MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The mods are going to look at this from an "as needed" basis...kinda sorta. The deal here is that LE has arrested a suspect. Therefore, by all rights, everyone else is innocent of this crime. Per TOS, we are not to drag the innocent into the mix.

If you guys are like me, I am itching for that hearing to air so we know if AB will be tried as an adult and named in this case for easier sleuthing. In the meantime, we need to keep our heads on our shoulders too.

I don't think any of us are implying that the other people in the house are involved in the crime - it just helps to get a better picture of the circumstances in AB's life, which I hope is ok.

I have access to a database that shows another adult woman in the home. I am nervous to say anything else. I'm confused on the rules, even though I've read the TOS because I got a two day time out for saying less than I see people saying now. So I'm just being very careful about what I say.

Stating who lives in the house isn't a good idea, IMO. Obviously the people who live there are already under a lot of scrutiny. It might be better for their own safety to leave them alone at this point. I would only discuss people named in the media and by ILC (she was cleared by Tricia) and leave the rest of them alone. Even then, do not use their names and addresses.

I don't think any of us are implying that the other people in the house are involved in the crime - it just helps to get a better picture of the circumstances in AB's life, which I hope is ok.

Then let it lay with what the media has said and what ILC has said...if I am wrong here, one of the admins or mods will correct me. I'm just going by what I've experienced during my time here at WS. (Believe me, these issues come up time and time again).

Just an FYI, we are not allowed to "sleuth" fellow members. :wink:

I am sorry. I was just thinking out loud and I guess I shouldn't have. I am new and I am trying to abide by the TOS. :truce:

So grandma, grandpa, AB, the twins, the six year old, an un-named male, and another female are all fair game because ILC said so.

Somehow I doubt that.

If you guys are like me, I am itching for that hearing to air so we know if AB will be tried as an adult and named in this case for easier sleuthing. In the meantime, we need to keep our heads on our shoulders too.

I am hoping they try her as an adult. I am sympathetic to a hard knock life and how that may have helped form who AB is today. But the bottom line for me is that while I can acknowledge the tragedy of a 15 year old who decides to murder, the thought of trying a child with obvious phsycological problems as an adult for murder is distasteful to me. But alot of things in this world are distasteful to me lately.

I must, bottom line, hope for an outcome that ensures the saftey of the public at large. The only way I can see that safety being proferred is by trying AB as an adult. Phsycologically damaged through no fault of her own or not, murder is murder and I think AB is beyond help for those issues. Would that someone had suspected how deeply her problems ran and gotten to her in time. Time's up, too broken to fix now.

Stating who lives in the house isn't a good idea, IMO. Obviously the people who live there are already under a lot of scrutiny. It might be better for their own safety to leave them alone at this point. I would only discuss people named in the media and by ILC (she was cleared by Tricia) and leave the rest of them alone. Even then, do not use their names and addresses.

I have been surprised that folks are saying "Aunt K". I have no intentions of saying anything on here about anyone else living in the house.

I am hoping they try her as an adult. I am sympathetic to a hard knock life and how that may have helped form who AB is today. But the bottom line for me is that while I can acknowledge the tragedy of a 15 year old who decides to murder, the thought of trying a child with obvious phsycological problems as an adult for murder is distasteful to me. But alot of things in this world are distasteful to me lately.

I must, bottom line, hope for an outcome that ensures the saftey of the public at large. The only way I can see that safety being proferred is by trying AB as an adult. Phsycologically damaged through no fault of her own or not, murder is murder and I think AB is beyond help for those issues. Would that someone had suspected how deeply her problems ran and gotten to her in time. Time's up, too broken to fix now.

I personally do not feel that it is ever too late. There will need to be a lot of help provided to her and she is the one that is going to have to open up and accept the help and not just go along with what is offered her.

So grandma, grandpa, AB, the twins, the six year old, an un-named male, and another female are all fair game because ILC said so.

Somehow I doubt that.

We can discuss what ILC told us about them. We cannot go any further than that. I didn't make myself clear, sorry. :innocent:

For example, we were piecing together the events that ILC gave us regarding the time of the crime last night. That is fine and we can discuss the people involved during that time, per ILC.

I agree! She is not 9 herself...she is old enough to be a public safety issue if she were released. I am very concerned about how the outcome of this case is going to go....

Missouri seems to be very hard on crime committed by a minor. My friend was given absolutely no slack, even though he had recently gone through a lot of trauma in his personal life. That added to the fact he was sent to a boarding school to work out his behavior issues that occurred following the death of his dad, none of it made a darn bit of difference. He was given LWOP, thrown into an adult Max Sec prison at 16, and was half way across the country from his home and his family. It was sad but yet the crime was committed and he is paying a heavy price for making a stupid decision at the age of 15. I don't see how AB's situation is any different. Also, from the little I've heard hinted at as to the manner of death, even that is almost exactly the same.

I have been surprised that folks are saying "Aunt K". I have no intentions of saying anything on here about anyone else living in the house.

Hey, I'm not a mod or admin or anything. I'm just sharing what I've learned by being here. What a person does with that is up to them. I just hate to see anyone get a TO. I was bummed when you did, Mom2Yaya! We need to keep brainstorming together as a team! :woohoo:

Csquare,

Sorry, perhaps I sounded harsher than was my intention. I too am a glass half full, optomistic, power of positive attraction type thinker. By too late I meant too late for her to be trusted by the general public again. She may well get help in prison. I hope she does. But will I find her a person I feel to be safe walking the streets freely? No. Not ever.

Csquare,

Sorry, perhaps I sounded harsher than was my intention. I too am a glass half full, optomistic, power of positive attraction type thinker. By too late I meant too late for her to be trusted by the general public again. She may well get help in prison. I hope she does. But will I find her a person I feel to be safe walking the streets freely? No. Not ever.

She will not get help in prison, believe me. Prison is a place where true character is put into play. Either they self improve or they play the prison politics game and never really change except for the worse.

Csquare,

Agreed. I don't care what age you are. If you experience killing someone for a thrill you should not be allowed in the general public again. Whose to say she won't do it again? This is not a case of an accident. What if she wants to feel that thrill again. She might be addicted to the rush.

And, since she doesn't like authority I'm sure she's showing her true colors wherever she's locked up at. It wouldn't surprise me if she's already been in some holds.

And, since she doesn't like authority I'm sure she's showing her true colors wherever she's locked up at. It wouldn't surprise me if she's already been in some holds.

I'm also guessing that she thinks it is wrong that she is being held and that no one understands her and that none of this is her fault...

OH MAN! I had a question for you, ILC. Naturally I can't remember what it was right now! :-/

Thanks ILC. I'm working under the assumption that K no longer lives there. Can you confirm?

ILC, Do you know if LE went to the school to get AB on that Fri before she led them to the body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nc1995