MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I noticed right off with the fence video is how long she held onto it - about 3 seconds, when her brothers could barely stand touching it. I've touched an electric fence, and it's a jolt. It has to stop horses and cattle, so you really feel it. Yet she held on. I think that's an example of how desensitized to pain, her own, others', that she was becoming even at 13.

I noticed that too - at first I thought that maybe it was not on and they were simulating like it was on.

I have no idea. But I'd assume it'd been a while. She'd been in therapy for years, and I'm sure she had been taking it most of the time she was in therapy

I wonder if her meds changed recently - the dose or type of med.

gotta get going- mucho thanks to ILoveCookies to sticking around filling in some of the blanks for us :)

Did they keep horses on this property and did the kids ride them?

Sounds like a pre-school type daycare (babies, or little kids)if it only ran until 4

Some private day care places do this, they cater to the hours of nurses and teachers who can pick up by around 4 or so. It allows the provider time to take their own kids to dance and soccer etc after school hours.

jmoo

I wonder if her meds changed recently - the dose or type of med.

After seeing her myspace, twitter, singing videos, and the "fence"video, iirc they were done 2 years ago. Then that would mean that she has been like this for over years. I can't imagine!

ILC
Thanks for helping us here with all these questions, and If I might add, I'll be praying for you, I can't imagine being in your shoes and knowing any of these people on a personal level and having to see their pain and anguish.. This must be terrible for both sides..

After seeing her myspace, twitter, singing videos, and the "fence"video, iirc they were done 2 years ago. Then that would mean that she has been like this for over years. I can't imagine!

BBM
I asked before and didn't get an answer - what are these videos? Is there a link? TIA.

I had to come back for a second because my memory is horrible and I have a question and didn't want to forget. lol

What time does the bus run around there? What time does it drop the kids off in the evening.

My son gets off the bus at 4pm. Granted we live two miles away and it is a different bus.... but there wouldn't be a whole lot of difference... no more than ten mins at most.

Does Mom O work outside the home? Is she home when E gets off the bus?

My son gets off the bus at 4pm. Granted we live two miles away and it is a different bus.... but there wouldn't be a whole lot of difference... no more than ten mins at most.

My kids got off their middle school and high school bus 30 minutes earlier than the elementary school bus here in Jeff City

Does Mom O work outside the home? Is she home when E gets off the bus?

She does work outside the home. I do not know if she was home when E got off the bus, but based on where she worked, she probably had a flexible and changing schedule.

I worked at ACC in Jeff City. I don't believe in keeping them cooped up 24/7 as that does lead to many more problems. I believe more in the fact that you earn what privelages you get.

Yes, I agree with you. My lil friend went in at 15, was certified, and was placed in Max Sec at 16...crazy. He has earned the priviledge of being in the honor wing. Recently he got sick. Does Jeff City have facilities for sick prisoners? He is now 29 btw...

Animal,

This is O/T but I was wondering about something.
If someone has been a regular WS poster for awhile, and then a case comes up that is local to them, where they either have inside information, or they are able to give the local info. Do they still need to check in with Tricia before posting?
I'm not asking for any reason other than today's posts got me thinking about it.
Thanks in advance.

If Animal hasn't already answered, the answer is yes.

Thanks for asking.

Hoppy

WOW! Now I know why my kids have never been in day care.

One thing I wanted to say...when the details of the crime came out that related to the 15 year old I knew, none of it made much sense and still doesn't. His got down to peer pressure from an 18 year old and he wanted to prove his 'toughness.' He came from a strict home-schooling background and none of us ever saw it coming. He was depressed over his father dying the prior year but we still didn't have a clue he had this much anger inside. AB may not have a clear reason for the crime. Sad, but true.

Kids being kids behave irresponsibly and impulsively all the time. That much is understood. I could see this crime happening out of a moment of rage and AB lashed out at Elizabeth, but so many have alleged the gravesite was prepared days before, which makes it horribly premeditated.

I don't know either family, don't even live in that state. What I do know is that kids have changed and I don't really know why. I do know that times have changed and what 15 year old's are doing now I never would have done. Talking back to their parents and elders, not wanting to get an education. The one thing that I have noticed is that kids that do what they do today is not so much a problem with illegal drugs, but a problem that seems to stem from there adolescent years. The person that is accused of this horrible crime is being looked at as a "child", she is not a child, she is a product of her environment. Not putting blame on the Gp's but they were not there for her, if that makes sense. Some ppl just don't pay attention,and evidently they did not see what was about to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member