MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if I can post this if not please remove, but on this page read comment #236

http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?t=359777&page=6
wow!!! and it fits now with the link posted above about the teacher death...

if this is true... that comment #236, well we are in for a long ride on this one folks.... and another complete shocker of a crime... imhoo

ETA: also this comment fits with the other comment by ?????? that was in all caps. Sorry wish I could be more specific but such is the TOS..

Crimecurious, I was wondering who the teacher was. It said a popular English Teacher. I know of a couple my kids had, but don't know if I would classify them as a popular English teacher. Lots going on in the school this school year with change in school administration and several teachers who retired at the end of May.

Jules,

That is what I heard-- she left the house at 6:15 and was reported missing at 7pm. Did I read somewhere that a neighbor saw her on her way home? (have read so many reports and comments at this point...)

How long does it take a child to walk 1/4 mile? In uneven terrain?

Wouldn't LE have questioned everybody in the house? Was AB at home, or where was she? When did she come into contact with Elizabeth?

And...I read earlier about dogs...did LE use search dogs? If Elizabeth was walking, wouldn't they have picked up on her scent-- especially if the search started that night? But then, if she wasn't walking, no way could AB have carried her that far-- over uneven terrain, in the dark?

I also find it interesting that AB left Elizabeth's cell phone turned on, and the battery died out. You would think that she would have turned it off...you know, "just in case."

Details about his death were still being investigated, but authorities were dispatched to the scene as if this were a suicide call. A firearm was reportedly involved.

“We are deeply saddened to learn of the loss of Jefferson City High School teacher Bill Currie,” said Superintendent Dr. Brian Mitchell. “Mr. Currie has been part of our school family for 11 years. He has worked with many students during his time with us both as a home school coordinator and later as a classroom teacher.
http://www.newstribune.com/articles/2009/10/26/breaking_news/doc4ae5e98e67342319665125.txt
So if our alleged suspect is the one we are thinking (AB).... he was a teacher at her school....

Bill Currie was the teacher

District Statement: Death of Elizabeth Olten
We are deeply saddened by the tragic death of Elizabeth Olten. This is a strong, compassionate and caring community that will not be defined by this senseless act. As a school district, we work each day to address the issues that are relevant to the educational environment, and to provide support to our students, our families, and our staff.
It is important that our community know that this incident did not take place on school property and it was not school related. All aspects of the crime and criminal activity should be referred to the juvenile authorities.
The school district will continue to offer additional counseling for students. The district Web site also lists several local counseling agencies should families need assistance: www.jcps.k12.m.us.

http://www.komu.com/satellite/Satel...4c70b769/9214f759-80ce-0971-014f-37c3bfac2008

Jules,

That is what I heard-- she left the house at 6:15 and was reported missing at 7pm. Did I read somewhere that a neighbor saw her on her way home? (have read so many reports and comments at this point...)

How long does it take a child to walk 1/4 mile? In uneven terrain?

Wouldn't LE have questioned everybody in the house? Was AB at home, or where was she? When did she come into contact with Elizabeth?

And...I read earlier about dogs...did LE use search dogs? If Elizabeth was walking, wouldn't they have picked up on her scent-- especially if the search started that night? But then, if she wasn't walking, no way could AB have carried her that far-- over uneven terrain, in the dark?

I also find it interesting that AB left Elizabeth's cell phone turned on, and the battery died out. You would think that she would have turned it off...you know, "just in case."

I just went back and checked again and yes, she is said to have left the friends house at 6:15 and a call to the police was made at 7. Wonder what time the police arrived and started searching.

I had read this as well-- doesn't the timing seem strange? It appears that LE was called and searching pretty quickly, and one would think they would start out in the neighborhood. How much time could the perp have possibly had? It just seems like the murder must have happened pretty quickly.
If the perp is who we think it is, how much time could she (who looks tiny) have had to get Elizabeth out to the woods, kill her, hide the body and get back home? Due to the timing, locations and size of victim and our suspect, I just can't imagine that the perp acted on their own...
And if the account from spacemonkey is indeed correct, then it would seem to me that the murderer would spend more than just a few minutes with the victim...

I thought the same thing you would def. need some time to do those things

The teacher who died used to be the teacher sponsor for the school newspaper. He was very gray haired, so it is just something that happened, and has nothing to do with any of this other stuff.

If my child didn't come home on time, I would call the house she was suppose to leave. It would seem to me the house she was visiting is where E's family would have started looking. It would seem to me the ppl living there would have checked around to see if kids there knew something and noticed one of their own gone. It has been raining here so much even before there would have been mud and wet clothes and possibly blood. IMO

nursebeeme, thank you, and I don't know if that was one of her teachers or not!

The teacher who died used to be the teacher sponsor for the school newspaper. He was very gray haired, so it is just something that happened, and has nothing to do with any of this other stuff.

But didn't it say suspected suicide? How do we know if it is or is not related?

If my child didn't come home on time, I would call the house she was suppose to leave. It would seem to me the house she was visiting is where E's family would have started looking. It would seem to me the ppl living there would have checked around to see if kids there knew something and noticed one of their own gone. It has been raining here so much even before there would have been mud and wet clothes and possibly blood. IMO

We don't know if Elizabeth's mom called them first and then the police or not. It was said that Elizabeth called her mom from her cell phone on the way home -- so maybe when she didn't get home by 7, her mom called the house she was leaving from and asked if she was still there and they said no she left about 6:15. So then Mom called the police. I would think the guardians would have had to realize one of the kids was missing too, so maybe they covered up for her? We just don't know yet.

Wonder if the teacher felt guilty for not making a difference in the perp's life? Maybe he seen what the perp was becoming and tried to help, but was not enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme