.

If you see one of these violations, please hit the alert button.

How many frickin' times do I have to mention this???

Hoppy

Did your daughter drive away from her Dad's and is that in Jeff City also?

Yes, JC. And she literally ran, didn't take her car.

Please don't speculate that this has something to do with the topic. The only way it has affected us, is that the detectives stopped working on her case to investigate Elizabeth missing. WHICH WE TOTALLY UNDERSTAND!!!

There's bad stuff going on in this area and I don't feel that it's "avg"

We do NOT post rumors.

You will get a timeout.

Hoppy

Please let me know if it's me breaking rules. I want to help not hurt!

crimecurious; that was meant for me, the message was received a while back by Patty G

Crimecurious, glad your daughter is back!! I don't want to break any rules, so I will just keep on topic. If your daughter is in same school as AB (if she is the one) and your daughter is 16, can I assume then they are at the high school?

I dunno. He is pretty oblivious to things. I'm more worried about my 16yo daughter who ran away from her Dad's house this morning...

Oh my prayers that she comes home soon. I can't imagine how scared you are.

Welcome coffeetx - thanks for joining us here at WS!

Salem

Oh my prayers that she comes home soon. I can't imagine how scared you are.

Oops sorry was a little late. Glad she has returned home and sorry you guys have a lot going on. Hope that things work out for you.

We do NOT post rumors.

You will get a timeout.

Hoppy

It would be nice if the moderators would just PM the offending poster so us new posters don't feel we've done something wrong. It's really unnerving.

Ditto on the unnerving. Ole Hoppyfrog made me jump out of my skin!!

This whole thing is beyond bizarre. A pre-dug grave? And if LE is not misleading, it may not be AB as Elizabeth's family would certainly know her.

I don't like the weekend lull in information, don't people work 7 days a week now?? :snooty:

I agree but you would think that the local news would do a continous coverage of the case. Maybe nothing new to report.

I agree but you would think that the local news would do a continous coverage of the case. Maybe nothing new to report.

Again, this is hard to expain... but things are a bit tainted here at this point. Gov is in turmoil (just got laid off from my job) and all of the small towns are affected.

It's a known fact that local newspaper and media are not out for "real news". "Someone" is in control.

I don't want to see anyone get timed out. Please do not take this as a criticism to the newbies.

It is against TOS to question or comment on anything that the mods do or do not do. Please adjust your posts so that you do not get into any trouble.

As far as continuous local coverage---we really don't have any tv stations that have continuous news coverage, just the major ones. Fresh news comes out on the radio at top of the hour. Law enforcement keeps investigations close to the vest. This is described as a rural area but our school system is fairly large. Kids in the high school can be in the same grade, but have never met when they graduate. Elizabeth's residence is on the outskirts of Jefferson City and in JC school system. I have lived here 17yrs with 4 kids having graduated from school here. I don't know anyone from the area where Elizabeth lived. So it is a little hard for some of locals to find out anything too. Its a big enough area to not know a lot of stuff going on, but small enough law enforcement is not going to let anything out because it could get to people involved in the case. I am sure there are a lot of people who know all people involved but they would be talking among themselves and not on a website. So hope this helps answer the question about why there is not much out and where are the locals.

Now that LE has arrested a juvenile that gave them the information leading to Elizabeth's body/location, according to previous news, my guess would be that they are being very careful in sharing too much with news/media due to the age of the POI.

Perhaps, if this had been an adult SO, we would have more news and media coverage.

I'll just sit patiently, until we learn of what happened to Elizabeth. Prayer's for her family and friends. :angel:

If this was an adult, the name would have been given, but details of the investigation would not have been given out by law enforcement. At least nothing like the document dumps they did in Florida. I don't believe the prosecution would want anything getting to the defense until the would have to give it to them and I believe that would be after a prelim hearing.

Just wanted to find out if posting regarding a comment TO a news item-- ie the newspaper or news-stations websites where individuals can go on and comment--- is ok? Or does it fall under "rumor".

Someone ref'd a comment made on Huff Post's site, and I found it very useful and interesting to go read that. There were soooo many comments there, it would have been a lot to wade through, so our WS clue on what to look for helped me a lot. But I don't want to post anything in the future that is inappropriate!!
TIA!

I read somewhere else from a person who claims to be from the community that there is a good chance that a member of a fairly prominent family will be involved. They may even be family of someone in LE. That makes me wonder if there isn't someone else involved.

snipped...

Our suspect AB's mother has a half sister who works for MODOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub