MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The cat is so totally out of the bag. I mean, the cat has been out of the bag so long that if you asked the cat about the bag, the cat would be like, "Oh, the BAG? That was forever ago." And then the cat would roll its eyes and go back to being out of the bag.

lol
Yes, and we knew it first thanks to our hit and run poster on the other thread.

Oh wow, the casenet info has been removed. That's VERY ODD.... they are public court documents. Can they do that?

That was a shocker. I guess they can. Kinda makes you wonder who can have cases removed. Governor ? CPS ? I know family court cases are closed, but they didn't remove the other child's case.
I guess this confirms the 'rumours'.

In my humble opinion, It sounds to me like the perp had to convince E to go back to the woods with her.

Thanks to all of you who have posted links to stories. It is so much more interesting to read the comments than the actual story.

Am I remembering correctly that a hearing for "it" to be tried as an adult has to be within 48 hrs?

They have a right to a detention hearing which is usually within 3 days. A Juvenile can be detained for 24 hours without a court order. They can be detained longer with a court order. I believe they have probably had a detention hearing and established a court order to keep this juvenile in custody for a longer period of time.

Basically, the hearing that must take place within 24 hours (if the individual is going to be retained in custody) is a hearing to decide if the juvenile should be retained in custody and has nothing to do with if the juvenile should be tried as an adult.

In my humble opinion, It sounds to me like the perp had to convince E to go back to the woods with her.

BUT if they ride 4-wheelers around there a lot, could AB said she would take Elizabeth home on a 4-wheeler and take her into the woods to do what she wanted to do instead?

It's hard to guess what might have happened. I believe she was leaving that home (read that she did call her Mom and say she was on her way), but I also believe she had to have been lured into the woods to that exact location where she was found. So why would she willingly go into the woods? If I was 9 and afraid of the dark and someone took my cell phone and ran into the woods, I would go home and tell my mom. I think it would have to be more that AB enticed her into the woods somehow - told her she had something cool to show her or something. I just don't know. Maybe she threatened to hurt her if she didn't follow her. I think she had to have been murdered at the location her body was found. I don't think she was moved, unless she had more physical help.

BUT if they ride 4-wheelers around there a lot, could AB said she would take Elizabeth home on a 4-wheeler and take her into the woods to do what she wanted to do instead?

Good theory.

That is what I mean by convincing her. Meaning getting her back there alive so she goes under her strength rather than dragging her back there after she was killed. She could have even twisted her arm and threatened her not to scream. I haven't heard anyone say if the perp had four wheelers, but they make noise and someone may have heard that. I know some of the neighbors said some kids did four wheel back there, but LE said very well concealed, so seems to me too much brush to get four wheeler deep into the woods where it is said she was buried.

Exactly what I was thinking... Because if she had help, wouldn't they have arrested someone else too?

I don't know if I can post this if not please remove, but on this page read comment #236

http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?t=359777&page=6

I had read this as well-- doesn't the timing seem strange? It appears that LE was called and searching pretty quickly, and one would think they would start out in the neighborhood. How much time could the perp have possibly had? It just seems like the murder must have happened pretty quickly.
If the perp is who we think it is, how much time could she (who looks tiny) have had to get Elizabeth out to the woods, kill her, hide the body and get back home? Due to the timing, locations and size of victim and our suspect, I just can't imagine that the perp acted on their own...
And if the account from spacemonkey is indeed correct, then it would seem to me that the murderer would spend more than just a few minutes with the victim...

I had read this as well-- doesn't the timing seem strange? It appears that LE was called and searching pretty quickly, and one would think they would start out in the neighborhood. How much time could the perp have possibly had? It just seems like the murder must have happened pretty quickly.
If the perp is who we think it is, how much time could she (who looks tiny) have had to get Elizabeth out to the woods, kill her, hide the body and get back home? Due to the timing, locations and size of victim and our suspect, I just can't imagine that the perp acted on their own...
And if the account from spacemonkey is indeed correct, then it would seem to me that the murderer would spend more than just a few minutes with the victim...

She was said to leave that house at 6:15 and was reported missing at 7? Is that correct?

Thanks Aimee, Is this girl currently in custody? If not I bet we see an arrest today, or at least would hope so.

yes on Saturday I believe "they" were taken into custody. Trying to figure out whether to charge as adult or juvi.

About the Guardian case records being pulled off the CaseNet site- unless there's a specific law, courts don't have to put their dockets on the internet. Even though its all public information, they can keep it all in paper copy in the courthouse. Courts are moving towards putting all of the information online to save time and money, but its not like a sunshine-law type of situation where they must. New York only puts criminal cases, and Florida actually charges you to do an online search.

LE might have requested the court take the case offline because once the court proceedings start the defendant's address will become public in one way or another- if she's charged as a juvenile, but law some things must be sealed. LE wouldn't want it to be so easy to get around the juvenile protections by just googling an address (at least when its on a LE website).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme