MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Thanks, Kimster.

I did not know Elzabeth. A few of my friends were friends of the Olten family, but I was not. I regret to say I never knew the name until this tragedy occurred.
Is Thomas a relative? I don't know him either, apparently.

Thank you. And thanks to everyone else sending their regards.... I would 'reply' to all, but that'd be quite a few posts. :)

Kids at my school are mostly shocked that someone they know could do something like this. A few of AB's closer friends have left school crying because they hate listening to people talk about her the way they do, calling her a "freak" and such.

I'm also fifteen.

I am so sorry for what all of you have to deal with at such a young age. I hope she gets the help she needs. Did you know Elizabeths family as well? Do you know if she was living with her g/parents?

Since you are a local and know the POI, you must contact Tricia the site owner to verify before you can post. You may email her at Tgrif@xmission.com to find out how to do so.

Hi,
I'm a local, and personally know AB. We're in the same class, and I've been going to school with her since we were 12. I makes me really sad that she could've done something like this, and makes me rethink my judge of character.

Something I'd like to clear up is that she has seeked help for mental issues in the past. She dresses "emo", but hasn't really shown any outward signs of depressions since two years ago.

When she was around her friends, she was very happy, and bouncy, and open, and I have never witnessed her being a bully. Ever.

There are tons and tons of rumors going around our school, yet none of them contradict another. I'd like to post some of them, but being simply rumors, i can't.

Lillyanne, Animal is here now. She is a Mod and will be able to direct us - and you! Again, my heart goes out to you and I hope we were able to help you, if even a little bit!

Since you are a local and know the POI, you must contact Tricia the site owner to verify before you can post. You may email her at Tgrif@xmission.com to find out how to do so.

There you go, sweetheart. Please email her right away! I've talked to her before and she is a very nice and caring woman!!! :blowkiss: Hope to hear from you again very soon! And know that you and your friends are in our prayers!

Animal,

There is something else we need help with! Can you give us direction on what we can and cannot post here regarding rumors? TIA!!!

Lillyanne, Animal is here now. She is a Mod and will be able to direct us - and you! Again, my heart goes out to you and I hope we were able to help you, if even a little bit!
Animal is not just a MOD, she is an Administrator

Okay. Thanks, Kimster.

I did not know Elzabeth. A few of my friends were friends of the Olten family, but I was not. I regret to say I never knew the name until this tragedy occurred.
Is Thomas a relative? I don't know him either, apparently.

Thank lilliemae,just wondering if they were still friends.

Animal,

There is something else we need help with! Can you give us direction on what we can and cannot post here regarding rumors? TIA!!!

Tom's Girl, I think Animal might have left? Can you help us with this question? It keeps coming up time and time again!

I lived in Orlando for over 21 years. There was a woman found strangled in her garage sometime between 20005 and 2008, and I am going to try to find the articles and link them. The perp was the woman's nephew, who was married and living with his wife somewhere in southwest florida. After the perp was arrested it was learned that he had killed a parent (or step-parent, cannot remember) in a very violent manner when he was only 12. He was charged under the juvenile system, and so got out of confinement when he was no longer a minor. I believe he may have even changed his name, or assumed a new one. Even his wife had no idea about his former murder. The point is, IMOO, is that a child who commits cold-blooded murder at such a young age is not likely to be able to be rehabilitated. Unfortunately, many of these people appear to have changed their ways, and the first clue that the person could murder again is when the victim is found. I am going to look for the links to this story. It is pertinent to Elizabeth's Olten's murder because of the circumstances.

The odd thing to me,her myspace and facebook pics are of a happy looking teen,but I found a pic on one of her friend's photo albums.She had on heavy eye make up,the black goth studded bracelet looking at the computer screen and looked like an entirely different child.I am concerned about what children get into on the computer,like the groups or fads that children can take a step further.This twilight thing is very bad and I see so many kids are into it now.Looking at kids myspace sites,they've taken on vampire themes,the sites that are public,show photo albums of normal kids and they've morphed into this goth/emo theme.Some might just be going through a fad,true,but it's also led to people being killed by kids who take that step further into that realm.

The odd thing to me,her myspace and facebook pics are of a happy looking teen,but I found a pic on one of her friend's photo albums.She had on heavy eye make up,the black goth studded bracelet looking at the computer screen and looked like an entirely different child.I am concerned about what children get into on the computer,like the groups or fads that children can take a step further.This twilight thing is very bad and I see so many kids are into it now.Looking at kids myspace sites,they've taken on vampire themes,the sites that are public,show photo albums of normal kids and they've morphed into this goth/emo theme.Some might just be going through a fad,true,but it's also led to people being killed by kids who take that step further into that realm.

I thought her ms and twitter pics looked like she was high or on something.

I am not in agreement with violent crimes being kept private if it's a minor.A teen is not a child and if they have a violent character,they'll more than likely harm again.They turn 18 and thier records are sealed,many have commited more crimes and people weren't aware of thier history.

I thought her ms and twitter pics looked like she was high or on something.

Do you think so?I thought she just looked like a normal teen,I didn't see her twitter pic.I saw her myspace and Facebook pics.The goth pic I saw was like a different person.

I lived in Orlando for over 21 years. There was a woman found strangled in her garage sometime between 20005 and 2008, and I am going to try to find the articles and link them. The perp was the woman's nephew, who was married and living with his wife somewhere in southwest florida. After the perp was arrested it was learned that he had killed a parent (or step-parent, cannot remember) in a very violent manner when he was only 12. He was charged under the juvenile system, and so got out of confinement when he was no longer a minor. I believe he may have even changed his name, or assumed a new one. Even his wife had no idea about his former murder. The point is, IMOO, is that a child who commits cold-blooded murder at such a young age is not likely to be able to be rehabilitated. Unfortunately, many of these people appear to have changed their ways, and the first clue that the person could murder again is when the victim is found. I am going to look for the links to this story. It is pertinent to Elizabeth's Olten's murder because of the circumstances.

There was the debate years ago over the Grant case as well.

Yes...I know what you mean. Didn't the perps in the Columbine killings also relate to the goth lifestyle? I know a lot of the kids are dressing like this just to be cool, but some of them are taking it to the extreme..and the extreme of this is pure evil.

I found information on Charlie Brandt. It was actually his aunt and his wife whom he killed, plus I believe another woman near where he lived in Southwest Florida. When he was a fairly young child he killed his pregnant mother(or stepmother - I have found reports stating either one.) Both the mother and the unborn baby died. Here is a link with some more information about him:

http://www.crimezzz.net/serialkiller_news/B/BRANDT_carl.php

I'm still not sure the teacher/advisor who committed suicide has no bearing on all this. Timing a little too close for comfort.

I'm wondering if she wrote a story about a murder and the teacher just thought it was an essay and not an actual plan. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay