MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new here and I can't help but feel bad about what just happened between ILC and Joibug. Does that happen a lot?

Some schools have Bible studies and prayer sessions before school which could explain her going to 'church' daily. It's kind of surprising she was involved in anything like that considering...

JCHS has a Christian Club that meets in the mornings.

AB often got rides to and from other activities from some of the other girls who went to the Club/church group.

she wass posting her personal opinion, and apparently what some in the community believe. Tricia has verified her so I will allow her post to stand based on it being her opinion and what she has heard from people there.

No, she stated that it was her opinion that Patty was high at the time. She stated the rest of her statement as a fact.

And as much as I appreciate all of Tricia's work here, really what kind of verification process can there be when Tricia also does not know AB, or Elizabeth, or either of their families?

I think it would be difficult to accurately "verify" something when you yourself don't know the answers. Not saying she doesn't attempt verification, but don't for a minute think that "verification" is fool proof.

Just to restate here are the facts I know to be true, while I can provide links and such like the forum requests I can give my word.

Grandparents did not impede or attempt to impede the investigation.
It is a shock to everyone that AB ma have done it.
AB was on prozac.
The grandparents are clearly hurt by the situation.
AB went to church on almost a daily basis.
When the facts hit, you will find out why I think that LE on all levels was completely incompentent and suspected nothing the first day.
BTW, I know for a fact that Kurt Valentine is offering his services on this case and the grandparents aren't paying for him. They make alot of money but they are also (from what I understand) in a tremendous amount of debt. And I know for a fact that valentine's retainer is 10k, which would be hard for a family in debt to afford.
Also, the body was found behind the grandparent's house in the woods, not to the left or right, but almost straight back.

That is all,
ILC Out!

Who was living in the house with the gps? Was it just the gm's gks?

I have never bashed the grandparents. I know nothing about them. They may or may not have any "fault" in the situation (knowledge of mental issues).
That will come out at a later date.

But to start throwing accusations out about a woman who buried her daughter just five days ago is going too far.

ITA and especially when it adds NOTHING to this case. The grandparents of the alleged killer of course will be looked at under a microscope and will be questioned because the alleged murderer lived with them, but Elizabeth's mom had nothing to do with her daughter being killed even if she was pissy to everyone in the neighborhood, or does meth 24/7.
All those rumors are unnecessary and do nothing but deflect and distract.

Just to restate here are the facts I know to be true, while I can provide links and such like the forum requests I can give my word.

Grandparents did not impede or attempt to impede the investigation.
It is a shock to everyone that AB ma have done it.
AB was on prozac.
The grandparents are clearly hurt by the situation.
AB went to church on almost a daily basis.
When the facts hit, you will find out why I think that LE on all levels was completely incompentent and suspected nothing the first day.
BTW, I know for a fact that Kurt Valentine is offering his services on this case and the grandparents aren't paying for him. They make alot of money but they are also (from what I understand) in a tremendous amount of debt. And I know for a fact that valentine's retainer is 10k, which would be hard for a family in debt to afford.
Also, the body was found behind the grandparent's house in the woods, not to the left or right, but almost straight back.

That is all,
ILC Out!

As you can see from my post count, I just lurk. But I wanted to post to say that I so appreciate hearing from all locals and/or those who know the families involved. I certainly wish none of this had happened and both families could be happy and whole. But because it has happened, and we are here discussing it, ILC I hope you stay around. Everyone should be allowed to post without getting insulted for their first-hand knowledge or opinions based on their knowledge. If someone needs to be corrected for their post, the mods and administrators handle things very well. Thanks to all!

and to be clear.... once again.... I have no idea if EO's mom does meth or any other drugs.

But it adds nothing to the case, and there is no reason to bring it up.

The woman buried her daughter five days ago. Give her a break.

I'm new here and I can't help but feel bad about what just happened between ILC and Joibug. Does that happen a lot?

