MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is sounding like maybe the GP's were not at home at the time that this was going on. Maybe that is why the kids were outside.

NOT a fact. It was my own theory. I think everyone is focused on one timeline of events, and I don't believe that timeline is correct.

How early are you thinking Elizabeth was over at their house playing outside with her friend?

I'm not getting this at all....Why would he think there would be a fight, if the GP's were just going over to help?
Distraught parents with a missing child last seen at the gparents home. Gparents come over (at that time there were alot of EO's extended family their from what he said), and everyone might think they are being mean by coming over. He just said and i quote "The tension was thick, it didn't seem like much in the video, but I honestly thought I was going to get hit just for showing up."

When Mom is obviously THAT upset, time to head on back to the ol' homestead and wait for word, IMO. NOT whip out the cell phone for video of Moms meltdown.

But the GPs aren't the ones who did that...it was another younger person in the household. No offense, ILC, but kids (to me they are kids) are more apt to be concerned about "drama" in their late teens and early 20s. And having your cell there to record possible "drama" isn't as odd as it would be to someone of my generation. Kids tape everything.

I don't know if it was normal. I know the twins were friends with EO's older brother, so i would think it was normal (they all rode the same bus too).

And it is my opinion that EO came over immediately after school.

Distraught parents with a missing child last seen at the gparents home. Gparents come over (at that time there were alot of EO's extended family their from what he said), and everyone might think they are being mean by coming over. He just said and i quote "The tension was thick, it didn't seem like much in the video, but I honestly thought I was going to get hit just for showing up."

The part bolded above by me - Why would anyone think that? If my kid was missing and last seen at someone's house - then those someones show up to help me look for my kid, I would NOT "think they were being mean for showing up". I don't get that.

OK now this is making sense. It is HE who has/had a problem with the O's.

Good grief...I am sorry to see that these two families didn't get along even BEFORE this horrific tragedy. My heart continues to go out to Elizabeth's family...they have so much pain there.

Maybe "he" should try on some different shoes...the ones Elizabeths Mom and extended family were wearing that night.
Okies. I'm done with this today. I'm clenching teeth.
Yall have a good rest of the day.

And my heart goes out to the GPS who wanted to SAVE their grandkids.

The anguish on both sides of this fence is eating me up. I think I may need to take a break.

But the GPs aren't the ones who did that...it was another younger person in the household. No offense, ILC, but kids (to me they are kids) are more apt to be concerned about "drama" in their late teens and early 20s. And having your cell there to record possible "drama" isn't as odd as it would be to someone of my generation. Kids tape everything.

I guess I had WAY to much going on in my life/responsibility to worry about recording on my cell phone. lol Maybe thats why I don't get it.

As far as I know he never met the O's. but he may well of. In the context of that whole conversation, I believe he meant that he thought someone was going to get hurt because they went over to the O's house. but once again that is my opinion.

CSquare, what prison did you work at? I had a friend in Crossroads for a long time. He's recently been moved to Jeff City.
As far as Missouri prisons go, they are a heck of a lot better than the ones in Calif. In Calif, they are on perpetual lockdowns which stir up a LOT of anger among the prisoners. My experience in MO prisons, is that there is more motivation to do better..ex.- honor wings, jobs, etc.

I worked at ACC in Jeff City. I don't believe in keeping them cooped up 24/7 as that does lead to many more problems. I believe more in the fact that you earn what privelages you get.

{{{LOCALS}}}

See what I mean? This is difficult even for those of us who live hundreds of miles away!

I thought she said they did get along before all of this happened? Or did I read it wrong.

I think I am going to take the lead of others and go sew something. Maybe I will be "of sound mind" later tonight!

The part bolded above by me - Why would anyone think that? If my kid was missing and last seen at someone's house - then those someones show up to help me look for my kid, I would NOT "think they were being mean for showing up". I don't get that.

I'd be grateful someone was coming over to help, and I'd probably take anybody & everybody's help at that point.

Is it possible that the EO's family got upset when AB's family told them they didn't even think or know she was at their house?

As far as I know he never met the O's. but he may well of. In the context of that whole conversation, I believe he meant that he thought someone was going to get hurt because they went over to the O's house. but once again that is my opinion.

Not being snarky! If he was so worried about what might happen, then why go over there?

Good grief...I am sorry to see that these two families didn't get along even BEFORE this horrific tragedy. My heart continues to go out to Elizabeth's family...they have so much pain there.

Mine too. I was in a relationship with some one that was into some stuff, I was oblivious to what was going on, til the end or our relationship. And after I ended it, he went way down hill. What he was doing is not what I was doing and it plagued me for a while, wondering if ppl thought that I was involved. My heart goes out to Elizabeth's mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinny