MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, my friend took at his cell phone to record because he said that he thought there was going to be a fight.

I don't know what happened to the question and answer segment about whether or not the GP's arrived at the O home with a video camera, never saw the answer to that. Would be interesting to know if that is what they did.

Everyone is assuming that they went over there with a video camera in hand to record whatever happened. Many cell phones have the ability to take video. I would not be surprised that a 20 something young person to have a cell phone with all the bells and whistles. For that matter AB's grandfather is a tech guy and has $ so it would be a good chance that he also would have a cell capable of video.

I hope you guys aren't trying to speculate that the six year old was involved. Or even present.

Really, I think we would know by now. I just don't think a six year old could stand up to an interrigation (even a child psychology one) and keep the truth hidden.

Even if she were just to witness the event, I think it would have been obvious immediately.

Unless some new evidence comes out.... I have no reason to believe that the six year old (E) wasn't safe inside her home, assuming that Elizabeth had gone home because it was getting late.

Noo ILC said that Elizabeth had never entered the home..and that the 6 yr had gone out unbeknown to the grandparents and played with Elizabeth thats what i meant. Not that she was there when whatever happened.

Sounded that way didn't it?

Here you daughter is missing and I am going to video tape everything you say because it can and will be used against you in a court of law!

I can't imagine, not saying that happened, and hoping it didn't. If it had happened here, at this house, with me answering the door. Let's just say it would not have been pretty.

Wondering who called the GP's first- EO's mom? Sheriff?

AND THEN...if I'm getting this right...Elizabeth's mom called the GPS' hosue looking for Elizabeth. Once the GPS realized she had been at their house and never made it home, they went to Elizabeth's mom's to see if they could help. Elizabeth's mom was so upset that she turned them away. That's what I'm getting.

I do think it is important to think this out because knowing the timeline in which AB could have committed this crime is part of sleuthing.

According to ILC no...

Seventh, Elizabeth's mom never called nor texted. Let's think about this rationally for a second. IF the rumors are true about how E was killed, and what was done post mortem, then the murder, ensuing acts, plus burial, would take at least an hour. Police arrived on the scene at 7 pm. E's mom said that she called and talked to E at 6:15. Police went immediately into the woods (lets say 7:10pm). Knowing a few police officers in Kansas City, it is a fact that they wouldn't have shown up with their lights on, so alerting the POI with sirens or flashing lights is out of the question. So assuming that AB was out of the woods before the police showed up at 7:00 pm (which is when they showed up and not when they were called), and that they were called at about 6:45 (response time here is awful). Then there is NO way that E's mom called (supposedly she did so from a home phone) and talked to E at 6:15 because E was already dead.

In regards to my last post, what happened there is also of no importance. I'm sorry for an inflamatory remarks I may have made earlier concerning the event, I was just trying to clarify that it is my opinion that the grandparents were not cold at all to the olten family.

No, my friend took at his cell phone to record because he said that he thought there was going to be a fight.

I'm not getting this at all....Why would he think there would be a fight, if the GP's were just going over to help?

Everyone is assuming that they went over there with a video camera in hand to record whatever happened. Many cell phones have the ability to take video. I would not be surprised that a 20 something young person to have a cell phone with all the bells and whistles. For that matter AB's grandfather is a tech guy and has $ so it would be a good chance that he also would have a cell capable of video.

But would you point a camera of ANY kind in the face of a mother whos nine year old daughter is missing? :waitasec:

Maybe if you work for the nightly news which I doubt anyone there does.

But this is JUST MY VERY OWN OPINION!!!!

Ah...okay. That sounds reasonable for someone that age. My sons would be apt to do that also.

I'm not getting this at all....Why would he think there would be a fight, if the GP's were just going over to help?

Maybe this is just me, but it sounds to me like (my own interpretation) that these families didn't get along..the adults that is..
Could Elizabeth have died because of a rift between the families?

WOW, ILC, elizabeth was dead at 6:15? Is this a fact?

But would you point a camera of ANY kind in the face of a mother whos nice year old daughter is missing? :waitasec:

Remember, we are looking at it from the back. Elizabeth is missing...GPS are thinking that it has nothing to do with them, but Elizabeth's mom is insisting it DID since Elizabeth was there last. NONE of them know she has been killed at this point.

Sounds more like the perp answered Elizabeth's phone..:waitasec:
What i was trying to with my earlier post is that it is my opinion that the phone was never called, and most likely not texted as others had said in previous posts, because EO had her mother's cell phone (or so I understand)

Remember, we are looking at it from the back. Elizabeth is missing...GPS are thinking that it has nothing to do with them, but Elizabeth's mom is insisting it DID since Elizabeth was there last. NONE of them know she has been killed at this point.
When Mom is obviously THAT upset, time to head on back to the ol' homestead and wait for word, IMO. NOT whip out the cell phone for video of Moms meltdown.

But would you point a camera of ANY kind in the face of a mother whos nine year old daughter is missing? :waitasec:

I agree, if it was a big camcorder or something, but you can record with a cell phone without anyone even noticing. Still wondering why they thought there would be something worthy of recording, though.

Maybe this is just me, but it sounds to me like (my own interpretation) that these families didn't get along..the adults that is..
Could Elizabeth have died because of a rift between the families?

I'm going to take a chance here and I really hope an pray no one takes this as an attack on either one of these families. I'm just looking at this from how I would feel if I were in this situation...

Elizabeth's dad and uncle are in prison for meth. That is a fact. And Elizabeth's dad is the POI for a murder, on top of it all. If I were Elizabeth's mom, I would think everyone blames ME for what THEY did. It is a small town and Lord knows what the gossip has been like for the Olten family. SO...if my child went missing, I may be very upset and over the top. The mom didn't know Elizabeth had been killed. She might have been more concerned that people were going to judge her because she didn't know where her daughter was. I don't care about the family's lifestyle at the time, I think it is reasonable to believe she would have been extremely upset on all kinds of levels.

The GPs may have been a bit afraid to go over there just because of the father's criminal history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!