Yes, it has happened before. Bear in mind, these cases are highly emotional to those who aren't involved, let alone those who ARE! That is why we have a very strong administration and mod team to help us through the difficult times.

I appreciate both views. We need to always remember that not everyone will agree with our posts, no matter who we are. The rest of us who are not as close to this case must also remember that the locals are under a lot of stress. I believe that part of the reason they come here is to find answers for themselves and we need to give them an extra dose of understanding. I would be devastated if this happened in my small town! And I hope my fellow posters here would handle me with care.

{{{HUGS}}} to our locals. May your community come together and lift up everyone involved - no matter which side of the fence they live. :praying:

Obviously NO, since cookies stated she went to school with someone who lived there, she said she was in her 20's.

JCHS has a Christian Club that meets in the mornings.

AB often got rides to and from other activities from some of the other girls who went to the Club/church group.

That's cool. I wonder how those girls feel since they obviously reached out to her?

Animal,

This is O/T but I was wondering about something.
If someone has been a regular WS poster for awhile, and then a case comes up that is local to them, where they either have inside information, or they are able to give the local info. Do they still need to check in with Tricia before posting?
I'm not asking for any reason other than today's posts got me thinking about it.
Thanks in advance.

No, she stated that it was her opinion that Patty was high at the time. She stated the rest of her statement as a fact.

And as much as I appreciate all of Tricia's work here, really what kind of verification process can there be when Tricia also does not know AB, or Elizabeth, or either of their families?

I think it would be difficult to accurately "verify" something when you yourself don't know the answers. Not saying she doesn't attempt verification, but don't for a minute think that "verification" isn't fool proof.

You read it differently than I do and that is fine, however my decision stands. Tricia said it wasn't foolproof, however she is being allowed to post as someone who knows people involved in this case. You really need to move on from this particular argument now.

IloveCookies- One more clarification, if you're still here.

Do I understand that AB's gp's may not have even known EO was at their house playing?

That's cool. I wonder how those girls feel since they obviously reached out to her?

One of those girls is my daughter's best friend. She was shocked as she had never seen that side of AB before.

But she has since seen AB's online personality, and realizes that she never really knew AB. Honestly, she feels quite used. She feels like she was used to give AB rides to other social events, and that if she had ever seen anything like what is on AB's online profiles, she never would have associated with her at all.

I would like to know that as well. It sounds like there are other adults living in the house, since ILC posted she went to schooll with some of the people living there, and she is in her 20's.

Animal,

This is O/T but I was wondering about something.
If someone has been a regular WS poster for awhile, and then a case comes up that is local to them, where they either have inside information, or they are able to give the local info. Do they still need to check in with Tricia before posting?
I'm not asking for any reason other than today's posts got me thinking about it.
Thanks in advance.

Yes I think in that situation I would also have them talk to Tricia before they post unverifiable "inside" info.

You really need to move on from this particular argument now.

I didn't even know there was an "argument". An argument, as I understand it, has two opposing sides.

My side is that it is inappropriate to bash the mother of a murder victim five days after she buries her daughter.

Is someone disputing that?

I didn't even know there was an "argument". An argument, as I understand it, has two sides.

My side is that it is inappropriate to bash the mother of a murder victim five days after she buries her daughter.

Is someone disputing that?

Yes I am as I told you I saw no bashing and the post stands so lay off it.

One of those girls is my daughter's best friend. She was shocked as she had never seen that side of AB before.

But she has since seen AB's online personality, and realizes that she never really knew AB. Honestly, she feels quite used. She feels like she was used to give AB rides to other social events, and that if she had ever seen anything like what is on AB's online profiles, she never would have associated with her at all.

I am not really surprised when I think about it. Children who have had terrible parenting can be quite cunning and manipulative. It is what they've learned to survive. I do NOT mean because of her grandparents, who appear to have been trying to help their grandkids. I am talking about prior to the grandparents getting custody. It would be interesting to know more about AB's life at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member